Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

23 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

SpaceX is propped up by tax dollars and what seems to be 31 rounds of investment funding.

Yes, SpaceX receives money from the government, but for services it has rendered, not as a handout or a subsidy.  They do receive a lot of investment funding though, mostly because of Starlink (I would imagine), because once it becomes fully operational, it will print money.

• True 2

28 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I don’t know if it’s real, but there’s a Musk reply where he says something like “We can’t ever be profitable with advertisers alone! How about $8/month?” :|

Oh it’s real 

NITTER.NL

For me, it’s that Stephen King didn’t respond and then, ten minutes later, Musk replied again with an even stupider tweet. That’s what brings it over the top imo. That’s what...

• Haha 2
  • Sicko 1

39 minutes ago, Brian said:

Oh it’s real 

NITTER.NL

For me, it’s that Stephen King didn’t respond and then, ten minutes later, Musk replied again with an even stupider tweet. That’s what brings it over the top imo. That’s what...

Lol that second reply, what an absolute clown :lol:

46 minutes ago, Brian said:

Oh it’s real 

NITTER.NL

One of the comments in there was "Elon Musk has always had huge "pls respond" energy" and I've never read a more true statement in my life.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

He actually did have one "smart" idea by floating the $20/month amount (which was never going to be the price anyway) in order to make $8/month seem "reasonable" in comparison.

We got door in the face’d. I still think 8 will fail though.

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Half as many ads? Fucking die you scum.

One of the reasons that we've never seen a large scale social network that works on a subscription is that the ad money is typically way more than what people would be willing to pay to use a site with no ads at all. In the US and Canada, the first source I found put Meta's 2020 average revenue per user at ~$165. So they probably wouldn't want to give you an ad free experience for any less than $15/month, but once you factor in CC fees and stuff, they'd probably want more.

Twitter reports users in a weird way, but for last year they listed their "monatizable" user base in the US at 37 million. With a US revenue of $2.8 Billion, their annual ARPU is ~$75, or $6.25/month. At $8/month with no ads they'd bump up their annual ARPU to $96, but given that they're not currently making money and with the leveraged buyout they need to make at least 20% more just to cover their interest, only cutting their ad revenue in half (for what are presumably their most valuable users) still only gets their ARPU (for paying users) to ~$135.

To put a better context on that, if they wanted to cover their new interest payments (and still not make any money) from US users that pay $8/month and still see half the ads, they'd need to get about 17 million subscribers, or about 45% of their "monatizable" US user base. Of course, this napkin math is only increasing the revenue by $1B, so he'd need even more.

That could be made up by the rest of the world, which makes up the vast majority of Twitter users (37 million US vs 179m elsewhere), but the US is more than half of their revenue ($2.8B of $5B), and we don't know what Elon's sliding scale of pricing would be and I'm way too lazy to do that math for him.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

One of the reasons that we've never seen a large scale social network that works on a subscription is that the ad money is typically way more than what people would be willing to pay to use a site with no ads at all. In the US and Canada, the first source I found put Meta's 2020 average revenue per user at ~$165. So they probably wouldn't want to give you an ad free experience for any less than $15/month, but once you factor in CC fees and stuff, they'd probably want more.

Twitter reports users in a weird way, but for last year they listed their "monatizable" user base in the US at 37 million. With a US revenue of $2.8 Billion, their annual ARPU is ~$75, or $6.25/month. At $8/month with no ads they'd bump up their annual ARPU to $96, but given that they're not currently making money and with the leveraged buyout they need to make at least 20% more just to cover their interest, only cutting their ad revenue in half (for what are presumably their most valuable users) still only gets their ARPU (for paying users) to ~$135.

To put a better context on that, if they wanted to cover their new interest payments (and still not make any money) from US users that pay $8/month and still see half the ads, they'd need to get about 17 million subscribers, or about 45% of their "monatizable" US user base. Of course, this napkin math is only increasing the revenue by $1B, so he'd need even more.

That could be made up by the rest of the world, which makes up the vast majority of Twitter users (37 million US vs 179m elsewhere), but the US is more than half of their revenue ($2.8B of $5B), and we don't know what Elon's sliding scale of pricing would be and I'm way too lazy to do that math for him.

This is a great analysis of the situation. I'm a millennial and I can't understand anybody willing to pay for something and still see ads. Not that I was ever going to pay for a blue checkmark, but seeing that is a complete non-starter. You get my time or my money. Not both.

Genuinely very funny that on the day Elon took over a bunch of chuds were posting about how much their follower count had increased, convinced that he had undone some sort of nebulous "shadow-banning" policy that was in place. And now it's basically gonna be you pay up 8 bucks a month or else you're going to be shadow-banned in the sense that you're always going to be behind blue checks in the replies.

9 minutes ago, MarSolo said:
313828178_199705772433701_68891748298323
WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

God shared a post on Instagram: "Today I insulted the richest person on the planet and he agreed with Me.". Follow their account to see 5305 posts.

So how do we embed images?

Well your instagram link isn't an image link, it is a link to the instagram post. I have no clue how to link just the image. Even with inspect element, the image won't embed. You'd need to upload it to imgur or capture the image yourself like this:

Ye56CbS.jpg

4 hours ago, stepee said:

i love that you follow him

isn’t he in his 30s now lol

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Believe it or not, I don't. I legitimately stumbled across it.

Actually I followed him back in the day for #TeamFollowBack then his account got banned. But when he made a new account the tables turned and he followed me but I did not follow back! :o

38 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

So how do we embed images?

22 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Well your instagram link isn't an image link, it is a link to the instagram post. I have no clue how to link just the image. Even with inspect element, the image won't embed. You'd need to upload it to imgur or capture the image yourself like this:

Yeah you can't embed any Instagram post anymore, been that way for a while.