~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

3 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

How can you be bad at social distancing in Wyoming, i just assume people live there cause they want to social distance all the time.

That's what I thought. I've been thinking this stuff would barely be news in most areas of the state considering how sparsely populated it is.

4 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

How can you be bad at social distancing in Wyoming, i just assume people live there cause they want to social distance all the time.

I think they're measuring social distancing based on how well people are staying home. That just means folks in Wyoming are just going about their regular lives out and about.

7 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

I hate that people in general (not you) think that crises destroy alliances or nations - they don't. Crises merely expose the rot that existed from neglect and corruption. The EU has been on a downward trajectory for years, which is very unfortunate, but this crisis only illuminates it, it does not create it. Same thing for the US.

3 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

To play devil's advocate, most of those red areas on the map aren't in any greater danger due to travelling longer distances if the people are using cars (which they likely are). Travelling 10 mi by car is safer (for the virus) than 1 mi by public transit. I mean we all know there are other reasons those areas are fucked, but this isn't it, I think.

12 minutes ago, Jose said:

The most NYC headline of all time. 

Mr. Schlotthauer, a 53-year-old professional musician, budgets $15 to $19 each night for dinner, which usually involves a bicycle ride from his Manhattan apartment to Harlem, the Bronx, Chinatown or some favorite Jamaican restaurants in Brooklyn to find inexpensive, delicious meals. But when New York officials urged residents to stay home, Mr. Schlotthauer decided to try cooking, and headed to a grocery store. With guidance from a store clerk, Mr. Schlotthauer picked up Alfredo sauce and chicken sausage, then found a bag of unopened cheese on the sidewalk outside the store. Combining those ingredients with some pasta a friend had left behind three years ago was a stunning revelation.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-shocking-development-for-a-new-yorker-he-can-cook-in-his-tiny-apartment-11585767610

:rofl:  how the fuck is this not an onion article :rofl:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I hate that people in general (not you) think that crises destroy alliances or nations - they don't. Crises merely expose the rot that existed from neglect and corruption. The EU has been on a downward trajectory for years, which is very unfortunate, but this crisis only illuminates it, it does not create it. Same thing for the US.

To play devil's advocate, most of those red areas on the map aren't in any greater danger due to travelling longer distances if the people are using cars (which they likely are). Travelling 10 mi by car is safer (for the virus) than 1 mi by public transit. I mean we all know there are other reasons those areas are fucked, but this isn't it, I think.

The map on the right shows percentage of people who have no supermarket within 1 mile AND don’t have a car.

• Thanks 1

So my mom called 311 this morning to see if we could be tested. She was told that if we are just showing mild symptoms, then we are to stay put and quarantine ourselves. No need to get a test unless anyone’s symptoms become worse. So it makes me wonder how many cases Ontario really has, if some are being left untested like my family.

24 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

The Cuomo Bros are wasting time during the governor's daily update.   

Yeah, they need the myPillow guy to come out and talk about how we need a book full of bullshit stories to guide us through this dark time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

NwAThpc.jpg

If there's one incredibly funny aspect to this pandemic, it's the endless slew of "doing aggressively Americuh'n nonsense to own the libz" antics.

Amazing post, LoweringMyImmuneSystemByWearingOnlyASweaterAndFreezingInTheCold/10, would die for Perkins again.

Looks like the US is buying gear out from under France and Canada as they are being loaded onto planes:

http://www.rfi.fr/en/europe/20200402-china-coronavirus-face-mask-france-stolen-us

and

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1690419/masques-canada-chine-quebec-avion-detournes

Coronavirus masks that France ordered from China were bought at the last minute by the United States as they waited to be loaded onto cargo planes, French officials have said.

"Americans pay three or four times the amount we pay, and in cash," said Jean Rottner, head of France's eastern region, one of the areas worst affected by the coronavirus outbreak, according to reports by France Info.

On Thursday, a planeload of Chinese-made face masks were bought up right on the tarmac just as the much needed protective gear was about to set off for France.

Same thing for a Canadian shipment. American officials are offering cash to buy out the already-paid-for gear that other countries have ordered.

America is certainly doing what it can to further erode its leadership during this global crisis!

giphy.gif

• Guillotine 2