Roe officially overturned, shocking no one given the leak earlier

220630091115-03-biden-nato-presser-0630-
WWW.CNN.COM

President Joe Biden said on Thursday that he would support making an exception to the filibuster -- the 60-vote threshold in the Senate needed to pass most legislation -- in order to codify abortion rights and the right to privacy through legislation passed by Congress.

19 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:
?url=http%3A%2F%2Fewscripps-brightspot.s
WWW.KTVQ.COM

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem on Sunday defended her state's abortion trigger law that took effect after the Supreme Court's decision to strip away the constitutional right to an abortion.

Unborn baby will feel bad but the mother, don't worry about her!

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, if your partner is liberal, it's 95% they are pro choice. I don't know a lot of conservative people who have progressive partners. Its so divided down an alt-right line that the people targeted aren't affected, because those who do have partners have partners as crazy as them who support this decision.

Democrats kicked the can when Obama had 60 votes. This is the fault of the party, not its voters.

Probably didn't have the votes to do it back then, Manchin voted against the bill they put up just a few months ago.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:
?url=http%3A%2F%2Fewscripps-brightspot.s
WWW.KTVQ.COM

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem on Sunday defended her state's abortion trigger law that took effect after the Supreme Court's decision to strip away the constitutional right to an abortion.

If you're the product of both...

_125712666_gettyimages-1241517107.jpg
WWW.BBC.COM

A Florida judge has granted a temporary injunction against a law banning abortions after 15 weeks

In a win for pro-choice activists, a Florida judge has blocked a state law banning abortions after 15 weeks.

The controversial law signed in April by Governor Ron DeSantis, was set to go into effect tomorrow, and made no exceptions in cases of rape or incest.

The decision comes amid a flurry of state legal battles following the US Supreme Court decision to overturn the constitutional right to abortion.

The state is expected to appeal to the Florida Supreme Court.

Florida is one of 11 US states that protect abortion access in their own state constitutions.

On Thursday, Leon County circuit judge John Cooper granted a temporary injunction to the law, which was legally challenged earlier in June by a coalition of pro-choice groups and clinics.

Florida actually does have a "right to privacy" provision written into the state constitution.

6 hours ago, brucoe said:

So, one of my female friends on Facebook posted an update that says until men start legislating for women's rights, sex is completely off the table. So basically, her argument is that all men need to start doing stuff that women want or her current boyfriend, who is probably more Democrat than she is, gets none. That's gonna solve a lot.

Yeah, I’ve seen this going around in the progressive groups I’m in on FB. It’s stupid. Not sure what else my pro-choice husband is supposed to do. 

That said, I’m really pushing him to get a vasectomy and he keeps waffling. 

7 hours ago, brucoe said:

So, one of my female friends on Facebook posted an update that says until men start legislating for women's rights, sex is completely off the table. So basically, her argument is that all men need to start doing stuff that women want or her current boyfriend, who is probably more Democrat than she is, gets none. That's gonna solve a lot.

Reenacting Lysistrata I see.

3 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

I got a vasectomy a few years back.  We have one child and that is enough for us. It cost us like $50 with insurance to get it done.  It's a no brainer.  More men should do it!

Or just be me and never, ever try and date anyone.  It's perfectly free!

To be clear, Biden cutting a deal for whatever in exchange for replacing a judge with one of McConnell's picks in a state with already strict abortion laws is NOT him being good on the courts. This isn't a poison pill that should be accepted by anyone and Biden should be criticized for this, just like he should be criticized for his multitude of failings on the issue of abortion. 

Society needs to end the stigma on abortion, and more people need to view it as a viable option for birth control. As long as the religious right keep getting their say in it though, I don't think that'll happen any time soon. 

• Halal 2

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Society needs to end the stigma on abortion, and more people need to view it as a viable option for birth control. As long as the religious right keep getting their say in it though, I don't think that'll happen any time soon. 

We're barely at the point where there isn't a stigma on natural miscarriages. We'll get there eventually...probably...if the sun doesn't swallow us whole.

• True 1

4 hours ago, CayceG said:

To be clear, Biden cutting a deal for whatever in exchange for replacing a judge with one of McConnell's picks in a state with already strict abortion laws is NOT him being good on the courts. This isn't a poison pill that should be accepted by anyone and Biden should be criticized for this, just like he should be criticized for his multitude of failings on the issue of abortion. 

The deal is horrible

• Guillotine 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brick said:

The people I know who are most against abortion see it as simply murdering babies, and I don’t know if anything will ever change that. The idea that it’s just another form of birth control is part of what makes it so evil to these people. They build up this idea that all abortions are just loose women having casual sex, and if they get pregnant, “well I’ll just murder this precious gift from God and go skipping along like it’s nothing” and it’s just the worst thing they can imagine. 

If anything needs a signal boost, it’s the stories of abortions being life saving medical procedures for the mothers. 

• Halal 1