Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

I feel like maybe the performance is a little better for me post patch, like just a couple fps, not to the extent I need for ultra dlss 4k60, need to gain like 8fps to get it at a good level, and I just don’t think that’s possible on this cpu.

Even with driver and game patches I probably won't hit 60+ FPS until the next gen of cards.

Supposedly dropping cascading shadows to low gives a huge performance boost, and if you’re using RTX shadows there’s almost no visual impact. I haven’t tried this yet, but my friend with a 3070 told me it gave him a 30%+ boost. I also heard dropping volumetric fog to high from ultra gives a big boost with little visual difference.

1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

My resolution is 5120 by 1440p. In fairness my sample size is small I tended to shy away from most games at that res with just a 5700XT. World of Warships went to 77FPS average from 68. That 11FPS uplift came from Squad, Post Scriptum, and Beyond the Wire. 

Been expanding now that I have the 6800XT. I did watch a video on a 5800x vs 6800k and it shows about 10 FPS uplift depending on the game. I got a way bigger boost going from the 5700XT to the 6800XT but the processor did help. I currently get about 36-39FPS in Cyberpunk but I am still in the early phases.

I think that game is the exception and not the rule. There’s almost no difference between something like an OC’d 2700k vs a 10900k in most games at 4k (or 1440p ultrawide). I gained exactly 0fps on gaming going from a 3700k to a 5960x :p 

Alright, really starting to enjoy the combat. Was enjoying the game with a gamepad just fine as it seems like it was built with gamepad in mind, but since I'm on the hardest difficulty, the first real boss battle (not the one at the very beginning) was annihilating me. So I swapped to KBM and turned off all that weird acceleration shit, and boy is the combat a LOT more fun and reactive now!

40 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Alright, really starting to enjoy the combat. Was enjoying the game with a gamepad just fine as it seems like it was built with gamepad in mind, but since I'm on the hardest difficulty, the first real boss battle (not the one at the very beginning) was annihilating me. So I swapped to KBM and turned off all that weird acceleration shit, and boy is the combat a LOT more fun and reactive now!

I started on Controller as well, but was really struggling with nailing shots consistently enough, and I consider myself pretty decent at shooters on controller.  Tonight I switched it up to M/KB and the controls, other than for driving, just felt much nicer so far.  I didn't really do much combat as I was knocking out some side quest stuff and exploring, but I think I'll fare much better with this setup.

19 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I started on Controller as well, but was really struggling with nailing shots consistently enough, and I consider myself pretty decent at shooters on controller.  Tonight I switched it up to M/KB and the controls, other than for driving, just felt much nicer so far.  I didn't really do much combat as I was knocking out some side quest stuff and exploring, but I think I'll fare much better with this setup.

I think the aim-assist is completely broken.

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

So was there a new patch after the d1p patch? If so, what does it do?

Look at the link that was posted it has patch notes, but since I'm the guy who posts them all the time what the heck I'll do you a solid

Spoiler

New hotfix to Cyberpunk 2077 is now live on PlayStation consoles and PC. For Xbox systems, we are working to have the update out as soon as possible. Here is the list of changes:

Quests

• Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
  • Fixed an issue with starting conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime.
  • Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way.
  • Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.
  • Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left.
  • Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals.
  • Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.
  • Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M'ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.
  • Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.
  • Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.
  • Fixed an issue with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.
  • Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River.
  • Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love.
  • Fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.
  • Other quest fixes

Gameplay

• Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.

Visual

• Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.
  • Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle.
  • Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.

Performance & Stability

• Improved stability, including various crash fixes.

Miscellaneous

• Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.
  • Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with "Disable Copyrighted Music" feature toggled on.

PC-specific

• Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.

Console-specific

• Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect.
  • Fixed “The Wasteland” achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox.
  • Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in Americas.

• Thanks 1

Watching the wife play with the 1.04 patch - it has parity with pretty much all other big releases performance and looks wise (I’m not a technical snob, but I didn’t see anything that rendered the game awful). I don’t think she’s got a car yet though so that’s the next test...

So apparently Xbox did get the new patch. When I booted up my console it automatically started dl a 15gb update. 

I'm going to stick with it and beat it even though I know I'll end up replaying it on ps5 with the patch. It's running ok enough for me to enjoy the game. The visuals are pretty nice, too.

20 hours ago, SimpleG said:

CDPR can get fucked.

Bro what? Did you read that? It said the Executives REMOVED the 90% meta score requirement and will give their employees bonuses regardless, this was a good thing that they did.

In the email, studio head Adam Badowski said it was his and the board's responsibility for Cyberpunk 2077's messy launch. “We underestimated the lengths and complexity involved to make this a reality, and still you did everything you could to deliver an ambitious, special game.”

They're also definitely not the only ones who use a metascore incentive system, I agree it's a pretty scummy practice but it's pretty standard in the industry.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

might help some of yallz with amd

I notice my frame times seem significantly better immediately after applying this patch. Also I didn't know it was that easy to use a hex editor to make a change. Granted, someone else did all the hard work initially, but I didn't expect it to be a ctrl+F copy-paste job that took less than 10 seconds. I feel like normal .ini changes often take me way longer.

8 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

Bro what? Did you read that? It said the Executives REMOVED the 90% meta score requirement and will give bonuses regardless.

Bro I did and I am not gonna cheer for them for NOT doing a shitty act. They didnt decide to remove it because of some altruistic break thru , they removed it because they were eating shit due to enforced crunch and knew the PR backlash would bite them in the ass even worse if they didnt.

17 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

They're also definitely not the only ones who use a metascore incentive system, I agree it's pretty scummy but it's pretty standard in the industry.

Who gives a shit if the standard, its a bad policy that needs to be removed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Bro I did and I am not gonna cheer for them for NOT doing a shitty act. They didnt decide to remove it because of some altruistic break thru , they removed it because they were eating shit due to enforced crunch and knew the PR backlash would bite them in the ass even worse if they didnt.

Who gives a shit if the standard, its a bad policy that needs to be removed. 

lol OK buddy. 

Who gives a shit if they did it because they were feeling pressured, the employees benefited. See how that works? Nice double-standards you got going on.

2 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

lol OK buddy. 

Who gives a shit if they did it because they were feeling pressured, the employees benefited. See how that works? Nice double-standards you got going on.

Listen friendo the employees getting the bonus is fantastic. But having your employees work under a shitty premise for a bonus for many years and then removing that premise doesnt absolve them for years of shitty practice.