Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So... are we gonna actually discuss the game in this thread or should I start a separate one that just discusses gameplay and leave the tech talk here?

I have about 10hrs in now, so I feel pretty good about giving my impression of the game based on what ive played so far. Ill start with I am in complete disagreement with @BloodyHell that this game is incredible. I would say overall the game is OK-Good at best. I would say 7.5/10. bugs/graphics aside, here are my issues: 

• the NPC are lifless drones. At some point, CDPR touted that the NPC were going to all have purpose and 1000s of varying interactions to some effect. They dont. They are awful boring and repetitive. THey are on a walking loop basically and all you can do is say hi to them and they will spit out the same redundant answer over and over again.

• The random events in the world are awful. You roll up to a "assualt in progress" and the assailant is just standing there with a gun to an NPC........and most of the time, nothing seems to ever happen. Occasionally you can come across something "in progress" where it feels like a scripted gunfight that you're suddenly just thrown into if you get too close. Even after you finish a world event like that, the NPC will just stay crouched down or with their hands up, never acknowledging you saved them. To add to that, any NPCs that are near the world event that hear or see the gunfight go down, will run and duck and then never recover from that position once its over. Lifeless. 

• The only thing that really matters is DPS with the guns. At least at this point. Theres really nothing yet that has any sort of spec build on it. Maybe some fire/electrical DOTs but its not unique enough to want to spec a build for something like that. And theres really only a few types of guns in the game to boot. Im sure more get introduced later on (i hope) but i have my doubts that they will possess any sort of unique abilities. Even if they do, after you spec'd your build its not easy to go back and change  it (a la Valhalla). I came across a vendor that sold a respec but it was like 100,000 eddies. 

• Armor at this point is basically the same. Some do seem to come with extra perks, but its few and far between and all that really matters is the armor rating. Same issue with guns, i dont see a path to a spec build (like the witcher gearsets - but im really hoping im wrong). And with no transmog, my character looks fucking ridiculous all the time because for whatever reason they thought t-shirts and pants should have an armor rating instead just being a cosmetic. 

• Crafting thus far is useless and expensive. Its also very random and Im finding higher DPS guns in the world just playing that i get when i craft. Too be fair, i havent even tried to craft anything else except a few pistols and sniper rifle. So no idea really how armor or cyberware crafting will work. i also dont think i found any blueprints for that stuff yet anyway. 

• I absolutely hate how side missions arbitrarily fall into your lap via phone calls or texts. and from what i can tell, even if you dont respond or pick up, they still go into your side mission list. i would rather be able to go get side missions when i choose.  and so far - i havent really gotten any meaningful missions - gun for hire, go track down ai cars that are acting wonky, go box these people... there is no depth to them - but all the reviews said the side stuff really makes the game shine - so i dont know if maybe im not far enough in or im missing something? i do see on the map a bunch of question marks that arent tied to a mission in my journal. perhaps they will trigger a true mission with his depth? 

• in combat it really feels like this game was catered to PC (i think every aspect was at this point) but its difficult to be in the middle of a gun fight and try to also incoropate cyberattacks at the same time. i works, but its not fluid and really breaks up the immersion and flow of a fight by have to pause  -> scan -> select -> wait for it work. it works well for stealth play though. so i wind up just trying to setup the area first, then engage guns blazing basically. 

• Enemy AI while fighting is dumb. they either take cover or rush you. thats it, they dont try to flank or use the envirionment or do any sort of coordinated attack.. after a bunch of fights its pretty predictable as to what is going to happen. this why hard difficulty isnt that hard. just keep your distance and youll be fine.  

So thats a really big list of negatives, i know. and youre wondering why im even playing.... well a few things

• as @Xbob42 mentioned -the exploration and vertically of it is really fun, im enjoy that aspect for sure

• Now that i have the graphics ironed out as best as i can, its a really good looking games at times and each of the areas do feel a bit unique (if not lifeless though)

• and the biggest thing for me rn is im intrigued by the story. i like where its heading and im interested in continuing it. im hoping it keeps my interest, 

1 minute ago, atom631 said:

I have about 10hrs in now, so I feel pretty good about giving my impression of the game based on what ive played so far. Ill start with I am in complete disagreement with @BloodyHell that this game is incredible. I would say overall the game is OK-Good at best. I would say 7.5/10. bugs/graphics aside, here are my issues: 

• the NPC are lifless drones. At some point, CDPR touted that the NPC were going to all have purpose and 1000s of varying interactions to some effect. They dont. They are awful boring and repetitive. THey are on a walking loop basically and all you can do is say hi to them and they will spit out the same redundant answer over and over again.

• The random events in the world are awful. You roll up to a "assualt in progress" and the assailant is just standing there with a gun to an NPC........and most of the time, nothing seems to ever happen. Occasionally you can come across something "in progress" where it feels like a scripted gunfight that you're suddenly just thrown into if you get too close. Even after you finish a world event like that, the NPC will just stay crouched down or with their hands up, never acknowledging you saved them. To add to that, any NPCs that are near the world event that hear or see the gunfight go down, will run and duck and then never recover from that position once its over. Lifeless. 

• The only thing that really matters is DPS with the guns. At least at this point. Theres really nothing yet that has any sort of spec build on it. Maybe some fire/electrical DOTs but its not unique enough to want to spec a build for something like that. And theres really only a few types of guns in the game to boot. Im sure more get introduced later on (i hope) but i have my doubts that they will possess any sort of unique abilities. Even if they do, after you spec'd your build its not easy to go back and change  it (a la Valhalla). I came across a vendor that sold a respec but it was like 100,000 eddies. 

• Armor at this point is basically the same. Some do seem to come with extra perks, but its few and far between and all that really matters is the armor rating. Same issue with guns, i dont see a path to a spec build (like the witcher gearsets - but im really hoping im wrong). And with no transmog, my character looks fucking ridiculous all the time because for whatever reason they thought t-shirts and pants should have an armor rating instead just being a cosmetic. 

• Crafting thus far is useless and expensive. Its also very random and Im finding higher DPS guns in the world just playing that i get when i craft. Too be fair, i havent even tried to craft anything else except a few pistols and sniper rifle. So no idea really how armor or cyberware crafting will work. i also dont think i found any blueprints for that stuff yet anyway. 

• I absolutely hate how side missions arbitrarily fall into your lap via phone calls or texts. and from what i can tell, even if you dont respond or pick up, they still go into your side mission list. i would rather be able to go get side missions when i choose.  and so far - i havent really gotten any meaningful missions - gun for hire, go track down ai cars that are acting wonky, go box these people... there is no depth to them - but all the reviews said the side stuff really makes the game shine - so i dont know if maybe im not far enough in or im missing something? i do see on the map a bunch of question marks that arent tied to a mission in my journal. perhaps they will trigger a true mission with his depth? 

• in combat it really feels like this game was catered to PC (i think every aspect was at this point) but its difficult to be in the middle of a gun fight and try to also incoropate cyberattacks at the same time. i works, but its not fluid and really breaks up the immersion and flow of a fight by have to pause  -> scan -> select -> wait for it work. it works well for stealth play though. so i wind up just trying to setup the area first, then engage guns blazing basically. 

• Enemy AI while fighting is dumb. they either take cover or rush you. thats it, they dont try to flank or use the envirionment or do any sort of coordinated attack.. after a bunch of fights its pretty predictable as to what is going to happen. this why hard difficulty isnt that hard. just keep your distance and youll be fine.  

So thats a really big list of negatives, i know. and youre wondering why im even playing.... well a few things

• as @Xbob42 mentioned -the exploration and vertically of it is really fun, im enjoy that aspect for sure

• Now that i have the graphics ironed out as best as i can, its a really good looking games at times and each of the areas do feel a bit unique (if not lifeless though)

• and the biggest thing for me rn is im intrigued by the story. i like where its heading and im interested in continuing it. im hoping it keeps my interest, 

Lol I started another thread.

2 minutes ago, atom631 said:

GOD DAMNIT! 

i think we should keep it all in one thread tho TBH. 

@Commissar SFLUFAN if you decide two threads are justified, please copy my last post to the gameplay discussion thread. ty sir. 

I'll bow to the will of the mods, but like I said. These threads just become bogged down with tech talk that bores me to fuckin tears. Nobody talks about the actual game and people that would want to, don't bother to post.

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'll bow to the will of the mods, but like I said. These threads just become bogged down with tech talk that bores me to fuckin tears. Nobody talks about the actual game and people that would want to, don't bother to post.

I don't see why they can't co-exist.  Those who are playing it are talking about both in this thread. 

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

In total agreement with this. I couldn’t give 2 fucks about how the game runs as it runs fine for me. Also tech talks on this board turn into a shit show damn near every time and I don’t want to rummage thru pages of posts that often time amount to nothing.

15 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Think I found a game that is gonna make me upgrade sooner lol, my 4790k at 4.6GHz is surely hindering my 2060 a bit, performance is really decent though at high settings with ray tracing and DLSS on at 1080p. I'm sure a new Ryzen chip would do wonders for me, hoping a future patch will increase the performance.

I got about an 11FPS uplift going from a 6700K at 4.6Ghz to the 5800x stock. It should be a worthwhile upgrade. 

The PCIE4.0 NV.ME brought a huge boost as well.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:
e0abe12f4ee8ddea0a40f95e09de25a963c5c016
WWW.CYBERPUNK.NET

New hotfix to Cyberpunk 2077 is now live on PlayStation consoles and PC. For Xbox systems, we are working to have the update out as soon as possible.

Even better than the 15th!  I hope this really helps the people with last-gen consoles. 

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Wait, what? What games gave you that type of boost? What resolution?

My resolution is 5120 by 1440p. In fairness my sample size is small I tended to shy away from most games at that res with just a 5700XT. World of Warships went to 77FPS average from 68. That 11FPS uplift came from Squad, Post Scriptum, and Beyond the Wire. 

Been expanding now that I have the 6800XT. I did watch a video on a 5800x vs 6800k and it shows about 10 FPS uplift depending on the game. I got a way bigger boost going from the 5700XT to the 6800XT but the processor did help. I currently get about 36-39FPS in Cyberpunk but I am still in the early phases.

Actually, I’m not really sure what’s going on, now it says it’s installing and that I have 272 days left. It was weird on the initial install too with it not saying what it was doing and just chilling in download mode.

I don’t know how they managed to make the steam download/installing process glitchy also but kudos to the mad genius behind that.

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@stepee besides the technical stuff what are your thoughts on it?

I’ve only messed with it to see how I want the settings and to look at it a bit so idk. Right now I’m hooked hard on fenyx rising so I’ll probably have to finish that before I really get into it. I’ll at least mess around a bit post prologue this weekend tho.