Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So she DID play it?

Reading the review, then watching 2 minutes of that video, it seems like someone is pissed that she didn’t fully explore every single facet of a massive game that she had to rush through for review purposes. And she’s honest about what she did and didn’t do in the game (like ignoring an item crafting system), which seems fair to me. 

I don’t really read game reviews any more, but it didn’t really seem out of line. 

For what it's worth, TheQuartering is a piece of shit who I'd happily punch in the throat. He's a whiny fucking crybaby playing the victim while simultaneously playing the aggressor on everything. He's the prototypical shithead gamer and I can't fucking stand his face. Goddamn neckbeard.

4 minutes ago, legend said:

The only thing reviewers should be raked over the coals for is rating RDR2 as one of the best games of all time.

It's kind of a bummer that all the massive games that have come out in the last few years have been disappointing to controversial. RDR2, TLOU2, Death Stranding, and now Cyberpunk. I could be forgetting some games, but it feels like the Witcher 3 was actually the last time a huge AAA game released and blew everyone's nuts off.

6 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Welp, I looked up TheQuarterling and he pretty much looked exactly like I expected.

Never once have I looked one of these clowns up and been disappointed.

2 minutes ago, Moa said:

It's kind of a bummer that all the massive games that have come out in the last few years have been disappointing to controversial. RDR2, TLOU2, Death Stranding, and now Cyberpunk. I could be forgetting some games, but it feels like the Witcher 3 was actually the last time a huge AAA game released and blew everyone's nuts off.

For the public in general, that may be true, but I've played plenty of games that blew my nuts off (RDR2 aside), so speaking for me personally, I'm pretty happy with gaming as it is :p 

6 minutes ago, Moa said:

Hmm, God of War, Breath of the Wild, Spiderman?

5 minutes ago, legend said:

For the public in general, that may be true, but I've played plenty of games that blew my nuts off (RDR2 aside), so speaking for me personally, I'm pretty happy with gaming as it is :p 

I'm mostly talking about in the AAAA tier budget/hype sector. A ton of nut blowing games have come out in the last few years, it just seems like the largest and most ambitious projects are repeatedly falling short of expectations.

Just now, Amazatron said:

Hmm, God of War, Breath of the Wild, Spiderman?

I think with the exception of BotW those games didn't quite reach the level of anticipation as the ones I mentioned, although I don't own a PS4 so wasn't following those games super closely prior to release. God of War definitely blew people away, but from my recollection a lot of people were surprised at how good it ended up being.

1 hour ago, Moa said:

Never once have I looked one of these clowns up and been disappointed.

People shat on The Witcher 3 too. I lost count of how many "Teh Combat sux cuzit doesn't play like Dark Souls" posts I remember seeing, a lot on this very board. I think RDR2 and TLOU2 are pretty well regarded for the most part despite a very vocal group of contrarians. Especially TLOU2.

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

People shat on The Witcher 3 too. I lost count of how many "Teh Combat sux cuzit doesn't play like Dark Souls" posts I remember seeing, a lot on this very board. I think RDR2 and TLOU2 are pretty well regarded for the most part despite a very vocal group of contrarians. Especially TLOU2.

I'm talking more about the tenor of the discussions, while plenty of people didn't like aspects of TW3, there wasn't anything resembling "controversy" surrounding the game at release.

So I’m playing RN and at the character select screen. I chose a male V and right at the top you can chose the voice tone from male or female. And there is a message that lets you know what pronouns V will be referred to as. 

what’s the problem with this? 

1 minute ago, atom631 said:

So I’m playing RN and at the character select screen. I chose a male V and right at the top you can chose the voice tone from male or female. And there is a message that lets you know what pronouns V will be referred to as. 

what’s the problem with this? 

I think the issue is that you can’t mix. So a male voice gets you male pronouns but you can’t get a male voice and be referred to as her.

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

The future is hard people!

Cyberpunk 2077 NVIDIA GeForce RTX Official PC Performance benchmarks With Ray Tracing & DLSS on RTX 3090, RTX 3080, RTX 3070, RTX 3060 Ti _ 4K

Cyberpunk-2077-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-Offici
WCCFTECH.COM

NVIDIA has posted its official PC performance benchmarks for Cyberpunk 2077 running on GeForce RTX GPUs with raytracing RTX and DLSS enabled.

welp i guess I will play this on some PC I build in 2025

Ok, guys. Need your input.

I'm extremely tempted to start Cyberpunk tomorrow. I scheduled off 2 days for this game months ago. But with me being in the middle of Assassins Creed Valhalla and the technical issues Cyberpunk has I may wait. I'd rather beat Valhalla and in the mean time have Cyberpunk patched up before I play it. Not sure what I'll do. Any ideas what the major patch does for Xbox one x on launch day?

I am so tempted to start Cyberpunk tomorrow and binge for 2 days.

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

I think the issue is that you can’t mix. So a male voice gets you male pronouns but you can’t get a male voice and be referred to as her.

so if I understand what you're saying - a trans man may have  (or want ) a female voice and still be referred to as her? 

If so, I had no idea this was a thing tbh. I always assumed a trans man would want to be called a man. 

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Ok, guys. Need your input.

I'm extremely tempted to start Cyberpunk tomorrow. I scheduled off 2 days for this game months ago. But with me being in the middle of Assassins Creed Valhalla and the technical issues Cyberpunk has I may wait. I'd rather beat Valhalla and in the mean time have Cyberpunk patched up before I play it. Not sure what I'll do. Any ideas what the major patch does for Xbox one x on launch day?

I am so tempted to start Cyberpunk tomorrow and binge for 2 days.

I just played an hour of it on my XSX. I came across zero bugs so far. It loads lightning fast, looks amazing...but the hacking/stealth gameplay is a little wonky and will take some getting used to. 

If you're enjoying Valhalla as much as you seem to be....I would say try to finish it first. HOWEVER - there is no reason why you can't set aside an hour or 2 to check Cyberpunk without fully diving in. So far, in this first hour Im still technically on the first mission. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, atom631 said:

so if I understand what you're saying - a trans man may have  (or want ) a female voice and still be referred to as her? 

If so, I had no idea this was a thing tbh. I always assumed a trans man would want to be called a man. 

Voices are a sometimes sensitive subject in the community. Here's what literally 2 seconds on Google gets me.

03_SOV_Teaser_0.jpg
HMS.HARVARD.EDU

Voice and speech therapy can help transform identity and aid in gender affirmation

If CDPR were a small indie dev team, nobody would really care. The issue is they aren't. They pull in like $500m/yr. That's some $500k per employee.  For years now people have been telling them they need to be sensitive about they're portrayal of trans people after they started marketing the game with a trans stereotype. This is at the character creation stage. That means they didn't listen to anyone here. They didn't hire a single person to check for LGBTQ sensitivity over the years people have been asking them to. How do we know that? Because this would have been caught since it's literally on the character creation screen at the start of the game.

CDPR is not a huge company -- their total revenue in their last fiscal year was $521 million PLN -- or about US$140 million (which was ~44% more than the previous year). [Which is roughly 2% of what Activision brought in.]  Clearly this fiscal year, with the launch of Cyberpunk, they would be expecting more.

After playing through the Witcher series this year, I don't understand why anyone would think CDPR's storytelling style would lead to a nuanced non-hyper-sexualized version of anything.  

Edit:

How many open world games let you pick the pronouns that are used throughout the game towards you?  I have never played one that did.

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

CDPR is not a huge company -- their total revenue in their last fiscal year was $521 million PLN -- or about US$140 million (which was ~44% more than the previous year). [Which is roughly 2% of what Activision brought in.]  Clearly this fiscal year, with the launch of Cyberpunk, they would be expecting more.

After playing through the Witcher series this year, I don't understand why anyone would think CDPR's storytelling style would lead to a nuanced non-hyper-sexualized version of anything.  

I had the dollar amounts wrong, but they're still the largest game publisher/developer in Europe, ahead of Ubisoft. They're worth $8b+ USD.

witcher-xbox-moneybags.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

Remarkable growth continues as The Witcher 3 celebrates its fifth birthday…

14 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Voices are a sometimes sensitive subject in the community. Here's what literally 2 seconds on Google gets me.

03_SOV_Teaser_0.jpg
HMS.HARVARD.EDU

Voice and speech therapy can help transform identity and aid in gender affirmation

If CDPR were a small indie dev team, nobody would really care. The issue is they aren't. They pull in like $500m/yr. That's some $500k per employee.  For years now people have been telling them they need to be sensitive about they're portrayal of trans people after they started marketing the game with a trans stereotype. This is at the character creation stage. That means they didn't listen to anyone here. They didn't hire a single person to check for LGBTQ sensitivity over the years people have been asking them to. How do we know that? Because this would have been caught since it's literally on the character creation screen at the start of the game.

im not sure if youre trying to be snarky saying this is what a 2 second search yielded, but i read the whole article and it  basically states that changing one's voice is difficult and a major cause of dysphoria in trans people bc they dont sound like their gender.  this kinda re-affirms my notion that a trans man would want to be called a trans man, even if their voice is feminine. 

12 minutes ago, atom631 said:

im not sure if youre trying to be snarky saying this is what a 2 second search yielded, but i read the whole article and it  basically states that changing one's voice is difficult and a major cause of dysphoria in trans people bc they dont sound like their gender.  this kinda re-affirms my notion that a trans man would want to be called a trans man, even if their voice is feminine. 

I'm being snarky to CDPR, not you. CDPR was warned their portrayal of trans persons could be problematic and they failed to even look into those charges. Like I said. We know they failed to even think about it because it would have been caught literally seconds into the game.

4 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

The future is hard people!

Cyberpunk 2077 NVIDIA GeForce RTX Official PC Performance benchmarks With Ray Tracing & DLSS on RTX 3090, RTX 3080, RTX 3070, RTX 3060 Ti _ 4K

Cyberpunk-2077-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-Offici
WCCFTECH.COM

NVIDIA has posted its official PC performance benchmarks for Cyberpunk 2077 running on GeForce RTX GPUs with raytracing RTX and DLSS enabled.

:feelsgood:

now only if could find any fucking zen 3s in stock so i can build my system and throw my 3080 ftw ultra at this for 1440p goodness

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I can't believe this game is going to be running around 30fps for me. I've got a water-cooled 3900x, 32GB of RAM OCed to 4Ghz, and a 2080TI. I wonder how much of that is bad optimization versus the max settings for this game being so ahead of the curve.

is this before day1 patch?  i was seeing that the pre-release copies people had, had some shitty drm that was causing a lot of bugs and stuff people were experiencing?

1 minute ago, Firewithin said:

is this before day1 patch?  i was seeing that the pre-release copies people had, had some shitty drm that was causing a lot of bugs and stuff people were experiencing?

Yes. I don't think anything posted by anyone includes the patches dropping tomorrow. It's part of the reason CDPR isn't allowing video reviews of the game. Everything is going off the day zero patches unless nvidia has access to updates reviewers don't.

22 hours ago, atom631 said:

i think that's a tough comparison. i played through the new COD campaign. I think it was about 5hrs long. Thats a big difference than a RPG with 100+hrs of content. 

When compared to other RPGs- are there any others right now that allow you to be a trandgender character? 

it might be a lazy implementation - but im not sure i can get on the side of boycotting them over it. as i said above, it seems that if they can patch in the ability to select your voice track, it seems like it might solve a chunk of the issue. 

You can select your voice track. They are mad gender is tied to voice. 

Trans people have a right to feel however they want about the way they are represented. But one dev has talked about what they want being pretty much impossible without long delays and recording multiple voice tracks with the same people, in every language, multiple times to change it. They literally tried their best and got shit on for it. 

The chromaticore complaint is another one I don’t agree with. Yes the ad is exploitative, thats the point of cyberpunk, these companies exploit people of every shape, size, gender and race. But at the same time, I’d never tell a trans person how to feel because I can’t even imagine how hard their lives are already. I’m definitely playing it, but the people throwing it in their faces, especially on Era, where its supposed to be a safe space before a game forum, is a real scumbag move.