Fallout (Amazon Prime, 11 April 2024) - $25 million California tax credit implies renewal for second season

WWW.IGN.COM

The first images of Prime Video's Fallout series have been unveiled and fans actually seem pretty hyped, impressed with the accuracy of weapon and outfit designs and...

While we're still awaiting an official trailer, the drop of new images has been met with largley positive reactions, a lot of whom are mostly just impressed that the weapon and outfit designs seem to be ripped straight out of the games the show is based on. Even Walton Goggins’ Ghoul character looks like a one-to-one copy of the kinds of characters one might have met in an entry like Fallout 4, for example.

“Wow, they really pulled out all the stops,” Reddit user superanth said. “They're using the (Fallout 4) Vault Suits with the radiation meter (which is the best version IMHO), (they) have Goggins made up as a ghoul perfectly, the power armor is gloriously accurate (there's no mini-gun, but they did use a jacketed machine gun, which is canon), and the fracking Prydwen is there!! This show is going to be awesome!”

I agree that it looks great!

On 11/28/2023 at 7:54 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

There had better bloody well be NCR representation!

You say that now, until it happens and it is unrecognizable from the NCR in the games and in a worse way. 

I have little faith in these projects until they actually come out and are good. For every Last of Us we get way more Halos. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Fallout (Amazon Prime, 12 April 2024) - Official Teaser Trailer
  • 3 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Fallout (Amazon Prime, 12 April 2024) - Official Trailer
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Fallout (Amazon Prime, 11 April 2024) - Official Trailer, all episodes to release simultaneously
16 minutes ago, elbobo said:

Has amazon done an all episode drop for a big show before? Can't tell if that is a good or bad sign.

Trailer looks good to me though. 

I'd bet almost anything it's to annoy people with the new ad thing enough to get them to do the $3/month sub BS. "Binge this... with a 60 second ad every 10 minutes!"

19 minutes ago, elbobo said:

Has amazon done an all episode drop for a big show before? Can't tell if that is a good or bad sign.

Trailer looks good to me though. 

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I'd bet almost anything it's to annoy people with the new ad thing enough to get them to do the $3/month sub BS. "Binge this... with a 60 second ad every 10 minutes!"

Mr. and Mrs. Smith was a full season drop and had shockingly few ads, only at the very beginning of each episode. 

Continues to look pretty good.

As far as the all episode drop is concerned, I feel like either your show is big enough or marketed sufficiently to be a cultural touchstone, or you're probably getting better viewership numbers by just dropping the whole season. I don't think it necessarily is an indication of quality as it might be their estimation that the show will become some kind of mass market hit.

29 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Continues to look pretty good.

As far as the all episode drop is concerned, I feel like either your show is big enough or marketed sufficiently to be a cultural touchstone, or you're probably getting better viewership numbers by just dropping the whole season. I don't think it necessarily is an indication of quality as it might be their estimation that the show will become some kind of mass market hit.

This is exactly what Reacher did, first season was dumped all at once and season 2 was a weekly release 

• 2 weeks later...