Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

Just now, Mr.Vic20 said:

4K/Ultra Setting on PC = At best You've witnessed nothing better (artistic/subject matter preferences aside) and at worst on par with Sony First party offerings. Very impressed! :celebrate:

It does looks glorious. I did like 3 min of the beginning. I need to find the fps counter for Galaxy. 

lol @ anyone who saw several years of 30 FPS PC footage, no console pre-launch footage or review copies, and legit expected anything but this incredible shitshow on the old consoles. I mean, it's a shitshow in terms of bugs everywhere, but the clay people and textureless buildings are just beautiful.

8 minutes ago, silentbob said:

My internet decided to take a giant shit and is only now slowly downloading my PC copy I was gratefully given by our supreme @Commissar SFLUFAN back in July. Hopefully I can get it downloaded in time to give it a shot tonight

I bought it on GOG to give them more money and because I figured steam's servers would be under siege.

32 minutes ago, best3444 said:

3 hours in and it's struggling on the Xbox one x. Driving in the city is pretty bad. A lot is thrown at you at once. I'm still playing now. Overall, I'm not impressed. 

wow, I want this game bad but sadly like so many things lately it'll have to wait. Surprised to hear its struggling that bad on series x I really am. I was hoping maybe 144p ultra settings on, ray tracing off, maybe DLSS on on my 2080ti would be a good option, maybe not now...

1 minute ago, HardAct said:

wow, I want this game bad but sadly like so many things lately it'll have to wait. Surprised to hear its struggling that bad on series x I really am. I was hoping maybe 144p ultra settings on, ray tracing off, maybe DLSS on on my 2080ti would be a good option, maybe not now...

DLSS should work. I need get deeper in the game to see how it runs at super ultrawide 1440p.

12 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Well to be clear, I'm playing on the Xbox one x not the xsx. It runs much better at night time. Still, the framerare struggles in fights and I'm seeing bugs. Floating cars etc.

3 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

4K/Ultra Setting on PC = At best You've witnessed nothing better (artistic/subject matter preferences aside) and at worst on par with Sony First party offerings. Very impressed! :celebrate:

What sort of FPS are you getting? I'm running 4K HDR/Ultra and getting about 45fps when I step out into that downtown area right outside V's apt during the day (where you sit down to have lunch).

My specs are:

i7 4770K @4Ghz

RTX 3090

32GB DDR3

Samsung 960 Pro NVMe SSD (game drive)

RTX on + DLSS on Auto/Performance. If I disable RTX I get about 65-70 in the same area. Does that seem right?

6 minutes ago, morph89 said:

What sort of FPS are you getting? I'm running 4K HDR/Ultra and getting about 45fps when I step out into that downtown area right outside V's apt during the day (where you sit down to have lunch).

My specs are:

i7 4770K @4Ghz

RTX 3090

32GB DDR3

RTX on + DLSS on Auto/Performance. If I disable RTX I get about 65-70 in the same area. Does that seem right?

Sound right. I am presently averaging 36FPS. Not sure how more demanding areas will run. Probably be sub 30s in that case. Got to the combat tutorial but I need to log in since lunch is over. 

9 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

At least there’s a free upgrade - from a PS4 base owner.

Yup, and CDPR will continue to release a bunch of free stuff and improvements after that too. They are historically very good about making improvements and giving away free content.

54 minutes ago, morph89 said:

My specs are:

i7 4770K @4Ghz

RTX 3090

32GB DDR3

Similar boat - 3080 and a 4790k 32gb ddr3 ram, we are bottlenecked by cpu and and ram speed unfortunately. Only thing that helps somewhat is overclocking the ram speed since it’s so much slower than ddr4.

For me it’s as soon as I turn any ray tracing on at all in the game I hit a bottleneck and can’t get to 60fps no matter what I adjust.

If you find anything that helps with that pls @ me!

1 hour ago, morph89 said:

My specs are:

i7 4770K @4Ghz

RTX 3090

32GB DDR3

Currently getting around 55-65 FPS at 4K/ultra settings (no Psycho mode on RT)/Performance DLSS

Edit: please note that I've only played about 2 hours and its possible my frames are higher because I simply haven't hit a congested part of Night City yet.

I see this constantly being brought up on Twitter, and kinda laugh.  I loved Last of Us 2, and its a stunning game, but its also extremely static and linear, with very little typically going on in any situation.

The city is so alive in Cyberpunk, but its clearly far too ambitious a title for 2013 console hardware.

8 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I see this constantly being brought up on Twitter, and kinda laugh.  I loved Last of Us 2, and its a stunning game, but its also extremely static and linear, with very little typically going on in any situation.

The city is so alive in Cyberpunk, but its clearly far too ambitious a title for 2013 console hardware.

You see that alot in gaming. These are the same people that probably wonder why ArmA runs worse then COD. Or are probably confused why a strategy game like Total War or Paradox's games can bring a PC to it's knees.

I think I'm going to be sick after watching that DF video on PS4/Pro.  It's awful.  Even on Pro, it looks super soft and smeary with ghosting artifacts and the framerate tanks.

Even on PC I'm pretty distracted by all the chromatic aberration, depth of field effects, temporal AA and such.  I'm normally one to get excited about new visual tech and all the RT options are sure exciting on paper.  But the look of this game generally doesn't do much for me.

45 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

If this was TLDR for you. PS4 is mostly 720P, Pro is mostly 1080p. TAA causes artifacting. Frame rate dips in the 15-20 FPS range, along with stuttering, pauses and freezes. IQ turned down, and lower NPC/ car density. Technically there were crashes (some forcing a reboot of the console). 

They called it unacceptable and suggested people wait to play on current gen consoles. 

• Thanks 2