Console Ownership

JPDunks4

Consoles Purchased  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How many Consoles have you purchased...

• 1 Xbox One (One/S/X)
    • 2 Xbox One's (One/S/X)
    • 3 Xbox's One's (One/S/X)
    • 4+ Xbox's One's (One/S/X)
    • 1 PS4 (PS4/Slim/Pro)
    • 2 PS4's (PS4/Slim/Pro)
    • 3 PS4's (PS4/Slim/Pro)
    • 4+ PS4's (PS4/Slim/Pro)
    • 1 Switch (Switch/Lite)
    • 2 Switch's (Switch/Lite)
    • 3 Switch's (Switch/Lite)
    • 4+ Switch's (Switch/Lite)

Always been kind of curious about this.

How many of each console family have you actually purchased.

The PS4 sold numbers got me thinking about how many individual users have bought the consoles.  106 Million sold, 1 billion games sold, means 10 avg games sold per PS4.  33 Million PS4+ Members or whatever it was.  I know some users probably own hundreds of PS4 games.  To avg 10 games would mean a lot of people own only 1-2.

During the 360 Era, how many people had to purchase multiple Xbox 360's due to RROD.  I think they sold like 80 million total during the 360 gen, but how many of those were people forced to buy a 2nd console due to the failure rate.  I think I owned like 6 Xbox 360's over its life cycle.

So how many people purchase the new sku's of their favorite consoles.  How many people buy multiple consoles for their home.  

For me personally, I've probably bought 11 Xbox Ones by now. 

6 Xbox One, 2 for my house, 2 for my parents home, 2 for my parents 2nd home.

3 Xbox One S's.  Replace my Xbox Ones.

2 Xbox One X's.  Replace S's

1 PS4

1 Switch

1 Switch Lite

The only time I ever bought more than one console from the same company during a generation was the 360 because my original red ringed. I have no desire to ever buy a smaller or beefed up version of a console. The only way I’d do it is if they dropped the generation model and followed the smart phone route and I was forced to do it. 

2 Xbox One (XBO, XBX)

1 PS4

1 Switch

I've only ever owned one of each console. The Xbox One X was the first time I've ever purchased a new console while still owning another. I bought a Falcon Xbox 360 back when they came out because they had the built-in HDMI ports and weren't prone to RROD, but when I did I sold my old one.

Still have my OG Xbox, PS3, PS2, 360, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Wii, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance SP, and N64.

PS4 - Bought at launch and traded it in for

PS4 Pro - GameStop had a good deal so I upgraded hoping it would be quieter. 
Xbox One - Won it and later sold It

Xbox One X - Won this one as well

Switch - bought at launch.  Will sell if a Pro comes out. 

11 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

PS4 - Bought at launch and traded it in for

PS4 Pro - GameStop had a good deal so I upgraded hoping it would be quieter. 
Xbox One - Won it and later sold It

Xbox One X - Won this one as well

Switch - bought at launch.  Will sell if a Pro comes out. 

You eat a lot of Taco Bell or something...? haha

I didn't think of the used console market when thinking about this.  I didn't resell any of my old Xbox's, just gave them to friends or family, which I guess is a new unique user that didn't technically purchase a console initially, even if they upgraded it as well later.

The 360 is probably the one console that may have benefited a lot from double or even triple purchases, as well as the redesigns.

Had to think about it for a sec and Holy Shit I’ve bought a few (including trade ins as partly covered rest with cash)

4 Xbox One (Launch system, Trade in ‘S’, Trade in ‘X’ and gift for friend)

2 PS4 (launch and trade in for Slim)

2 Nintendo Switch (launch and Xmas gift for sister)

I voted 1 ps4 and 1 switch but I totally forgot that I still own a PS4 Annversary unit I bought to collect. :s

Technically if we are counting all the times we bought one then, I did actually buy about 4 ps4 on launch but 3 were all sold (at cost) to coworkers who were needing help getting units. I still have my launch unit which has been good enough for me. I then as mention bought a PS4 20th Anniversary system that is still sealed in it's shipping box. For switch I bought one a launch but later sold it for my current switch lite. 

I wen't far too overboard in past generations (lets just say I own more 3DS units then my actual age and a few vitas even after selling some off) so I toned it down this gen and there is a high probably I won't be jumping in on the next one till much later (I've still got tons of 3DS games to catch up on and a few Yakuza games to finish on the PS4).

I bought a PS4 at launch and a One shortly after. 

Upgraded the PS4 to a Pro when it came out and the One to a One S for the 4K Blu Ray functionality. 
Bought a One X when it came out I sold the One S and the PS4 Pro 

Last month I sold the One X in preparation for the Series X because I will use my PC this year. 

360 I went through 4 I think. Original Pro, Falcon revision, Elite,  then a Slim. 

2 PS4s - original one I ended up selling when I was temporarily tight on money. Later bought a pro.

1 Xbox One S - waited until I could get one cheap, mostly to use with Game Pass.

1 Switch - original, probably won’t end up buying another one unless they do something crazy with a new model.