Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

33 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

There are many subscription services that charge more if you sub directly from the iOS app for this very reason. I remember reading something a few years back that said even still a majority of iOS users subbed directly in the app despite being able to sub from the web browser in the very same device. The human mind is something else

For the most part these companies are not allowed to advertise or make mention anywhere in the app that you could pay less by signing up on their site. Many apps have been banned/blocked in the past for some vague reference in an FAQ, buried inside the app, that subscription payments are handled through the website. This has somewhat soften in recent years due to apple getting hit with lawsuits but still. 

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:
musk.jpg?fit=1200%2C800&ssl=1&w=640
BOINGBOING.NET

Dave Chappelle had a treat for attendees at his comedy show in San Francisco last night. He brought attention-starved hectobillionaire Elon Musk on stage. Cameras...

Elon got the shit booed out of him. But he isn’t mad. You can’t put in the papers that he’s mad. 

The more disturbing part might be Chappelle making fun of "the poors" in the upper levels in the back who paid tickets to see him live. And then going on to say fuck my audience, Elon gave me a jetpack. Yikes.

2 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Lol, iPhone users pay more because of course:

05xKSR7yTStG4yafeSJSVc8-1.fit_lim.size_1
WWW.PCMAG.COM

Twitter has announced that it will relaunch its subscription service Twitter Blue on Monday, with iOS users paying $11 a month, compared to $8 a month for everyone else.

Google charges more for YouTube Premium if you sign up through the iPhone App. It's like $16-17 if you sign up on iOS, but if you do it on anything else (and just sign in on iOS afterwards) it's $12 (even cheaper with a student email)

7 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I’ll be honest, I did NOT know that. 

I found out after paying $16 for about 3 months or so, then someone on here said "it's only $12" when I mentioned it was $16 in some thread on the Performing Arts forum here. I cancelled on my phone, then used my fiancee's (now wife) student email to get it for $7. 

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

There are many subscription services that charge more if you sub directly from the iOS app for this very reason. I remember reading something a few years back that said even still a majority of iOS users subbed directly in the app despite being able to sub from the web browser in the very same device. The human mind is something else

I don’t think I’m a grossly uninformed person when it comes to tech stuff, but it never would have occurred to me to check to see if there were app vs. website price differences despite being someone who looks around for the best price for digital games and saving money to binge spend on Target gift card / point card sales for online shops.

• Halal 1

My guy out here with big “they were saying boo-urns” energy IRL, fucking embarrassing. Imagine showing up onstage in a city where you just shitcanned thousands of employees, expecting to be able to get a rise out of people by saying something like “my pronouns are zero/fucks”

Feast on my poop Elon.

• Like 1

628fc72af099c400195682f1?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

Twitter has reportedly taken increasingly extreme measures to cut costs under Elon Musk's leadership as the company gears up for potential lawsuits.

To go along with @b_m_b_m_b_mpost. Wow is all I can say.  I don't quite understand how you can do that and still be in business....Or how long can you operate that way before it just shuts down?

1 hour ago, Ricofoley said:
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
WWW.PLATFORMER.NEWS

Agree to personalize your ads — or else

Apparently the plan is to make people opt-in to personalized ads that would include forcing you to share your location. I've still been using this dumbass site up to this point, but I think that'd be an actual red line for me.

I'm pretty sure that violates Apple's rules regarding the app tracking request app makers have to ask consent for.

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

I read the reason why Musk made the change, and I can understand why.  (According to Musk) A stalker followed and then jumped on the hood of the car his son was in (but Elon wasn't in the car at the time).  The dude will be prosecuted according to Musk. 

Nobody should take Musk at his word on literally anything. 

I’m pretty sure publishing publicly available flight information is specifically protected by the first amendment.