Roe officially overturned, shocking no one given the leak earlier

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

This is the bullshit I was wondering about before. It really is for medical emergencies only, and not for just a woman's health being at risk. There's are so many reasons a pregnancy can be a risk to a woman's health and these laws are literally based on thinking real life is like TV where we don't know it's going to be a risk until a woman is already hemorrhaging and literally on the verge of death.

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

This is the bullshit I was wondering about before. It really is for medical emergencies only, and not for just a woman's health being at risk. There's are so many reasons a pregnancy can be a risk to a woman's health and these laws are literally based on thinking real life is like TV where we don't know it's going to be a risk until a woman is already hemorrhaging and literally on the verge of death.

Yep. My wife’s OB has alluded that if she were to get pregnant again she may bleed out during birth. Not a risk we’re willing to take. I’m getting my vasectomy soon but it won’t fully take until November. I’m glad that in Virginia we’re safe for now should it happen but we’re not unique and there are others not as fortunate as we are

33 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Look at the tiktok video, that story sounds horrifying.

(You don't need sound the text is on screen)

On 6/27/2022 at 11:06 AM, PaladinSolo said:

Typically the minority party doesn't get their way in a midterm. I don't know if that changes this year, but considering we're at a point where the "minority" party is taking away a popular right, there is some basis that it could change the fundamentals of this year.

I certainly hope so. They need to hammer this home.

On 6/28/2022 at 10:55 AM, Kal-El814 said:

Fucking of course they want a national ban, I don't understand why they're cowards about admitting this whole cloth. 

Because in the past 10 years, when they don't go coward, they lose. See: 2012 with Akin and Murdock.

On 6/28/2022 at 10:09 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

It’s almost like there’s something different with 2022’s political climate compared to 2012’s…

I'm not sure I'm following you here. You want to know why they're cowards about their true intentions, right?

That's why. The "pro-life" position hasn't improved in 10 years and if anything has gotten worse.

God, Biden sucks. I mean he's better than Trump, obviously, and I'm glad he won, but I wish it was someone else as the Democratic nominee, someone better, more progressive, and more assertive and proactive who will actually fight back against the GOP. 

• Halal 4

8 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

I think it's fair to assume it was part of the horse trading for the gun regulation.

McConnell clearly won the horse trading considering Biden has to eat political shit doing this right after the Roe repeal. 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, finaljedi said:

Doesn't that bump into Full Faith and Credit?  Though I suppose that's up to this Supreme Court to interpret, can't wait to read what Alito and Thomas think about that...

There’s nothing in the constitution about freedom of travel or anything related. The only saving grace may be kavs concurrence where Roberts would be sure to join blocking this nonsense but that’s not written in stone by any means

3 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

There’s nothing in the constitution about freedom of travel or anything related. The only saving grace may be kavs concurrence where Roberts would be sure to join blocking this nonsense but that’s not written in stone by any means

I'm just not sure how they get jurisdiction to make an act committed in another state that's legal in that state something they can prosecute when they go back home.  Like I'm pretty sure I can't get busted for possession in Ohio if I smoke weed in Michigan and don't bring any back with me.

13 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I'm just not sure how they get jurisdiction to make an act committed in another state that's legal in that state something they can prosecute when they go back home.  Like I'm pretty sure I can't get busted for possession in Ohio if I smoke weed in Michigan and don't bring any back with me.

I'm pretty sure the federal sex tourism laws cover going abroad to bang kids even if it's legal to bang kids in the country you're going to. And I think they can nab you for say going across lines to bang a 16 year old even if the age of consent is 16 in the state you're going to? I could see this SCOTUS opening up the clusterfuck of what it looks like when you let states enforce this shit against each other's residents. 

10 hours ago, Jason said:

malarkey

Hes so fucking useless, i'd say impeach him for being useless, but Kamala was giving an interview where she basically didn't back doing anything to the point even the interviewer seemed to be shocked and just told people they need to vote in november, like how are these people so fucking bad at politics.

So, one of my female friends on Facebook posted an update that says until men start legislating for women's rights, sex is completely off the table. So basically, her argument is that all men need to start doing stuff that women want or her current boyfriend, who is probably more Democrat than she is, gets none. That's gonna solve a lot.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, brucoe said:

So, one of my female friends on Facebook posted an update that says until men start legislating for women's rights, sex is completely off the table. So basically, her argument is that all men need to start doing stuff that women want or her current boyfriend, who is probably more Democrat than she is, gets none. That's gonna solve a lot.

Maybe the boyfriend's fetish is being publicly cucked. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jason said:

So this is a trade for the gun bill?

19 minutes ago, brucoe said:

I doubt this gets a ton of traction.

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The biggest logistical issue with a sex strike is that many GOP chuds aren't already getting any.

I mean, if your partner is liberal, it's 95% they are pro choice. I don't know a lot of conservative people who have progressive partners. Its so divided down an alt-right line that the people targeted aren't affected, because those who do have partners have partners as crazy as them who support this decision.

Democrats kicked the can when Obama had 60 votes. This is the fault of the party, not its voters.

• True 1