~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Went to pick up my meds from the pharmacy and the pharmacist said the CDC is recommending diabetics get the pneumonia vaccine due to heightened risk of the infection and the resulting co-morbidity with Covid, so I got it.

She also mentioned that there is some

interesting data about high blood pressure meds being associated with lower infection rates. Black dudes are safe cause damn near all of them are on high blood pressure meds :cool:

I take blood pressure meds and I usually get a 3 month supply and it costs me like $12 bucks.

Went last week to get my refill and they didn't have the combo pill I take, and could only give me a one month supply of the two meds I take separately and they cost me $21 for a single month... and I was informed there was a massive shortage.

These pills are all made in China... things might get interesting...

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, ort said:

I take blood pressure meds and I usually get a 3 month supply and it costs me like $12 bucks.

Went last week to get my refill and they didn't have the combo pill I take, and could only give me a one month supply of the two meds I take separately and they cost me $21 for a single month... and I was informed there was a massive shortage.

My wife was able to get a 3 month supply of her anti-seizure meds, but she had to go to CVS instead of Walgreens to do it.  The medication is made in India.

4 minutes ago, ort said:

Which one are you on? My doc put me on

candesartan in the spring last year, but there have been shortages because of manufacturing issues in China, I’m sure it will only get worse. I am on Losartan now and it’s like $10 for 3 months even without insurance and I’ve never had to wait for it to get filled.

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Which one are you on? My doc put me on

candesartan in the spring last year, but there have been shortages because of manufacturing issues in China, I’m sure it will only get worse. I am on Losartan now and it’s like $10 for 3 months even without insurance and I’ve never had to wait for it to get filled.

I take a Losartan / Hydrochlorothiazide combo.

I use the local grocery store pharmacy and they suck at pretty much everything so I might try somewhere else next month.

11 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

interesting data about high blood pressure meds being associated with lower infection rates.

Interesting, I'm on lisinopril to protect my kidney from kidney protein which is a side effect from Spinraza. Thanks Biogen...? 

19 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Went to pick up my meds from the pharmacy and the pharmacist said the CDC is recommending diabetics get the pneumonia vaccine due to heightened risk of the infection and the resulting co-morbidity with Covid, so I got it.

She also mentioned that there is some

interesting data about high blood pressure meds being associated with lower infection rates. Black dudes are safe cause damn near all of them are on high blood pressure meds :cool:

Is that just for type 1 diabetics or type 2 as well?

43 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

QUIT TOUCHING YOUR FUCKING FACE.

YOU ARE A PART OF THE PROBLEM.

I'd like it noted for the record for use in the Scarecrow People's Court that I, Jwheel86, can not physically touch my face and am therefore not a part of the problem. In fact I would like to stipulate that this therefore makes me genetically superior in the end times. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ort said:

I take meds for high cholesterol.  Like you, it costs me about $12 for a three-month supply.

The good news is that I can order mine online, and I got my new shipment earlier this month, so I'm good until at least June.