~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Just got Novavaxed finally 💪 

Had to try twice because the first place was insisting they couldn't od it, saying I've already had my 2023-2024 shot, and wouldn't budge when I insisted that doesn't matter because I'm on an immunosuppressant (which is true).

It was actually kind of weird to get hassled about this still tbh, it's been much more sure whatever you want on these ever since that initial summer where they were really policing people trying to get boosters. Even at the second place they got a computer message blocking it and had to manually override it. 

• Hugs 1

• 4 weeks later...
WWW.FORBES.COM

Patients who took some coronavirus vaccines faced a slightly higher risk of medical conditions like myocarditis and pericarditis—but people who contract the coronavirus face a greater risk.

Covid vaccines from companies like Pfizer, Moderna and AstraZeneca were linked to rare occurrences of heart, brain and blood disorders, a recent peer-reviewed study found, though experts say the risks of developing Covid-19 greatly outweigh the risks of getting vaccinated.

Researchers from the Global Vaccine Data Network—a research arm of the World Health Organization—looked at expected versus observed rates of 13 medical conditions that were considered “adverse events of special interest” in a study population of 99 million vaccinated people eight countries, making it the largest Covid vaccine study to date.

Rare cases of myocarditis—inflammation of the heart—were identified in the first, second and third doses of Pfizer-BioNTech’s and Moderna’s mRNA vaccines: The highest rate was seen after the second Moderna dose (6.1 times the expected rate of cases), according to the study published in the journal Vaccine.

Another heart condition called pericarditis had a 6.9-fold increased risk in those who took a third dose of AstraZeneca’s viral-vector vaccine, while a first and fourth dose of Moderna’s vaccine had a 1.7-fold and 2.6-fold increased risk, respectively.

There was a 2.5-times greater risk of developing the rare autoimmune disorder Guillain-Barre syndrome among those who took AstraZeneca’s vaccine compared to the rate researchers expected, and a 3.2-times greater risk of getting blood clots among the same population.

There was a 3.8-times greater risk of developing the neurological disorder acute disseminated encephalomyelitis after the Moderna vaccine was administered, and a 2.2-fold increased risk after AstraZeneca’s vaccine, according to the study.

BIG NUMBER

13.5 billion. That’s how many Covid vaccines have been administered worldwide since the start of the Covid pandemic, according to science research organization Our World in Data. Around 71% of the world’s population has received at least one dose of a Covid vaccine.

CRUCIAL QUOTE
“The odds of all of these adverse events is still much, much higher when infected with SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19), so getting vaccinated is still by far the safer choice,” CEO of biotechnology company Centivax Jacob Glanville, who is not involved in the study, told Forbes.

I'm really quite pleased to see that such a large-scale study of the vaccines and their potential side effects pretty much validated how impressively safe they are considering how rapidly they were developed!

1 minute ago, Uaarkson said:

I got the original two dose Moderna and that was it for me. No boosters. Haven’t gotten sick since. As a matter of fact, I only ever got sick after I got the original two doses. Checkmate libs.

Same. I got covid after my moderna shots and it was brutal. Healthy as a horse now. 

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

This part is going to be ignored by too many people.

Those people will quote the headline to show that the vaccines are harmful, but then if you tell them that it also shows the virus is much worse, they will say "there is no proof." Then when you point out that the two statements (one supporting, one denying their point of view) both come from the same article, they will just move the goalposts. 

Darkstars family health updates:

-Jan. 11: I woke up totally fine and an hour later non stop diarrhea and almost threw up. Either food poisoning or a 24 hour bug because by the next day I was back to normal.

-2 weeks ago my son tested positive for Covid. He stayed in his room a lot but was still hanging out with us. I made sure he wore a mask around us. Nobody else in the house got it.

-About a week ago my wife got the flu(we are assuming flu because she had legit flu symptoms, tested negative for Covid, and seemed to be fine within a few days).
My daughter and I seem to have made it through unscathed.

• Hugs 1

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Looks like @Jason has some competition

WWW.BBC.COM

Researchers have written up the unusual case in a medical journal.

lol he was getting them for antivaxxers, there was no real enforcement about using someone else's name so he was getting them and giving the proof of vaccination cards to antivaxxers. He finally got caught when he went to the same place twice in the same day and they recognized him from earlier.

• 1 month later...