Roe officially overturned, shocking no one given the leak earlier

1 minute ago, brucoe said:

That's where I come out whenever the discussion is made. I have zero desire to use the N-word in any conversation. It's like white people want to use the word just to say it, but don't think through whether or not it's necessary, or even a good idea.

Yeah the only time I would want to be able to say it (and not actually want, just a desire because it fits into the whole thing) is with song lyrics. But...I mainly listen to various forms of either 90s alt/grunge-rock, or modern indie rock, so not really an issue. The only example that comes to mind is Dave Chappelle's Tupuc song:

What can a n---- do when half the people voted for George W
It's a bitch, fuck George W. -- can't be true --
I wanna choke him, because he's a snitch
I'm talking about George W. Smith
From city council, he ran in '93
Out in Oakland, you probably didn't hear about him

4 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I remember a looooooooot of conversations in high school about whether or not rap was "technically music" amongst the whitest people you will ever see.

Jokes on us! Rap and hip hop have literally replaced the traditional “rock band”

• Like 1
  • True 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

lol.  So what you're really saying is I'm so white my whole family is racist! lol.  I kid, my youth was the same

The hood didn't truly take me under until HS. The days of rapping while walking the halls to the next class.

Sometimes I remember how white you all are and how I grew up in a city that was 85% black/brown. I had, like, two white friends growing up. Calling each other the n-word in the 80s and 90s at the height of the rise of gangsta rap was fairly common. I will admit, it still slips out among friends and family, but twenty years of corporate America has done a good job polite-ing my speech.

1 hour ago, ThreePi said:

Probably not the greatest thing to share, but there is video of me from about 15 years ago back when I was in college singing the first few lines of "Fuck tha Police" including the n-word. 🤫

well if you ever want to know if it’s still out there to be found just run for public office. 

• Haha 2
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, ThreePi said:

Probably not the greatest thing to share, but there is video of me from about 15 years ago back when I was in college singing the first few lines of "Fuck tha Police" including the n-word. 🤫

You are hereby canceled. 

51 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

well if you ever want to know if it’s still out there to be found just run for public office. 

My god they didn’t see the yearbook photos of my last governor (who was either in a klan outfit or blackface—no one knows!) until we’ll after he was governor so you should be fine

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Sometimes I remember how white you all are and how I grew up in a city that was 85% black/brown. I had, like, two white friends growing up. Calling each other the n-word in the 80s and 90s at the height of the rise of gangsta rap was fairly common. I will admit, it still slips out among friends and family, but twenty years of corporate America has done a good job polite-ing my speech.

For me Paterson is mainly Latino. I only had 2 black classmates during elementary school. They joined late and got expelled. 

However in high school there was more of a mix. The school closed down after my sophmore year and a Catholic school in Madison took alot of us in. I went to Don Bosco Prep for my 1st semister of junior year and then left for Bayley Ellard. So that is when the hood took me under. I remember liking it because at the time I sucked at (and still do) at dating so nice to have songs talking about something else.

Damn I am gonna have to add rap music and George Carlin for my leftism.

3 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

It's not out in the wide internet. It was taken by a friend when a group of us were driving up to Michigan for a weekend. We stopped for gas and there was something wrong with the pump so we paid the attendant but it didn't "close" the transaction. So an hour or two after we drove off we got a call from one friend's mom (who owned the car) that the gas station guy reported we didn't pay gas to the police. We were going through the videos of the trip a couple years ago.

8 hours ago, ThreePi said:

As long as you weren't using the hard R I think you'll be fine.

All the liberals whining and crying about Biden not doing something makes my eyes roll into the back of my head. Motherfuckers the time to do something was 2016 but yall didn't show up for Hillary so this is what we have now. She fucking told you what would happen. But "they both suck so I'm voting for Jill Stein." Lay in your bed and take it bitches.

The people who are both whining about Biden not saving them and didn't vote for Hillary should be sent to Black Dolphin.

• True 2
  • Halal 2
  • Sicko Sherman 2

4 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

All the liberals whining and crying about Biden not doing something makes my eyes roll into the back of my head. Motherfuckers the time to do something was 2016 but yall didn't show up for Hillary so this is what we have now. She fucking told you what would happen. But "they both suck so I'm voting for Jill Stein." Lay in your bed and take it bitches.

The people who are both whining about Biden not saving them and didn't vote for Hillary should be sent to Black Dolphin.

Maybe she should have told multiple cancer survivor and 80+ year old RBG what would happen in 2014 that would have made a far bigger difference than anything 100k+ morons (green  party voters) could do, and would be easier to boot

(both the morons and RBG got us to where we are, ftr)

What nonsense.

The dems aren't even doing anything. Nancy Pelosi advisers telling her to "value signal" while begging for money and avoiding actual action.

Remember when it was, "If we win Georgia, we can help Americans!"

Biden has done nothing, he refuses to even attempt to use his power, still pining for the lie that is bipartisanship while they ride a damned red wave into Mid Terms. To hell with Biden, and Hillary and RBG too. I'm not going to relitigate 2016, but her loss was her fault.

Like I would like Biden to do something, literally about anything, but I think a massive failure of leadership is that there’s been little to no movement to try and codify the cases where Thomas explicitly said they’re going to revisit. Believe me I know that codifying doesn’t constrain this court in any way but daring republicans to vote against gay marriage, the right to contraception, legal sodomy (effectively legalizing homosexuality), and throw in interracial marriage just to see what nutbags vote against it in an election year is worth doing. 

• Halal 2

How the Democrats are approaching this today is why the Republicans win as much as they do.  They throw meat to their base constantly.  Trump instituted his awful travel ban, took money from military base improvements to build his idiotic wall, appointed justices who overturned Roe v Wade.  The Senate Republicans are effective at using the filibuster to stop anything meaningful the Democrats send down the pipe.  The only Democrats who even signal that they're up for a fight are the progressive ones who don't get a seat at the adult table, because they're the ones who know The West Wing was a fictional TV show.

People are worried, they came for abortion and Thomas signaled that they want to come for gay rights and contraception next, they look to the party in power that stands against all of this and out comes the leaders telling people to vote in November and give them $26 before they even try anything.  No one can act surprised when the options are one side doing bad things and the other side doing very little causes people to disengage from the process.

• Like 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 3

6 hours ago, finaljedi said:

How the Democrats are approaching this today is why the Republicans win as much as they do.  They throw meat to their base constantly.  Trump instituted his awful travel ban, took money from military base improvements to build his idiotic wall, appointed justices who overturned Roe v Wade.  The Senate Republicans are effective at using the filibuster to stop anything meaningful the Democrats send down the pipe.  The only Democrats who even signal that they're up for a fight are the progressive ones who don't get a seat at the adult table, because they're the ones who know The West Wing was a fictional TV show.

People are worried, they came for abortion and Thomas signaled that they want to come for gay rights and contraception next, they look to the party in power that stands against all of this and out comes the leaders telling people to vote in November and give them $26 before they even try anything.  No one can act surprised when the options are one side doing bad things and the other side doing very little causes people to disengage from the process.

The Democrats don't really have a base. Its a uneasy colitition of everyone that isn't a Republican so throwing red meat is far less effective.

And as it stands now with filibuster still in place and shitstains like Sinema and Manchin refusing to doing anything, and the Supreme Court being the god wizards of this country there isn't a whole lot Biden can do.  

One thing you can say about conservatives is they truly understand the importance of the Supreme Court. The democrats that were too dumb to understand that and need to be motivated because they are lazy pieces of shit and now whining about what happened are why we are at where we are at. We need to understand that this is how things are going to be for at least most of the rest of my life. 

• Halal 1

5 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:
AAZgOFD.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=
WWW.MSN.COM

A Utah lawmaker responded to a constituent asking about abortion by telling her it is "the barbaric slaughter of innocent unborn children."

Mcdonald, who describes herself as “pro-liberty”

I am sure i am being harsh but this sounds like " I am a republican and dont wanna be associated with the Left but I also want abortions"

Mississippi consistently ranks near the bottom in every ranking, education, health care, infant mortality. Everything. But yeah, abortion is the real issue. Just more proof that Republicans don’t give a flying fuck about any actual human being. And if that’s what American Christianity is all about?? Well, that’s all you need to know then.