Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

36 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:
221108-elon-musk-2019-ac-844p-261f58.jpg
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

His announcement comes after users in an informal poll on the social media site said that he should step down.

Anyone dumb enough to voluntarily take over the dumpster fire Musk has created here is guaranteed to be infinitely worse than Musk. 

21 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:
Tesla-hero-Model-3-Y-S.jpg?resize=1200%2
ELECTREK.CO

Tesla (TSLA) has told employees that it is implementing a hiring freeze and confirmed that another wave of layoffs is coming next quarter.

Tesla has lost a bunch of value in the past few weeks, as well.

While the overall market is tanking today, Tesla is practically in free-fall:

FkmXGjDWQAEchHs.jpg

• Shocked 1
  • Sicko 3

26 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Tesla market cap: $390B

Ford market cap: $45B

GM market cap: $47B

BMW market cap: $54B

Toyota market cap: $221B

Tesla still dwarfs all other manufacturers.

Which only further proves how ludicrously overvalued that stock price is.

Tesla's valuation is that of a technology company (which it isn't) rather than a manufacturing company (which it is).

• True 1
  • Halal 2

40 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Which only further proves how ludicrously overvalued that stock price is.

Tesla's valuation is that of a technology company (which it isn't) rather than a manufacturing company (which it is).

It’s not even that. It’s a clean air credit company that sells cars. Once other automakers start getting into this business (and they are!) it’s going to cut down on Tesla margins and profits

• True 1
  • Halal 1

Also, they just added total number of views to the stats at the bottom of tweets, I'm assuming as some kind of half-baked attempt to convince advertisers that they're not losing engagement, and they put first in the row, so the reply button is now shifted over from where it was. If you click where you're used to clicking you get a pop up that just says "Views: Times this tweet was seen." Another triumph for Elon.

His obsession with Twitter's underlying infrastructure is weird.  He doesn't seem to get that the "software and the servers" aren't twitter's product.  His fractal of "rube goldberg machines" comment is kind of one of those outsider layman takes on being told about the web of system dependencies that make up practically any commercial IT setup in any medium to large organization.  He's this rich airhead who's decided to roll up his sleeves and get in the trenches with the engineers despite not really knowing anything about what they do.

• Halal 3

1 hour ago, finaljedi said:

His obsession with Twitter's underlying infrastructure is weird.  He doesn't seem to get that the "software and the servers" aren't twitter's product.  His fractal of "rube goldberg machines" comment is kind of one of those outsider layman takes on being told about the web of system dependencies that make up practically any commercial IT setup in any medium to large organization.  He's this rich airhead who's decided to roll up his sleeves and get in the trenches with the engineers despite not really knowing anything about what they do.

shhh... let him

23 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Production Twitter runs on AWS. Any servers he'd yank would affect internal systems. What is he even on about?

What, you don’t think he went straight to an Amazon colo to find his Twitter racks and start pulling shit out like a child? 

2 hours ago, stepee said:

What’s weird is I feel like the reason he is doing this phony ass “boots to the ground” thing is probably because he thinks this is how he can convince people in the future that he invented twitter 

He legit wants people to think that he’s Tony Stark or some shit.

• Halal 1

On 12/24/2022 at 12:10 PM, Jason said:

20221224_120911.jpg

f9bb16b0d03373ff5769569bcd4bd337.jpg
WWW.THEONION.COM

SAN FRANCISCO—As part of his initiative to streamline the back end of the platform, Elon Musk reportedly demanded Tuesday that the remaining Twitter servers explain to him in detail...

As part of his initiative to streamline the back end of the platform, Elon Musk reportedly demanded Tuesday that the remaining Twitter servers explain to him in detail what all the wires were for. “These ones here—what do they do, exactly?” the company’s new owner and CEO said during a visit to Twitter’s data center, holding up a tangled clump of blue wires and showing them to a row of machines, which he accused of “taking up an inordinate amount of space without contributing anything to user experience.” “Hello? I want an explanation for what you’ve all been doing down here on company time, and if you can’t give me one in the next five minutes, you’ll all be let go. For instance, what does this red thing do? Is this where we keep the internet? Make this smaller and faster immediately. And let’s start charging users for whatever is inside these cords.” At press time, sources confirmed Musk had publicly fired a prominent CPU for loudly humming in a way that he said constituted insubordination. 

5 hours ago, Comet said:

What, you don’t think he went straight to an Amazon colo to find his Twitter racks and start pulling shit out like a child? 

He'd get tackled by security if he actually tried to touch anything in an actual AWS datacenter. Twitter, as far as I'm aware, runs fully on an AWS backend. That is, Twitter isn't renting out datacenter space from Amazon, they're fully utilizing the platform. I know for sure that's how they keep themselves online from DDoS attacks.

Musk reminds me of a conversation I was having with a very confused former colleague. He had asked me where the files for this share I had setup were being stored. I respond, it's in Azure Gov. He's like, yeah, but what's the name of the server it's on? He didn't seem to appreciate me saying "No idea, it's probably some serial number that only makes sense to some engineer in like Virginia or something."

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

He'd get tackled by security if he actually tried to touch anything in an actual AWS datacenter. Twitter, as far as I'm aware, runs fully on an AWS backend. That is, Twitter isn't renting out datacenter space from Amazon, they're fully utilizing the platform. I know for sure that's how they keep themselves online from DDoS attacks.

Musk reminds me of a conversation I was having with a very confused former colleague. He had asked me where the files for this share I had setup were being stored. I respond, it's in Azure Gov. He's like, yeah, but what's the name of the server it's on? He didn't seem to appreciate me saying "No idea, it's probably some serial number that only makes sense to some engineer in like Virginia or something."

To be fair based solely on what you've related in this post, I'd assume your former colleague meant something like, what's the sever name I need to put in to do an smb connection into this remote drive? Or am I completely missing the mark here?

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

To be fair based solely on what you've related in this post, I'd assume your former colleague meant something like, what's the sever name I need to put in to do an smb connection into this remote drive? Or am I completely missing the mark here?

Ah, yeah, I can see skipped one important detail. This was the conversation we had after I gave him the string he'd need to connect too the Azure Blob. He was very confused when I gave him something that looked this this yourstuff-dayonepatch.blob.core.azure.gov as opposed to like dayonepatch.com\yourstuff. It took a while to explain that Microsoft doesn't just give me a server and there's no actual server and it's just a part of the cloud without also sounding like an asshole. Like I said, very confused colleague, but at least he was asking questions.