Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

Elon is really turning the streisand effect to 11 with this whole ElonJet thing. If he’d left it alone, it would probably have a few hundred followers and no one would care. Now it’s getting headlines and it’ll live on and receive more scrutiny and attention on every other platform. I’m the first to argue that Twitter holds a unique place in the public discourse, but he must realize that Twitter is not the internet. What an idiot.

With the big redesign of the 2023 Prius Prime (extending electric-only range to 100km, and it looks nicer), I've seen people ask a question I hadn't considered before: is Tesla going to roll out redesigns of their vehicles? Are they even working on it? Typically with other manufacturers you see redesigns every 4-7 years. Tesla has obviously been making incremental upgrades to their models, but no large overhauls that I am aware of. It's a death trap for a car brand to not get a visual overhaul after a while.

58 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

cPSUCD0.jpg

poor simps may soon be able to afford his death traps (would need to compare price drops here with price drops of other electric and used cars in general but still funny)

TBF, this can be said for most car brands. Used car prices were insane until around September or so and are just now semi-normalizing.

Yeah, I really have to wonder what this is doing to Tesla sales. When you have so many options, why buy the car so closely tied to such a toxic divisive person?

Tesla and Elon Musk are forever and always tied together. The car and the man are instantly associated with each other.

I would have to imagine that rich liberals are one of Tesla's main demographics, and that the vast majority of them would be currently scratching Tesla off of their potential vehicle list due to the fact that Musk is acting like a total fool and flailing his arms around like a total ding dong... pissing off giant swaths of the population in order to appeal to a tiny sliver of weirdo conspiracy dumbshits.

Personally, I find myself frustrated by Tesla, and I think that by and large it's Elon personally to be blamed for their failures. I can only imagine what Telsa could have accomplished if he had found himself a Tim Cook to put in charge of the whole thing. So many of the decisions that Telsa made at the beginning were prescient, correctly guessing where the industry would be heading, giving them a huge head start. They turned it into a big business to be sure, but no where near what I think they could have been if Elon hadn't let his ego get the best of him.

Obviously going electric only was the right call, as was building out their supercharger network. Even if the rollout of full self driving hasn't been great, I think a focus on intelligent driver assist has clearly been the direction that the rest of the industry has been heading in ever since. Building the cars around centralized electronics was a good idea that completely flew in the face of established industry practices that the major players are still trying to replicate. Even putting more and more of the controls into the infotainment system (as much as I dislike it) is something we've seen copied time and time again.

What Elon seems to then do is take some of those good foundational ideas, and push them to extremes that hurt the outcomes. Yes, everyone has followed by centralizing more controls on screens, but everyone else still gives you a gauge screen and a few buttons. The radical decision to eschew basically all normal controls in favor of the center screen is something I think has driven away plenty of customers. They could have turned the S into a real luxury competitor, but I don't think they can while maintaining such a single screen focus (luxury buyers want features!) Yes, intelligent driving assist was the right call, but naming it full self driving and rolling it out as they have has really hurt the brand. Sure, focusing on a couple car models to start with was a good idea, but their failure to grow their product lines or iterate on their cars has been a huge part of their failure to capitalize on the massive lead they established. The Model S has only now gotten it's first significant upgrade in a decade. The Cybertruck and Roadster are still MIA.

The Cybertruck in particular feels like an exercise in pure ego. They could have had a Tesla truck first to market, but now there's a real chance that there will be hundreds of thousands of electric trucks from manufacturers old and new out before Telsa can get one off the line. I have to imagine that the design for that came straight from Elon's increasingly delusional mind. Even little things like his insistence that optical cameras should be enough for driver assistant features ended up backfiring. I would guess that there are a lot of decisions like that being made by Elon that we never hear about.

All of which is to say that if there is anything about Elon that should scare you off from a Tesla, it's the decisions he's making in Tesla, not what he's doing with Twitter.

2 hours ago, TwinIon said:

Personally, I find myself frustrated by Tesla, and I think that by and large it's Elon personally to be blamed for their failures. I can only imagine what Telsa could have accomplished if he had found himself a Tim Cook to put in charge of the whole thing. So many of the decisions that Telsa made at the beginning were prescient, correctly guessing where the industry would be heading, giving them a huge head start. They turned it into a big business to be sure, but no where near what I think they could have been if Elon hadn't let his ego get the best of him.

Obviously going electric only was the right call, as was building out their supercharger network. Even if the rollout of full self driving hasn't been great, I think a focus on intelligent driver assist has clearly been the direction that the rest of the industry has been heading in ever since. Building the cars around centralized electronics was a good idea that completely flew in the face of established industry practices that the major players are still trying to replicate. Even putting more and more of the controls into the infotainment system (as much as I dislike it) is something we've seen copied time and time again.

What Elon seems to then do is take some of those good foundational ideas, and push them to extremes that hurt the outcomes. Yes, everyone has followed by centralizing more controls on screens, but everyone else still gives you a gauge screen and a few buttons. The radical decision to eschew basically all normal controls in favor of the center screen is something I think has driven away plenty of customers. They could have turned the S into a real luxury competitor, but I don't think they can while maintaining such a single screen focus (luxury buyers want features!) Yes, intelligent driving assist was the right call, but naming it full self driving and rolling it out as they have has really hurt the brand. Sure, focusing on a couple car models to start with was a good idea, but their failure to grow their product lines or iterate on their cars has been a huge part of their failure to capitalize on the massive lead they established. The Model S has only now gotten it's first significant upgrade in a decade. The Cybertruck and Roadster are still MIA.

The Cybertruck in particular feels like an exercise in pure ego. They could have had a Tesla truck first to market, but now there's a real chance that there will be hundreds of thousands of electric trucks from manufacturers old and new out before Telsa can get one off the line. I have to imagine that the design for that came straight from Elon's increasingly delusional mind. Even little things like his insistence that optical cameras should be enough for driver assistant features ended up backfiring. I would guess that there are a lot of decisions like that being made by Elon that we never hear about.

All of which is to say that if there is anything about Elon that should scare you off from a Tesla, it's the decisions he's making in Tesla, not what he's doing with Twitter.

One thing we'll likely never know is how much of Tesla's great, early ideas was Musk and how much of it was part of the early leadership team roadmap. Those guys were all gone a few years before the first Supercharger was opened to the public, but were there during the ramp up to the release of their first car. "Tesla founder" Musk isn't against claiming any good ideas as his own 

• Like 1

Wait wait wait. Musk's brilliant plan to get rid of bots on Twitter was to ban the range of IPs they're coming from? :lol:

636ee2b9f5877200181c95c9?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

The main telecom providers in India and Russia were all blocked from Twitter before employees reversed the block due to complaints, Platformer reported.

Just straight up blocked a bunch of the biggest mobile providers in eastern Asia and Russia...

...and then rolled back the plan as soon as they realized what they had done.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Just straight up blocked a bunch of the biggest mobile providers in eastern Asia and Russia...

...and then rolled back the plan as soon as they realized what they had done.

Not smart of him to bite the hand that feeds, but then again he is a deeply stupid man.

Just now, thewhyteboar said:

I don’t think in the entire history of the world there has ever been a baby boy who fills his diapers as much as Elon. Spending billions of dollars to stop people from saying mean things about you. 

Trump ran for president because a black guy ribbed him a little bit on live TV. 

• True 2