Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

59 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I will post the new D1P "rules of engagement" for Twitter in the next couple of days, but let's just say that the days of directly embedding tweets are numbered.

Is there a toggle to auto delete Twitter links? 

Like if you post them it just says <invalid entry>? Where's the AI guy!?

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I will post the new D1P "rules of engagement" for Twitter in the next couple of days, but let's just say that the days of directly embedding tweets are numbered.

This is fine, because both of my Windows machines do a shitty job of actually displaying embedded tweets!  (Works just fine on Android and Mac though)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

That's... Weird. Can you do that????? That's like taking money from one set of investors and giving it to another with no benefit 

Fucks with the notion of fiduciary duty but that's Musk for you. Also, lol at the notion that product leaders (I take it they mean tech leads and not actual product people) are going to be reviewing Twitter code - as if that's really ever been an issue at Twitter. 

• Halal 1

If Twitter is a net money loser wouldn't continuing to allow twitter on this here actually hurt Musk?

I have mixed feeling about this. Not about Musk buying twitter, that part sucks... but allowing embedded tweets on here. Sometimes I feel like there is way to many tweets posted on here and it can be a very confusing format to follow. It often feels like twitter is just these little snippets of data that make almost no sense unless you know the whole backstory behind them. That's great when you know the backstory but sucks when you don't.

I feel like 1/3 of the posts on this site are just embedded tweets.

35 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

As a rule of thumb I generally try to post the article a tweet is attached to rather than the tweet, sometimes the other way is easier (or faster) which is why I assume other people post the tweets.

The problem I have with that is that a lot of news sites now put up paywalls if I want to actually try and read the articles.

• Jason changed the title to Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter
41 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

As a rule of thumb I generally try to post the article a tweet is attached to rather than the tweet, sometimes the other way is easier (or faster) which is why I assume other people post the tweets.

I often go with tweets that link to articles over linking articles directly because the tweets will often call out a/the key takeaway from the article.

• True 3

4 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Just use a screenshot tool like greenshot and then pixelate the image to stick it to musk

vL3pWj8.png

I feel like I should build a site that just does this. Just unsure how I would handle hosting of the images in the least costly way (I'm sure if it gets heavily used an s3 bucket will start to sting).

22 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Looks like the layoffs might be starting:

1uaa20v.png

It would appear that these guys were trolls per Matt Binder:

these guys are trolls. the dude in the back holds up a photo of Michelle Obama in the livestream video and tells reporters he's a fired Twitter employee named "Rahul LIGMA"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

28 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I feel like I should build a site that just does this. Just unsure how I would handle hosting of the images in the least costly way (I'm sure if it gets heavily used an s3 bucket will start to sting).

Offload the hosting to imgur? Not sure if that's allowed with them making you pay though.