Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

It’s not great - but it’s not unplayable based on what DF were showing and my wife (who will be playing it first) will not care either way. I might hold off (as sort of mentioned) until we get a PS5 and a new TV next summer to give it a go, but...so long as it doesn’t crash, doesn’t screen tear, mostly looks OK - it’s fine - hopefully to be patched to be a resounding OK.

17 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I think I'm going to be sick after watching that DF video on PS4/Pro.  It's awful.  Even on Pro, it looks super soft and smeary with ghosting artifacts and the framerate tanks.

Even on PC I'm pretty distracted by all the chromatic aberration, depth of field effects, temporal AA and such.  I'm normally one to get excited about new visual tech and all the RT options are sure exciting on paper.  But the look of this game generally doesn't do much for me.

It looks beautiful but I can see how the whole neon lights scifi dystopian look isn't for everyone. 

I dare not turn on the RT effects though since I have a 6800XT. Maybe when RDNA3. I also want to test if going to high setting increases my FPS. Doubt I can hit 60+ but being in the 40s hopefully lower 50s would be fine.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

PC peeps: mouse and keyboard or controller?

I know it's an RPG first and a shooter 2nd but I'm not playing a shooter with a controller unless it has Gyro aiming. 

I will say the default controls are pretty ass, I need to fiddle with them later but for now I have C  (crouch) on mouse 4 and Tab (scan) on mouse 5.

38 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I think I'm going to be sick after watching that DF video on PS4/Pro.  It's awful.  Even on Pro, it looks super soft and smeary with ghosting artifacts and the framerate tanks.

Even on PC I'm pretty distracted by all the chromatic aberration, depth of field effects, temporal AA and such.  I'm normally one to get excited about new visual tech and all the RT options are sure exciting on paper.  But the look of this game generally doesn't do much for me.

Dude, you're on PC. There's options for every one of those things. I turned chromatic aberration off immediately. Even when I think it fits well with the style of the game, it seems a bit overused, feels almost like Bloodborne levels of CA.

Look of the game is doing wonders for me besides that. The star of the show here isn't really the characters, they just look fine, but not amazing. The ENVIRONMENTS on the other hand, hot damn are they dense and packed with tons of unique art assets and verticality and the entire city feels distinct from street to street. My favorite thing to do in open worlds is explore, and holy shit there's a lot to explore here. And then I saw I could buy double jump and high jump augments and nearly came in my pants, I had no idea there's be upgrades for enhancing exploration like that. Especially after they said they'd changed it from the original footage. I love that you can clamber onto anything jutting out, so I spent like 15 minutes trying to get onto a roof by jumping from catwalk to air conditioning unit and so on, almost got up, too!

I know most people are after story and that kind of thing, but I was not expecting to love exploring quite so much. Was kind of expecting the city to be more of a facade than it is. I mean, it still is, it's not like you can go into every single room or anything, but it feels like it takes the GTA V level of detail, amps it up, and then just makes it more fun to actually get around. For me at least. And it's been fairly rewarding so far! Have found all kinds of mods and weapons and money in places I wouldn't have expected.

Can't really give a super in-depth critique or anything, I just find myself really enjoying this one particular facet of the game very much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Currently getting around 55-65 FPS at 4K/ultra settings (no Psycho mode on RT)/Performance DLSS

Edit: please note that I've only played about 2 hours and its possible my frames are higher because I simply haven't hit a congested part of Night City yet.

Wow, that's a decent boost. What's your CPU/RAM?

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Is_this_bad.jpg

Eh, it's only down 15 cents since Nov 11th. and it's up 26 cents since June 11th. Holding relatively steady. 

35 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

So when's the Switch port coming?

The switch version won't be so much a game as it is a PowerPoint presentation.

3 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

You can and should turn those effects off on PC.

A few other tips:

In the control settings - turn on advanced controls. The set both the horizontal and vertical turning bonus to 0. This will make turning feel consistent instead of ramping up when you move the stick all the way over. It was totally fucking up my aim and this helped. 

I also set the deadzone to 0 and I’m running 15 sensitively for both horizontal and vertical sensitivity. It feels way more fast and twitchy like an FPS now. Game changer. 

56 minutes ago, atom631 said:

A few other tips:

In the control settings - turn on advanced controls. The set both the horizontal and vertical turning bonus to 0. This will make turning feel consistent instead of ramping up when you move the stick all the way over. It was totally fucking up my aim and this helped. 

I also set the deadzone to 0 and I’m running 15 sensitively for both horizontal and vertical sensitivity. It feels way more fast and twitchy like an FPS now. Game changer. 

Omg thank you. I’ll have to try this out. My aim has been so fucking off and I was confused as fuck. I thought maybe I really suck at this game. 

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

A few other tips:

I'm gonna try this. My aim hasn't been terrible, I've landed a descent amount of headshots, but it could be better. I'm six hours in and loving the game. I've had no crashes and haven't seen any bugs yet. Playing on the series X.

I wasn't totally sold initially, but the more I play, the more I am enjoying it.  I had been playing Valhalla which I loved, but after putting time into Cyberpunk, Valhalla feels off.  Cyberpunk just feels to intense, believable, alive. 

I'm maybe 6-7 hours in, and the missions have been intense as all hell.  That music kicks in during combat and you just get all amped up.  Playing on the hardest difficulty with Controller right now on PC.  My aim has been pretty terrible so I may need to fiddle with settings some more.  The gunplay is more than serviceable for a RPG like this.

Really impressed so far, and I have barely even begun.

The game is a total piece of shit on my PS4. Glitches, bugs, graphics, constant crashes, there's no excuse for this when there's nothing really going on in the game that demands a high powered system. GTA5 is similar in scale and runs great. Cyberpunk is an undercooked mess. 

I have some hope with CDPR given their support track record. But got damn...

8 hours ago, Ominous said:

I noticed performance had noticeable aliasing in 1440p. Quality has no such issue. 

Yup, you’re correct that performance DLSS will have some notable aliasing at 1440p, which is why I mentioned it for 4k specifically. :santasun:

8 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Try putting DLSS to performance instead of auto. There’s no real noticeable loss in quality with DLSS levels at 4k except for ultra-performance. 

I can't wait for the Xbox comparison particularly for the base Xbox. 

I cancelled my PS4 preorder despite having a PS5. I'm just going to wait for the current gen version with all the patches on disc already. There's plenty coming out and plenty I still haven't played from last gen.

I have a feeling I'll love the game because when I look past the really bad frame rate, it looks like a game that's a LOT of fun.

9 hours ago, atom631 said:

For XSX players - for the love of god, turn off HDR for this game. I took these screenshots after reading how HDR is totally fucked and low and behold (Also I shut off film grain). 

HDR on:

spacer.png

HDR off:

spacer.png

Are those images actually encoded with HDR?  Even if so, most web browsers wouldn't support viewing them with that color range.