Cancel culture run amok: Cucker Carlson out at Fox.

The LA Times is reporting that the "kill order" came straight from Uncle Rupert himself. 

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

Tucker Carlson's last program was Friday, Fox News said. His ouster is likely related to a discrimination lawsuit filed by a former producer.

Carlson’s exit is related to the discrimination lawsuit filed by Abby Grossberg, the producer fired by the network last month, the people said.

Murdoch is also said to be concerned over Carlson’s coverage of the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, in which the host has promoted the conspiracy theory that it was provoked by government agents.

• Shocked 1
  • Sicko 1
  • Halal 1

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Tucker Carlson and Don Lemon out on the same day.  I can't imagine a better day for reducing politicization and divisiveness in media.

I think a majority of Don Lemon's popularity and influence comes from right-wing media saying he's popular and has influence. I don't think most Democrats care about him, and I don't think the average voter even knows who he is, in the same way they know who Tucker Carlson is.

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Tucker Carlson and Don Lemon out on the same day.  I can't imagine a better day for reducing politicization and divisiveness in media.

D1P has more users than Lemon had viewers. Kindly refrain from the bs.

• Haha 5
  • True 2

It would be interesting if this was a disagreement over the direction of the  FOX  disinformation machine… what if Uncle Rupert says all in on Trump and Dumb fuck Tuck said no… or even the other way around..

I do wonder what new cockroach we’ll find next time the light comes up on FOX.. Daily has their succession, FOX does as well

Tuck going bye bye is good news. But I'm sure he'll land elsewhere. But taking him off such a huge platform can only be a good thing.

The Don Lemon comparison is idiotic. I'm a liberal and I don't know the first ting about Don Lemon, except he's Black and gay and on CNN. I've never watched his show. I doubt he has much influence over the progressive sphere. There's no denying the influence that Tucker Carlson wields.

• Halal 1

52 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Tuck going bye bye is good news. But I'm sure he'll land elsewhere. But taking him off such a huge platform can only be a good thing.

The Don Lemon comparison is idiotic. I'm a liberal and I don't know the first ting about Don Lemon, except he's Black and gay and on CNN. I've never watched his show. I doubt he has much influence over the progressive sphere. There's no denying the influence that Tucker Carlson wields.

I'm not even talking about influence. Tucker Carlson has been spewing white nationalism, xenophobia, and straight Russian propaganda for years. To act like Don Lemon does anything similar is being disingenuous. 

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Fox wasn't required to do an on air apology as part of the settlement so I doubt that was it. They probably figured he was too toxic to have around anymore since he just cost the company almost a BILLION dollars. And remember there's ANOTHER lawsuit... the Smartmatic lawsuit and I'm sure Carlson figures largely into that one as well.

There are now rumours it was a part of the demands made in the settlement.