Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

8 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

that looks like a graphical glitch. as I mentioned earlier, I played for about an hour on my XSX and it looked pretty amazing. nothing like that at all and the load times were lightning fast. I know they mention PS4/Xone.... but i mean that seems insanely low quality for it to be purposeful. 

Did anyone believe the base ps4/X1 version wouldn’t be 720p most of the time? Its 8 year old hardware that wasn’t exactly current when it released, let alone in 2020. 

did people think ps4 would be 1080p/30? It can barely play an on rails game like FF7R at that. I don’t even know if the base console ran FF7R at that high of a resolution. This is a huge open world with tons of lights and buildings, and interactive events everywhere.

Hell, I think the base model still barely runs Witcher 3. I had bought it for a couple of bucks to try it on console in 2018, it was unplayable. 

This never should have been released for last generation. That or have very clear and concise “Only Works on PS4 Pro, base PS4 not supported” as the very first words on every box, ad and sales site. But Sony probably wouldn’t allow  that.

Either way, im just moving my PC to the living room for a while. If I love it, maybe ill do a second play through when the next gen version drops just to compare it to my 2080. 

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Sorry if this was asked already. Can you dl the game now? If not, I'll wake up early in the morning and dl it. I decided I'm going fully in Cyberpunk tomorrow. 

you can play it now on xbox by setting your region to New Zealand. Thats how I played and will be playing tonight. 

• Thanks 1

So I tried to capture a screenshot but I think it won’t allow me to share it technically until tomorrow. So this is a snapshot from my iPhone of a screenshot on my XSX of that one intersection in the game that was shown a lot. As with most games, def not even close to those videos we saw. The more I play, the less I’m impressed with the visuals. The very first area was really amazing looking but the open world is just kinda on par with current games. This is quality mode too. I’m sure it will look much better on PC and perhaps it is worth waiting for the next-gen patch. I dunno. spacer.png

13 minutes ago, atom631 said:

So I tried to capture a screenshot but I think it won’t allow me to share it technically until tomorrow. So this is a snapshot from my iPhone of a screenshot on my XSX of that one intersection in the game that was shown a lot. As with most games, def not even close to those videos we saw. The more I play, the less I’m impressed with the visuals. The very first area was really amazing looking but the open world is just kinda on par with current games. This is quality mode too. I’m sure it will look much better on PC and perhaps it is worth waiting for the next-gen patch. I dunno. spacer.png

That's damn pretty though.

5 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

That's damn pretty though.

Yeah. Don’t get me wrong - game is pretty for sure, it’s just not Wowing me like I expected. Maybe bc I’ve been playing Valhalla and that game can look amazing at times. I’m sure when this game gets the next-gen patch it’s going to do wonders for it. 

3 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Yeah. Don’t get me wrong - game is pretty for sure, it’s just not Wowing me like I expected. Maybe bc I’ve been playing Valhalla and that game can look amazing at times. I’m sure when this game gets the next-gen patch it’s going to do wonders for it. 

I'm sure it will look amazingly better with that patch but I'm going to be playing on a base PS4 so I need to be overly positive!

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I dunno man. No matter how overworked I've ever been, I never put hairspray in a toaster or nailed my thumb into a board or whatever. No one from concept to QA ever once said "oi, bruv (Poles say bruv right?), what's wiff dis strobe light machine? Yous boys on the mollywacker again?" Usually with rushed games you get bad level design, not murder machines.

Maybe they put the strobe in to stay awake and forgot to remove it

2 hours ago, atom631 said:

That's what I'm waiting for. Won't play the game until it's been Series X optimized 

I’m about 4hrs in. Haven’t done any side missions yet. I’ve come across one bug. However, it was game breaking and I had to reload to a previous save. Luckily I only lost about 5 minutes of gameplay. I got stuck on piece of the environment under a machine you can hack to raise it to draw attention. Couldn’t move and all i could do was lower it, killing myself. And the game would reload me in the exact spot. Save often!! 

im playing on hard right now and not finding it overtly difficult. A few deaths here and there, but if you mix up all the tools at your disposal it’s pretty fun and easy to clear a room full of enemies. Im finding the interior very dark and sometimes makes combat difficult. I really have NFI a what the HDR settings mean or do and they don’t seem to make a significant impact. I don’t see a stand-alone brightness setting either. 

I came across the part with the strobes and I can definitely see it being a trigger for someone with epilepsy. However, there is absolutely no way it was intentional.  The strobes make sense for that part of the story, so it was just a dumb oversight. 

At this point, I’m about to start another main story mission, so before I do that, I’m gonna take a few side missions to see how they flesh out the world. This is one of my gripes though - side missions come at you in weird ways and sometimes I was mistaking triggering a side mission for reading some of the in-game lore. They just kinda inadvertently fall into your lap. 

overall I’m really enjoying it. The voice acting and characters are great. The Audio and music is awesome. Game looks great and I can only imagine it looking amazing on PC with RT turned on. So much neon everywhere! It does make me wish I had the willpower to wait until the next-gen patch comes out (or upgraded my PC for this game). 

• Thanks 1