~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gov-abbott-overrides-san-antonio-bexar-county-rules-on-religious-gatherings-amid-coronavirus-crisis/ar-BB11Zelj?ocid=sf

Governor Abbott’s newest order allows for

drive up church services. I’ve already got two churches signed up at $2500 a pop for Easter service at the drive in.

Also working on deals to hold graduation ceremonies for a bunch of the school districts around here. This stuff could end up more profitable than playing movies :lol:

arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

40 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Some people not happy that summer is probably going to be cancelled

Well..., combined with my gym being closed, at least I don't have to worry about getting a summer bod this year!

...this sucks, man.  Summer is my favorite season.  Fuck winter.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This is an oversimplification but I get your point. 

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Some people not happy that summer is probably going to be cancelled

Government of Canada document says best case scenarios include social distancing into July.

So yeah, likely into the fall on account of all the bozos out there.

Two Doctors Log Their Days Inside NYC Emergency Rooms

A daily account of what they’re seeing, how they’re feeling, what gives them hope, and what makes them angry.

Dr. Serino, March 31
This morning I woke up thinking about yesterday. I slept a little. No nightmares this time—I was too tired, which was a relief. Yesterday the ER was packed. There’s no room on the medicine floors, so patients who are admitted are shoulder to shoulder with new patients. Every spare bit of square footage is packed with people. People on chairs. People on beds. People standing. Five people surrounding one IV pole so that everyone’s bags of fluids and medication can be hung. Everyone coughing and coughing and coughing. There are no hot zones anymore. Everything is a hot zone. Everyone is positive. Because there are no visitors, everyone is scared

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Chris- said:

We've been WFH for two and a half weeks now, and an email just went out that one of our project managers no longer works with the agency 'effective immediately' (said ex-employee is also related to one of our c-suite executives). How the hell do you get yourself fired during a WFH period, especially when you are well connected? Even a modicum of effort will keep you off anyone's radar.

I used my lunch break to take a nap today, was amazing. 

Welp someone at my facility just tested positive for CV 19 today.  Didn't give us any more details beyond our particular group wasn't in direct contact with the person... which doesn't mean much to me.

I did manage to piss off the lady briefing us.  She apparently thinks they have been doing a really good job cleaning the facility.  I told her our department, which happens to be the largest department and having 200 people working shoulder to shoulder, hasn't been cleaned in several weeks and there were absolutely no cleaning supplies (disinfectants) available at all.  She then shortly tells me, "Well you'll have to talk to your manager about that."   Naive fool.

• Guillotine 1
  • Sad 2

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/03/30/tesla-gigafactory-employee-tests-positive-for-covid-19-internal-memo.html

An employee at Tesla's sprawling battery plant outside of Reno, Nevada, has tested positive for COVID-19 according to internal communications obtained by CNBC.

I have a few regular customers at work that work at the Tesla factory.... Shit! :s

5 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

The biggest thing about that is that there are people that commute to work there from as far as Tonapah. So the number of counties that potentially can be affected is pretty large. But like most of the rurals, the mentality is that this is still not that big of a deal. Hell my county has actually traveled more since the start of March. 

11 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Welp someone at my facility just tested positive for CV 19 today.  Didn't give us any more details beyond our particular group wasn't in direct contact with the person... which doesn't mean much to me.

I did manage to piss off the lady briefing us.  She apparently thinks they have been doing a really good job cleaning the facility.  I told her our department, which happens to be the largest department and having 200 people working shoulder to shoulder, hasn't been cleaned in several weeks and there were absolutely no cleaning supplies (disinfectants) available at all.  She then shortly tells me, "Well you'll have to talk to your manager about that."   Naive fool.

I've been really lucky. My office was cleaned top to bottom the week this started and then again every weekend even with only a skeleton crew. Tonight there's going to be an emergency cleaning because someone in my office tested positive.

4 hours ago, Chris- said:

We've been WFH for two and a half weeks now, and an email just went out that one of our project managers no longer works with the agency 'effective immediately' (said ex-employee is also related to one of our c-suite executives). How the hell do you get yourself fired during a WFH period, especially when you are well connected? Even a modicum of effort will keep you off anyone's radar.

He didn't quit? I'm quitting this week! 

17 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I've been really lucky. My office was cleaned top to bottom the week this started and then again every weekend even with only a skeleton crew. Tonight there's going to be an emergency cleaning because someone in my office tested positive.

Well after this emergency meeting I went to talk to my area manager and asked him where the cleaning supplies were.  He said he just sent an email asking his supervisor (yay, BUREAUCRACY IN A WAREHOUSE!), and apparently they were some where in the facility sitting on a pallet.  INSTEAD OF IN THE AREAS THAT NEED TO BE CLEANED.

I also suggested, since Walmart is hiring twice as many people as they need, they just designate one person to go station to station and clean, all day.  He said I could do it, so I just might take him up on that once the supplies are located.  The department I'm working is filthy.

33 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Inslee for president. 

29 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Failed presidential candidate, failed badly.

He hitched his entire run on global warming.  You were never going to win the contest on that platform alone. 

11 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

The U.S. hit 1,000 deaths today, and also hit 26,000 new cases, both clearly highs.

And we are still projected to be two weeks away from the peak.

It wouldn't surpise me if this kills more Americans than every war except the Civil War and World War 2. 

19 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

The U.S. hit 1,000 deaths today, and also hit 26,000 new cases, both clearly highs.

At first I was like, "What the hell are you talking about? We passed 1,000 almost a week ago."

Then I realized you meant today alone :(

But yeah, not even a week ago 1,000 was the total death count....

3 minutes ago, CayceG said:

So uh, someone decided to do a terrorism because of the hospital ship in NY Harbor. 

I'm surprised we haven't seen more "end of times" relgious zealots use the pandemic as an excuse to carry out horrendous actions like this.