Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

23 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I looked around California and SF is not a particularly highly unionized labor force, only around 5% of private sector employees are union members. Individual people might be more friendly to labor and unionization, but I’m quite sure there are non-union firms that can handle cleaning a building and won’t have a problem not standing with the union cleaning crew.

Too lazy to fact check this but to use my previous example, I think it’s roughly 40% of RNs here are unionized (do not quote me this could easily be off)and it still drives pay to the highest in the nation across private and public sectors. They’re not rewarding 20% pay increases out of the goodness of their hearts. Kaiser just got 22.5%, Seiu went on strike and won everything they asked for last year etc.

Not crossing lines is a major thing culturally here too. This scales down to micro level events.

• Halal 1

Eric Berger

@SciGuySpace

After the briefing, Administrator Bill Nelson told me that he spoke with SpaceX's Gwynne Shotwell last weekend. He asked if Twitter/Musk was going to be a distraction to SpaceX and its commitments to NASA. "She said to me in no uncertain terms, 'I assure you it is not.'"

45 minutes ago, outsida said:

Eric Berger

@SciGuySpace

After the briefing, Administrator Bill Nelson told me that he spoke with SpaceX's Gwynne Shotwell last weekend. He asked if Twitter/Musk was going to be a distraction to SpaceX and its commitments to NASA. "She said to me in no uncertain terms, 'I assure you it is not.'"

Narrator: it was 

• True 1

musk.jpg?fit=1200%2C800&ssl=1&w=640
BOINGBOING.NET

Dave Chappelle had a treat for attendees at his comedy show in San Francisco last night. He brought attention-starved hectobillionaire Elon Musk on stage. Cameras...

Elon got the shit booed out of him. But he isn’t mad. You can’t put in the papers that he’s mad. 

• Haha 2
  • Sicko 1
  • Halal 1

32 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Lol, iPhone users pay more because of course:

They don't have to pay more unless they choose to pay more by using the in-app purchase method:

As reported earlier this week, Twitter is set to increase its charge for iOS users of the service from $7.99 to $11 per month. This due to Apple claiming a 30% commission on in-app purchases, but iOS users will be able to circumvent the added charge if they sign up for Twitter Blue via the web. 

53 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:
BOINGBOING.NET

Dave Chappelle had a treat for attendees at his comedy show in San Francisco last night. He brought attention-starved hectobillionaire Elon Musk on stage. Cameras...

Elon got the shit booed out of him. But he isn’t mad. You can’t put in the papers that he’s mad. 

Two things:

1. I'm reminded of when Roman Reigns won the Rumble and the Philly crowd was PISSED. The Rock was there to raise his arm and salvage the situation but it didn't help.

2. Netflix is about to give Dave more money now.

28 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

They don't have to pay more unless they choose to pay more by using the in-app purchase method:

There are many subscription services that charge more if you sub directly from the iOS app for this very reason. I remember reading something a few years back that said even still a majority of iOS users subbed directly in the app despite being able to sub from the web browser in the very same device. The human mind is something else

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:
BOINGBOING.NET

spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1