Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

17 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It would appear that these guys were trolls per Matt Binder:

It's also been my experience in corporate America that they don't let you box up your stuff.  You go to a conference room, get your separation talk and folder, get walked out, they box up your stuff from your work area and ship it to you.

22 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

It's also been my experience in corporate America that they don't let you box up your stuff.  You go to a conference room, get your separation talk and folder, get walked out, they box up your stuff from your work area and ship it to you.

I've seen it go both ways at large companies. They'll either do what you say, or they'll call everybody who's getting let go to a meeting, tell them they're all let go, then let them go back to their desks and box up their own stuff while security guards stand around looking intimidating.

• True 1

3 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

He sounds like every shit manager I’ve ever had who at one point wrote a bit of Java in college and nothing since

I have to wonder why Parag got canned and how much of it has to do with him being CEO while forcing the sale to go through. On paper Parag seems like exactly the guy that Elon would want in the job: engineering background, into crypto, not a lot of baggage given he hasn't been CEO for too long, lead the bluesky protocol team for a while.

Those texts read like Elon already didn't want to work with him.

10 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I have to wonder why Parag got canned and how much of it has to do with him being CEO while forcing the sale to go through. On paper Parag seems like exactly the guy that Elon would want in the job: engineering background, into crypto, not a lot of baggage given he hasn't been CEO for too long, lead the bluesky protocol team for a while.

Those texts read like Elon already didn't want to work with him.

Those texts read like Musk didn't like there being someone obviously smarter than him in the room.

• Halal 1

8 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Twitter-owner Elon Musk said on Friday that he did not have a hand in reinstating rapper Kanye West's account, which was suspended by the micro-blogging site earlier this month for posting anti-Semitic remarks.

Yeah sure okay

Also him not having a say in it doesn't make it better?

This guy is such a fucking dweeb.

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

He doesn’t have a non-compete in the buyout deal?

Even if he did, he's not building a social media site. He's building something more akin to Mastodon with the goal that the likes of Twitter and Reddit will switch from their own proprietary framework to Bluesky's.

21 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Even if he did, he's not building a social media site. He's building something more akin to Mastodon with the goal that the likes of Twitter and Reddit will switch from their own proprietary framework to Bluesky's.

What I replied to literally said “new social media site”. :p I don’t know what mastodon is so I honestly don’t know the difference.

28 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

What I replied to literally said “new social media site”. :p I don’t know what mastodon is so I honestly don’t know the difference.

Invision is the framework that these forums run on. You could modify it to make it more personal for the community you're serving. Mastodon is similar, but instead of a forum it's more akin to Twitter. You'd still need to load the software up on a server somewhere and you could always customize it to your liking. Trump's Truth Social runs on Mastodon, only they broke the open source license by stripping the credit going back to Mastodon.

Sounds like Bluesky is trying to create a platform that's more presentation agnostic. That is, rather than focus on making it look like Twitter or Reddit or Invision or Facebook, they're just aiming on creating a platform that can securely send and store messages shared between people and/or the public.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Invision is the framework that these forums run on. You could modify it to make it more personal for the community you're serving. Mastodon is similar, but instead of a forum it's more akin to Twitter. You'd still need to load the software up on a server somewhere and you could always customize it to your liking. Trump's Truth Social runs on Mastodon, only they broke the open source license by stripping the credit going back to Mastodon.

Sounds like Bluesky is trying to create a platform that's more presentation agnostic. That is, rather than focus on making it look like Twitter or Reddit or Invision or Facebook, they're just aiming on creating a platform that can securely send and store messages shared between people and/or the public.

So, it's not a social media site but just a framework for other socials to use?

• Halal 1