Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

10 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

What you really need to do is upgrade that old-ass, low-res, 1440p monitor. Probably below 120hz too. :sick:

I have 2 1440p monitors, both Asus 144 Hz G-Sync screens, as well as a 4K monitor and 4K OLED TV.  The OLED is the oldest, almost 3 years old, but I need HDMI 2.1 to get it's shit sorted out. 

New TV + a 2.1 receiver would be nice, but it's mostly used for movies or TV so it only being 60 Hz isn't a big deal at this time.

12 minutes ago, Ominous said:

I have 2 1440p monitors, both Asus 144 Hz G-Sync screens, as well as a 4K monitor and 4K OLED TV.  The OLED is the oldest, almost 3 years old, but I need HDMI 2.1 to get it's shit sorted out. 

New TV + a 2.1 receiver would be nice, but it's mostly used for movies or TV so it only being 60 Hz isn't a big deal at this time.

Not even GSYNC HDR/Ultimate on those monitors???? Broski, what’s happened to you?

:p 

Seriously, though, hold off on a 2.1 receiver, there’s potentially an unfixable hardware-related issue on every single one (since they all use the same manufacturer for the HDMI-chip) that prevents HDMI 2.1 VRR from working with HDR at 4k.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Not even GSYNC HDR/Ultimate on those monitors???? Broski, what’s happened to you?

:p 

Seriously, though, hold off on a 2.1 receiver, there’s potentially an unfixable hardware-related issue on every single one (since they all use the same manufacturer for the HDMI-chip) that prevents HDMI 2.1 VRR from working with HDR at 4k.

Yea, I've gone through 3 or so receivers in the past few years to keep up with all the audio and video formats, not sure I want a 4th just yet.

18 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Yea, I've gone through 3 or so receivers in the past few years to keep up with all the audio and video formats, not sure I want a 4th just yet.

I’d definitely wait till at least the summer and ensure the VRR issue is fixed.

I saw Denon/Marantz made a statement the other day basically saying “it’s fine” and their tests show it working on PS5 and via GSYNC and that XSX could be the problem... except running VRR via GSYNC is limited to 60hz on their receivers, and PS5 doesn’t even have VRR enabled yet... so, they’re assclowns. :|

26 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I also have a 3900x and noticed an immediate improvement. FPS itself seemed pretty similar, but frame timings felt much better and things like driving at full speed resulted in dramatically fewer tiny streaming hiccups, if any. I didn't notice any after the patch. 

What is your game installed on? Mines on a nvme Samsung 970. I do think there is some improvement with the edit, but nothing really jarring was taking place before. 

1 minute ago, Ominous said:

What is your game installed on? Mines on a nvme Samsung 970. I do think there is some improvement with the edit, but nothing really jarring was taking place before. 

XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB nVME.

It wasn't jarring before, but I'd definitely notice little stutters here or there, mostly when driving or moving very quickly. Now I don't, or at least so far, haven't seen those. And I went out of my way to drive around the city on a few different saves to see.

Would be nice if I could get rid of the pop-in while driving, though. Weirdly enough only a few objects have obvious pop-in, but in some areas the road itself has pop-in (like, the ground in front of you) and that is really distracting.

Me to my friend: How are you enjoying the game on the base PS4?

Friend: It's amazing.

Me: How far into it are you, everything online claims it to be a mess.

Friend: Oh, I just made my character and started it.  I had to go to sleep after that.

Me: :|

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, vaxick said:

Friend: Oh, I just made my character and started it.  I had to go to sleep after that.

Nips, no nips choice is burdensome, can take it out of the best of us!  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, vaxick said:

This falls in line with most achievement stats when you see 50% of people who played the game only finished the first level. :p

18 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

This falls in line with most achievement stats when you see 50% of people who played the game only finished the first level. :p

Out of the blue he messaged me tonight with an update on Cyberpunk.  He said it kept crashing on him and the graphics are blurry.  He was also asking if I knew anything about Sony refunding purchases of the game.  

Also yes, it is absolutely nuts looking at trophy progression in games.  I get bailing on a game after a few hours if it's not resonating with you, but it's alarming how many people seem to get one trophy a matter of minutes into the game and never progress any further.  

2 hours ago, vaxick said:

Out of the blue he messaged me tonight with an update on Cyberpunk.  He said it kept crashing on him and the graphics are blurry.  He was also asking if I knew anything about Sony refunding purchases of the game.  

Also yes, it is absolutely nuts looking at trophy progression in games.  I get bailing on a game after a few hours if it's not resonating with you, but it's alarming how many people seem to get one trophy a matter of minutes into the game and never progress any further.  

They got what they came for, massive dongs.

8 hours ago, vaxick said:

They got a trophy, that meanss they won and it’s over. 

I think I'm going to stop playing this and just wait next year for the upgrade next-generation. Sucks because the story has me interested but there are too many bugs and performance issues. The AI is pretty fucking brain dead, too. 

Those playing on high end machines...enjoy! Looking past the bugs which will eventually be ironed out the game is cool as hell and looks phenomenal on high end machines. 

I'm going back to assassin's creed valhalla.

15 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I think I'm going to stop playing this and just wait next year for the upgrade next-generation. Sucks because the story has me interested but there are too many bugs and performance issues. The AI is pretty fucking brain dead, too. 

Those playing on high end machines...enjoy! Looking past the bugs which will eventually be ironed out the game is cool as hell and looks phenomenal on high end machines. 

Luke Skywalker GIF by Star Wars

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I think this is the right call. The game is amazing, but they've really bungled the last gen console release and that will greatly taint the experience.

I had a theory that CDPR had been dipping their toes into the console space with The Witcher 2 and 3 and I had never seen them but I guess "playable" by console user standards, and then they really tested the waters when they brought The Witcher 3 to Switch, no one complained so they figured they could bring a witcher 3 switch experience to slightly more powerful consoles with a game that is only meant to run on state of the art hardware. So far, it has been met with mixed reactions. Overall I don't think it will hurt them in the long run.

But at least they are being honest with the patch. If you followed HZD on the PC it's taken them 4 months and they still haven't ironed out all the kinks. Good luck my console brothers! :peace: