~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

7 hours ago, ort said:

I hate this line of thinking. So you're saying that all of the hospitals, all over the country, EVERYWHERE are faking huge amounts of these COVID deaths to make extra money? That would be like the biggest fucking conspiracy scandal in the last 50 years or whatever. Is that really your position? great, show me some fucking data or verification or anything at all backing this ridiculous shit up or SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT.

SPREADING INFO LIKE THIS IS FUCKING KILLING PEOPLE. WHEN PEOPLE SPREAD THIS INFO IT IS LEADING TO MORE AND MORE PEOPLE DYING. It's fucking dangerous and these idiots need to shut their fucking face holes.

How is Trump spreading this too? What a god damned disgrace. The man is a legit murderer who is probably directly responsible for at least 100,000 of the deaths in our country.

I consider everyone who supports him to have that blood on their hands too, and they will all be met with instant and powerful condemnation.

I DON'T WANT TO HEAR A FUCKING WORD FROM THIS MURDER SQUAD. THEY ARE ALL DRIPPING WITH THE BLOOD OF OUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES AND FUCK THEM ALL.

Ort, your caps lock key is going to feel very neglected for the next four years if Biden manages to get elected. :p

I had a sore throat come out of nowhere yesterday afternoon, and it’s developed in to body aches and headaches for all of today.

Good news is no cough, fever, or loss of taste / smell, so I’m hoping my body is just stressed with everything going on.

I get tested weekly for COVID, and have my next test on Wednesday (typically get results Friday morning).

• Sad 1

201102172245-coronavirus-testing-1031-su
WWW.CNN.COM

Over 60,000 children tested positive for Covid-19 in the last week of October, the highest jump yet, but those numbers could be undercounted, pediatricians say.

Don't worry, After you sacrifice your grandparents. The free markets will demand your children next! :skull:

(fuck all not taking covid seriously, specially trump)

My children's school system goes back tomorrow, mine will continue to be remote. The community (second most liberal city in Ohio) demanded the schools be open. The initial plan was to basically have the kids doing remote learning in school (work from their laptops at their desk), but the community got wind and shut that down. My eldest's teacher was telling us some of the "precautions" like they have to quarantine books for 14 days after use; if you have to do all that what's the point. The teacher also felt the student were getting far more instructional time since she didn't have to do caring portion of her job.

I've thoroughly enjoyed all of us being at home. While I was already an involved parent, this opportunity to be involved in their daily education has been nothing but a blessing. It really has me thinking about stepping away from the working world when the kids reach middle school. 

My wife, who teaches in the one the poorest areas of the country has said the parental engagement has been far beyond what she gets with in class learning; and that it seems it suits the lives of the parents better; yes sometimes work gets done at midnight, but it gets done. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

We're so fucking beyond fucked based on how tonight is going. 

I don't know, we actually might get another relief bill passed since the republicans won (or most likely will win, it's not over yet)

They were basically saying "no stimulus talks until after the election," the election seemed to go their way, now we might get some stimulus talks. Otherwise we would have had to wait until february for anything to get done. As someone who works in the service industry and worries about his job every day, that means something. Restaurants are dying left and right. A lot of them won't make it until February without another stimulus bill. A Democrat victory basically guarantees no stimulus bill.

Is it worth the Republicans winning? No. But it is a silver lining.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

I don't know, we actually might get another relief bill passed since the republicans won (or most likely will win, it's not over yet)

They were basically saying "no stimulus talks until after the election," the election seemed to go their way, now we might get some stimulus talks. Otherwise we would have had to wait until february for anything to get done. As someone who works in the service industry and worries about his job every day, that means something. Restaurants are dying left and right. A lot of them won't make it until February without another stimulus bill. A Democrat victory basically guarantees no stimulus bill.

Is it worth the Republicans winning? No. But it is a silver lining.

Lol we're not getting a stimulus

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Lol we're not getting a stimulus

Yeah, a Trump win means no stimulus because folks will forget they didn't receive any help by 2022. A Biden win means no stimulus because that would lead to a better recovery come the day he gets sworn in. The only way a stimulus ever happens is if things still suck in February, Biden wins, and Dems take the Senate 50/50. Even then, it's a toss up.

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

Yeah, a Trump win means no stimulus because folks will forget they didn't receive any help by 2022. A Biden win means no stimulus because that would lead to a better recovery come the day he gets sworn in. The only way a stimulus ever happens is if things still suck in February, Biden wins, and Dems take the Senate 50/50. Even then, it's a toss up.

Dems have to take the Senate or there is 0% chance of Senate R's getting on board to help biden/"but but but the debt!"

Just now, Zaku3 said:

So lame but hopefully it's fast. I think they want to vote on it on Monday.

Oh, did they already have a bill ready to go? The fastest before this was something like 6-months. The bill isn’t just illegal vs legal, it’s creating regulations and taxes for the sale, distribution, etc, btw.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Oh, did they already have a bill ready to go? The fastest before this was something like 6-months. The bill isn’t just illegal vs legal, it’s creating regulations and taxes for the sale, distribution, etc, btw.

From what I read on nj.com they are using the bill that failed previously. So the plan is to introduce it Friday and vote on it Monday.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 6:27 PM, osxmatt said:

I had a sore throat come out of nowhere yesterday afternoon, and it’s developed in to body aches and headaches for all of today.

Good news is no cough, fever, or loss of taste / smell, so I’m hoping my body is just stressed with everything going on.

I get tested weekly for COVID, and have my next test on Wednesday (typically get results Friday morning).

A bit of an update. My symptoms have pretty much stayed the same, maybe even a bit more mild since Monday.

I took a shower this afternoon and used some beard oil, and it literally had no smell. Long story short, even though I dropped my weekly COVID test at FedEx this morning and should have results Friday morning, I still went to my local doctors office and got a COVID test about an hour ago.

They said I should have results this evening.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

A bit of an update. My symptoms have pretty much stayed the same, maybe even a bit more mild since Monday.

I took a shower this afternoon and used some beard oil, and it literally had no smell. Long story short, even though I dropped my weekly COVID test at FedEx this morning and should have results Friday morning, I still went to my local doctors office and got a COVID test about an hour ago.

They said I should have results this evening.

Dude like half an hour ago I was randomly wondering how you were doing with this. Just got back to my phone and was going to ask you. I shit you not. I'm glad your symptoms are mild at least. Hope it's negative.

18 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Well shit, I tested positive for COVID

Sounds like your case was as mild as mine was. I hope it stays that way!

I'd be prepared to have a few random bouts of fatigue for a few days after it seems like you're mostly recovered. That was the only thing that seemed different than just a regular cold in my case--it look a few days longer to feel back at 100% energy throughout the way day again.