~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

23 minutes ago, Jose said:

@SaysWho?

Paris / Hamburg - Advice and rumors about the influence of certain drugs on a coronavirus infection are currently causing uncertainty. French Minister of Health Olivier Véran wrote on Saturday afternoon via short message service Twitter that anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen could make a coronavirus infection worse. In the case of a fever, paracetamol should be taken, Véran advised. National health director Jérôme Salomon made a similar statement and advised against taking so-called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). In addition to ibuprofen, this group of active ingredients also includes acetylsalicylic acid (ASA; aspirin) and diclofenac

Jonas Schmidt-Chanasit from the Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine (BNITM) can well imagine that especially ASA, but also ibuprofen, could not be helpful for the lung disease Covid-19. "Ibuprofen inhibits blood clotting, which would be a possible indication," explains the virologist. This increases the risk of internal bleeding. "This is not the case with paracetamol."

https://www.stuttgarter-zeitung.de/inhalt.geruechte-ueber-medikamente-diskussion-um-selbsttherapie-bei-corona-infektion.7321bbd0-0bc4-4d21-b735-9aa54b9643dd.html

I never knew until I had kids, that to deal with fevers better you can take a Tylenol first, then 2 hours later you can take an ibuprofen, then continue both on their regular dosage schedule. That sucks if ibuprofen is bad in this case. 

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I’ve been through a few hurricanes in my life and toilet paper is never hard to find like this. What gives?

People assume stores will all be shut down for good and suddenly toilet paper becomes a rare commodity. 

Honestly I think it's Australia and how social media works. Some single town got the idea that TP was going to be needed, so everyone got it. It then spread around Australia, and eventually to North America. There is no logic behind it, it's literally a case of "I saw on Facebook (and the news) people buying all the TP somewhere else, so I'd better do it before other idiots scoop it all up." Except all the people thinking that are the idiots, and then all the TP is gone, making more people want to find it, etc. There never would have been a shortage except for the idiocy that propagated.

Mom went shopping and saw an older gentleman yelling at store staff for not sanitizing the doors and carts after people touch them once. Yelling at them that they could potentially be killing him and others like him shopping in the store because the virus could potentially be on the surfaces. Also saw people asking about the TP and saying you should limit people. Which all stores I went too were doing (2 per person) but sold out of TP before 9:30, even with the limits. Still the stores were overall calmer today compare to the past few days in my area. Can’t find cleaning supply, TP/PT, flour and a lots of meats missing too. 

41 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

CNN is reporting that Trump's Covid 19 test from least night is negative :rolleyes:

"It was a perfect test. I have the best results. Tremendously negative. The most negative they've ever seen. A lot of people are saying I have reverse coronavirus. They can use me to develop a vaccine. Maybe by tomorrow. We'll see what happens." - DJT

• Haha 3

A friend of mine owns a bunch of pet food stores, and a board game store:

1)  Pet Food sales ~3x normal volume -- he had a line around the block at a couple of his stores

2)  His small store (normally sells ~$200/day on non-Pokémon tournament days) was at ~$1,000 sales of board games by noon today.  Parents trying to figure out what to do with their kids during March break.

1 minute ago, Comet said:

I almost don’t think it matters until he gets sick for real and can’t actually work. Otherwise they’ll keep putting lipstick on a pig and parading him to the public. 

He will still make the bare minimum appearances while sick. A fresh spray tan and a shot of adrenaline should pump him up for about 15 minutes.