Roe officially overturned, shocking no one given the leak earlier

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

the gop and scotus continuing to take a hit in public opinion is what we love to see. 

Hope it has an effect on the mid terms but the economy is probably the bigger concern for most. Hopefully though it means less people will just go economy bad so I must vote for the other party.

On 7/7/2022 at 4:47 AM, BloodyHell said:

Biden has done nothing, he refuses to even attempt to use his power, still pining for the lie that is bipartisanship while they ride a damned red wave into Mid Terms. To hell with Biden, and Hillary and RBG too. I'm not going to relitigate 2016, but her loss was her fault.

On 7/7/2022 at 5:33 AM, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Like I would like Biden to do something, literally about anything, but I think a massive failure of leadership is that there’s been little to no movement to try and codify the cases where Thomas explicitly said they’re going to revisit. Believe me I know that codifying doesn’t constrain this court in any way but daring republicans to vote against gay marriage, the right to contraception, legal sodomy (effectively legalizing homosexuality), and throw in interracial marriage just to see what nutbags vote against it in an election year is worth doing. 

biden-gty-rc-220708_1657292041757_hpMain
ABCNEWS.GO.COM

Biden has faced pressure from fellow Democrats to take more forceful action since the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade.

• Halal 1

27 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

ABCNEWS.GO.COM

Biden has faced pressure from fellow Democrats to take more forceful action since the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade.

"What am I talking about? Veterans hospitals, military bases and other places where the federal government controls the jurisdiction in some of the states that are hostile to women's rights, and make sure that those services can be available to other women," New York Gov. Kathy Hochul suggested.

The White House didn't seem too enthusiastic about the idea, stating it could have "dangerous ramifications." The suggestion will not be included in Biden's executive order.

What "dangerous ramifications" could possibly come from making abortion services available to women from federally controlled vet hospitals and military bases?

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

What "dangerous ramifications" could possibly come from making abortion services available to women from federally controlled vet hospitals and military bases?

Government can provide healthcare for it's citizens. 

Just now, Zaku3 said:

Government can provide healthcare for it's citizens. 

I just hate journalists take these sort of quotes and then just run with them with absolutely no push back. Nobody just scratching their head and asking "Can you give us an example of one of those dangerous ramifications?"

5 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I just hate journalists take these sort of quotes and then just run with them with absolutely no push back. Nobody just scratching their head and asking "Can you give us an example of one of those dangerous ramifications?"

It's because they are "in" on it. Like they won't provide push back to power because they want access to power and all the benefits that entails. 

Lol just typing that makes me realize most of em are going directly gulags. Do not pass go do not collect 200 dollars.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

ABCNEWS.GO.COM

Good start, but striking that it took two weeks to come up with this given we knew more than a month beforehand the outcome

220706153940-01-joe-biden-cleveland-0706
WWW.CNN.COM

President Joe Biden on Friday signed an executive order aimed at protecting access to reproductive health services in the wake of the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade and eliminating the constitutional right to an abortion.

Bullet pointed since no one here is going to bother to see what was in the order.

Here's what's in the executive order that was signed Friday:
    • The President is directing Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra to submit a report to him within 30 days on the actions his department is taking on the matter. The President is also establishing an interagency task force on reproductive health care access, which will include Attorney General Merrick Garland.
    • HHS will take action to expand access to emergency contraception and long-acting reversible contraception like intrauterine devices, or IUDs, according to the White House. The department is tasked with ensuring patients have access to "the full rights and protections for emergency medical care afforded under the law" and the President has directed Becerra to consider updating guidance that clarifies physician responsibilities and protections under the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act. Garland has also issued a statement saying states cannot ban Mifepristone -- a medication used to end early pregnancy that has FDA approval.
      • The department will ramp up outreach and public education efforts on abortion "to ensure that Americans have access to reliable and accurate information about their rights and access to care."
      • In preparation for expected legal challenges ahead, the attorney general and the White House counsel are convening private pro bono attorneys and organizations to provide more legal representation to those lawfully seeking abortions as well as those providing them.
      • The executive order also focuses on protecting patient privacy. The President is asking the chair of the Federal Trade Commission to consider taking steps to protect consumer privacy when seeking information about reproductive health care services. Biden has also directed Becerra, in consultation with Garland and the FTC, to consider options to address deceptive or fraudulent practices and protect access to accurate information.
      • The President is directing HHS to consider additional actions to safeguard sensitive information related to reproductive health care, including under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. Becerra has directed the HHS Office for Civil Rights to issue new guidance related to the HIPAA Privacy Rule to clarify that doctors and medical providers are in most cases not required -- and in many instances not permitted -- to disclose the private information of patients, including to law enforcement. The office will also issue a guide for consumers on how to protect personal data on mobile apps.
      • The order also looks to ensure the safety of those seeking as well as providing abortion care, including by protecting mobile clinics that have been deployed to provide care for out-of-state patients.

5 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

its why they have been working so hard to rig/gerrymander/suppress.  they know that their unpopular decisions will fuck them

It will only fuck them if people get off their asses and vote for the shit they claim to care about rather than bitching online and then taking their ball and going home. It's how we got Trump in the first place who TOLD everyone he was going to appoint justices to the Court that would overturn Roe and it fucked him RIGHT into The White House.. He literally said it... yet that same public in that poll voted him in anyway :shrug:

• True 2

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Doesn't Planned Parenthood do that already? At least for condoms?

Yeah I've heard that. But just saying make them available for free any place you go just not one place. (Like any place with a pharmacy like a wal-mart or CVS or something)

There was a planned parenthood near me but they moved. Last thing I remember all those pro birth people outside with their abortion picture signs. :/

On 7/7/2022 at 8:36 AM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

If you're interested in contributing to the Michigan ballot initiative effort:

1c96a6ed-0be7-4475-9a6c-9f0dbbd75097-MIR
      T.CO

Show your support with a contribution.

They're going to route of up to viability. That should work in Michigan. Opponents are already attacking it as not being consistent with what the majority thinks about abortion and are highlighting the ultra rare extreme cases on the fringe. Likewise though, most don't support outright bans. 

I hope pro-choice advocates are a bit flexible when they get to redder states, but somehow I have a feeling they won't be and they may actually end up losing some ballots.

43 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

My school had a big party bowl of condoms AND lube at the front desk. Needless to say, it never even got touched.

Knowing what some of my friends got up to in highschool (and I mean goofy antics, not sexual exploits) I could see them grabbing a handful out of that bowl and staring straight into the eyes of whoever was sitting at the front desk.

10 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Assuming you can get past the Hyde Amendment, which you possibly can, Biden isn't willing to pay chicken with McConnel who'll want it stopped before anything passes. Biden isn't that guy. 

So you may have heard or seen in right wing media that “no one knows who the 10 year old rape victim is” (like we need to know the fucking victim and not the rapist) of the girl who had to leave Ohio and go to Indiana for an abortion. Well I’m very pleased to say that an arrest has been made

c0989e91-7e18-4c1b-8c50-089a50d15d21-Get
      WWW.DISPATCH.COM

The man was arraigned in Ohio. The case has led to national attention in the abortion debate following the Supreme Court decision on Roe v. Wade.

Lock his ass up 

9 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

So you may have heard or seen in right wing media that “no one knows who the 10 year old rape victim is” (like we need to know the fucking victim and not the rapist) of the girl who had to leave Ohio and go to Indiana for an abortion. Well I’m very pleased to say that an arrest has been made

c0989e91-7e18-4c1b-8c50-089a50d15d21-Get
      WWW.DISPATCH.COM

The man was arraigned in Ohio. The case has led to national attention in the abortion debate following the Supreme Court decision on Roe v. Wade.

Lock his ass up 

yeah right wing media was basically saying this was made up.