Cancel culture run amok: Cucker Carlson out at Fox.

Fox is going to be fine, in relatively recent history the torch has been passed, however unwillingly, from O'Reilly, to Hannity, and then to Carlson. Perhaps at some point the network will run out of aggrieved white men who can clutch their pearls while doing sleight of hand to suggest that it is, in fact, everyone else in the nation that's got a death grip on their jewelry. But I don't think that'll be a problem for them in the long run.

As for Carlson himself, he's not a stupid man and I don't think he'd look at what Trump and DeSantis have been put through by the GOP base and decide that he wants a piece. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows.

5 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Gonna share a tweet simply because I can’t find a YouTube link yet; feel free to replace it when it’s up. This was Tucker’s final post of his final segment. He tells the audience he’ll see them Monday.

I saw another tweet that it had to have happened very abrutply this morning, since there was work going on preparing an interview for tonight.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

His show studio was located in his mansion. He had a good gig and my guess is couldn’t get out of his own way.

OH!!!!

So they were forcing him back to work in the studio, and he said no. So they fired his ass because they no longer allow work from home. 

either way FUCK THIS FUCKING FUCK!!!

I wish I knew where the video of him being tasered by cops for an NBC segment is. 

1 minute ago, silentbob said:

OH!!!!

So they were forcing him back to work in the studio, and he said no. So they fired his ass because they no longer allow work from home. 

either way FUCK THIS FUCKING FUCK!!!

I wish I knew where the video of him being tasered by cops for an NBC segment is. 

No one wants to work anymore.

1 minute ago, Jason said:
Screenshot-2023-04-24-at-12.05.05-PM-sca
WWW.MEDIAITE.COM

Tucker Carlson's departure from Fox News was not voluntary, sources have confirmed to Mediaite.

It's pure speculation, but I would bet he was asked to issue an on-air apology or have less editorial control going forward with his segments, he said no to both, and they said see you later boy.

1 minute ago, osxmatt said:

It's pure speculation, but I would bet he was asked to issue an on-air apology or have less editorial control going forward with his segments, he said no to both, and they said see you later boy.

Fox wasn't required to do an on air apology as part of the settlement so I doubt that was it. They probably figured he was too toxic to have around anymore since he just cost the company almost a BILLION dollars. And remember there's ANOTHER lawsuit... the Smartmatic lawsuit and I'm sure Carlson figures largely into that one as well.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Fox wasn't required to do an on air apology as part of the settlement so I doubt that was it. They probably figured he was too toxic to have around anymore since he just cost the company almost a BILLION dollars. And remember there's ANOTHER lawsuit... the Smartmatic lawsuit and I'm sure Carlson figures largely into that one as well.

The reason I have a hard time believing it was due to the Dominion, is Hannity, Ingraham, and Bartiromo are in those texts just as much and saying similar things, and we haven't seen any consequences for them (yet?).

4 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

The reason I have a hard time believing it was due to the Dominion, is Hannity, Ingraham, and Bartiromo are in those texts just as much and saying similar things, and we haven't seen any consequences for them (yet?).

I mean, maybe they agreed to tone it down on election denying stuff. 

• Halal 1