Roe officially overturned, shocking no one given the leak earlier

8 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Yeeeeaaahhhh - let's not go there.

Us honkies have no business making that insinuation at all.

As I said, easy for dunking to turn in to racism/sexism/etc. There are plenty of racially neutral ways for white people to criticize Thomas, and we can probably just leave it to Black folks to decide if Thomas is still invited to the family cookout or not.

11 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

As I said, easy for dunking to turn in to racism/sexism/etc. There are plenty of racially neutral ways for white people to criticize Thomas, and we can probably just leave it to Black folks to decide if Thomas is still invited to the family cookout or not.

I’d check Black Twitter but all I see on the App Store is regular Twitter. 

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Didn't Samuel L Jackson already say that? Honkies have permission after that!

That's probably who I first heard it from. Either someone here or elsewhere I saw post it. But yeah, I'll wait to see if I have permission to use it :p

30 minutes ago, Brick said:

That's probably who I first heard it from. Either someone here or elsewhere I saw post it. But yeah, I'll wait to see if I have permission to use it :p

I can all but assure you that us melanin-challenged individuals don't have permission to use it, even if we're told that we can by each and every black person on the planet.  At all.  Ever.

• True 1

This always reminds me of a question Coates asked a white person in response to their question to him about whether it’s OK for white people to say the N-word when singing along to a rap/hip hop song.

”Why do you want to be able to say it?”

Just to be clear, I don't want to say it. I made a joke after (probably) seeing that Samuel L. Jackson Tweet a few days ago, it's pointed out that I really shouldn't use the term, and OK fair enough, I won't. Lesson learned. Done. 

• Halal 2

9 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Listen, as the resident Italian, I’ll clear this up: we call Clarence “shit head”, “piece of shit”, or “someone I wouldn’t piss on if he was on fire”.

Is it okay for me as a white person (of mixed Ukrainian/Welsh descent) to do the "Italian" voice while pinching my fingers and thumb together whenever I talk about pasta? My understanding is that white-on-white accent use is acceptable.

26 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Is it okay for me as a white person (of mixed Ukrainian/Welsh descent) to do the "Italian" voice while pinching my fingers and thumb together whenever I talk about pasta? My understanding is that white-on-white accent use is acceptable.

Only if you grow a moustache and wear this hat

spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Halal 2

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Anyone who writes DEMS IN DISARRAY think pieces can toss every last millimeter of my salad. If your opening salvo is about blue check or celebrity (or god forbid, both) handwringing, I'm not wiping beforehand.

I mean, what about the women on the street asking the dems when they'll stop begging for money and do something.

This administration is in trouble, and that's really bad. Literally for the whole world. While I don't actually believe the USA uddenly becomes a dictatorship in 2024, its definitely begun the slide towards it. 

I'm hoping cheeseburger greese causes a Coronary before 2024, and Trump becomes irrelevant to the conversation, but we also need to sober up the country. Honestly, I wish some solar event would fry the internet, and every circuit that helps run it. It seems the unabomber wasn't wrong (aside from the bombs part, that was definitely wrong), his manifesto pretty much predicts our current dilemma. We used technology to destroy ourselves, and the method isn't a superweapon, but the ability to talk to everyone, everywhere. Its created amazing benefits, and then it broke us. 

3 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, what about the women on the street asking the dems when they'll stop begging for money and do something.

This administration is in trouble, and that's really bad. Literally for the whole world. While I don't actually believe the USA uddenly becomes a dictatorship in 2024, its definitely begun the slide towards it. 

I'm hoping cheeseburger greese causes a Coronary before 2024, and Trump becomes irrelevant to the conversation, but we also need to sober up the country. Honestly, I wish some solar event would fry the internet, and every circuit that helps run it. It seems the unabomber wasn't wrong (aside from the bombs part, that was definitely wrong), his manifesto pretty much predicts our current dilemma. We used technology to destroy ourselves, and the method isn't a superweapon, but the ability to talk to everyone, everywhere. Its created amazing benefits, and then it broke us. 

I don’t buy this. If the internet broke us, it would have broke every democracy on Earth. The problem isn’t the internet, it’s us. We have a garbage culture and society and always have. All the internet has done is accelerate our inevitable dissolution 

• True 2

29 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

If Trump dies I hope you’re ready for dictator DeSantis

28 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

I don’t buy this. If the internet broke us, it would have broke every democracy on Earth. The problem isn’t the internet, it’s us. We have a garbage culture and society and always have. All the internet has done is accelerate our inevitable dissolution 

I think both are probably true; the internet allows existing division to be easily stoked, and the US is much more divided than most developed nations. The worst people will say it's about race or wholeness or whatever, but it's realistically more about base beliefs going back centuries (including religion) and urban/rural divide. The same divisions exist in Canada, for example, but are less pronounced/more uneven.

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I think both are probably true; the internet allows existing division to be easily stoked, and the US is much more divided than most developed nations. The worst people will say it's about race or wholeness or whatever, but it's realistically more about base beliefs going back centuries (including religion) and urban/rural divide. The same divisions exist in Canada, for example, but are less pronounced/more uneven.

The only hope is that these belief systems start to converge more as time passes and younger, internet native generations gain more control. In addition to those you mentioned, there is of course the massive generational divide in politics here as well.

2 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

Why aren't the Democrats airing ads nonstop about the Senators who were complicit in Jan 6, and SCOTUS overturning Roe v. Wade?

Biden, Pelosi, and Schumer just aren't up to the challenge honestly. The Dem leadership is basically World War I generals ordering a cavalry charge, they don't understand that the battlefield has changed.

11 hours ago, Uaarkson said:

The USA is no different than any other large democracy. These divisions exist everywhere. UK, Europe and Canada are the same. Canada is just on a smaller scale, and Europe is absolutely full of racism and hatred, but the political class and the media like to pretend it doesn't exist there. Europe, and the UK, ignores a lot (no different than the rest of us). Sure, America turns everything up to 10, but division is far from solely an American problem.

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

The USA is no different than any other large democracy. These divisions exist everywhere. UK, Europe and Canada are the same. Canada is just on a smaller scale, and Europe is absolutely full of racism and hatred, but the political class and the media like to pretend it doesn't exist there. Europe, and the UK, ignores a lot (no different than the rest of us). Sure, America turns everything up to 10, but division is far from solely an American problem.

The degree of difference in the division is what makes the US' situation so bad, and shouldn't be downplayed.

17 hours ago, Jason said:
220704152853-biden-july-4-remarks-super-
AMP.CNN.COM

Debra Messing was fed up. The former "Will & Grace" star was among dozens of celebrity Democratic supporters and activists who joined a call with White House aides last Monday to discuss...

I’m not even going to click that link, because the lede is:

Debra Messing was fed up. The former "Will & Grace" star was among dozens of celebrity Democratic supporters and activists who joined a call with White House aides last Monday to discuss...”

I hate ‘journalism’

21 hours ago, sblfilms said:

This always reminds me of a question Coates asked a white person in response to their question to him about whether it’s OK for white people to say the N-word when singing along to a rap/hip hop song.

”Why do you want to be able to say it?”

That's where I come out whenever the discussion is made. I have zero desire to use the N-word in any conversation. It's like white people want to use the word just to say it, but don't think through whether or not it's necessary, or even a good idea.

• Halal 1