Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

I'm building a new platform called Flusher, When you post a flush it slowly wipes out some of the crap on your feed and when you post a massive shit, it will clog up others near you from posting for a bit and the only way to resolve the issue is them all posting empty flushes to clear the tubes.

:fedora: I'll take my novelty sized billion dollar check now.

• Haha 1
  • Sicko Sherman 2

I check in on the Elon/Twitter news pretty much everyday at this point.  Lately I've been getting major Trump vibes/memories.  Almost every day there is some new bit of news. Sometimes it gets more outrageous by the day. Will it eventually reach a breaking point?  Is Twitter too big to fail? Maybe if enough people and companies use it worldwide it won't really matter?  I don't know, just seeing the crazy headlines day after day makes me want to watch it all burn down.

• True 1

My union man Dad seems to be getting fed a bunch of nice elon boot licking material. He tried to bring up the twitter tiles whatever stuff and I just asked him did anyone force anyone to do anything? And he’s like no. And I’m like ok then so..what are we complaining about? He wasn’t sure.

Then he goes on about how well the “libtards”, and yes I’m talking about a fully grown man, one that voted democrat at least all the way up to trump, using that irl, can’t complain now that it’s his platform if he bans people. And I’m like yeah, that would still be bulkshit? That doesn’t change? But, if you are now okay with it, that means you never really gave a shit about anything at all, so again, what was the point in you getting sucked into any of this nonsense? oy lol

He always seems so upset and surprised too when I’m not like “oh man lol ya you got me this is earth shattering” when he brings up his whatever fox cinematic universe stuff. It’s like since it’s what his youtube algorithm is talking about all week he has this idea that this stuff is way more popular than it is in both how many people believe it and how many people can summon the energy to even care in the first place.

• Hugs 1

39 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Twitter trying to make it harder for people to tell others where to find them in the exodus, are banning any posts that link to other social media platforms (also banning official accounts owned by those platforms):

2resYCa.png

This is 100% anti competitive behavior and it would be a damn shame if the FTC / DOJ or whomever got involved

1 hour ago, Jwheel86 said:

How has MAGA shit out like 3 Twitter rip offs yet no one's come up with a functional Twitter alternative? 

There are, but there's no real driving force sending users to any one of them. Parler had a right wing push to it. Twitter might be pushing users away, but not in any real direction and there's no platform really doing anything to pull users in.

The base level function of Twitter seems so simple to replicate, but the various alternatives I see all want to reinvent the wheel in some odd way which makes for silly barriers to entry for users. Anything that slows the adoption rate is a mistake that will make it less likely the users with real draws to the platform will bother.