~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

4 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Well that's good news for all the pro athletes, I guess.

The pro athletes aren’t in much danger from this...

I mean, its a horrible virus, we all need to do our part to keep the vulnerable safe. But healthy, fit people have rarely any serious problems. I find it weird so many exaggerate the affect on the healthy. 

Those with conditions, obesity, asthma, then I get the fear. My concern for me suffering greatly from it is almost nothing. Its my grandma, ny granpa, my uncle with copd, etc.

I don’t take precautions for me 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

The pro athletes aren’t in much danger from this...

I mean, its a horrible virus, we all need to do our part to keep the vulnerable safe. But healthy, fit people have rarely any serious problems. I find it weird so many exaggerate the affect on the healthy. 

Those with conditions, obesity, asthma, then I get the fear. My concern for me suffering greatly from it is almost nothing. Its my grandma, ny granpa, my uncle with copd, etc.

I don’t take precautions for me 🤷‍♂️

I more meant that since there is a limited amount, pro athletes are likely to get them (in the same way they've managed to get daily testing even though it's limited for the public).

201028020944-testing-swab-1013-restricte
WWW.CNN.COM

Nationwide, the average number of daily new cases this past week is up 21% compared to the previous week. But testing has increased only 6.63% over the same time frame.

I think this was obvious to anyone paying attention, but I still hear a lot of people saying things like "Can't wait until June when everything is back to normal."

Assuming that the vaccines work, it won't be until late spring/early summer when they start rolling out to large percentages of the population, and not until 2022 when most people (assuming they want to be) are vaccinated or immune.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, vaxick said:
b9c76b06-5041-4f92-a076-3b65b0d03eff-MJS
WWW.JSONLINE.COM

The case could imperil the Democratic governor's ability to require people to wear masks and put capacity limits on bars, restaurants and stores.

Wisconsin GOP once again making a case for being the worst humans on planet earth.  

Michigan GOP is just as bad. They already won that case and the only reason they didn't severely restrict the incoming Governor's powers is that Gov. Lead Pipe wouldn't sign the legislation

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Ever notice how it's always the customers and never the employees in this bullshit?

You want a mask situation that sucks? Try wearing one for 9 hours straight during a shift on a 100 degree backline with hot uniforms, hat, and a constricting apron, where you're stressed out and doing enough physical activity to qualify as a nonstop workout.

Then have to listen to Karen whine that she can't wear a mask for 5 minutes to order....

10 minutes ago, Comet said:

And counter-point:

fuck this state

There have been times where people tried to describe Trump's corruption as a slow motion Saturday Night Massacre because he has spread his politically motivated firings out over years.

At this point the GOP's obsession with absolutely no shut downs even in the face of staggering infection rates and eventual death spikes feels like a slow motion Bataan Death March.

It can't even be argued to be about the economy at this point, it's just about showing the libs who's boss.

201027101918-deborah-birx-north-dakota-1
WWW.CNN.COM

Dr. Deborah Birx emerged from a meeting at the White House one day in late summer with a new resolution: Never again would she sit in a meeting with Dr. Scott Atlas and listen to him pontificate on the pandemic.

Birx has basically invented a new job for herself where she just travels directly to affected states since the White House is no longer listening to her at all

201029142917-iyw-housing-insecurity-supe
WWW.CNN.COM

The economic downturn caused by the Covid-19 pandemic has created widespread housing insecurity for renters, homeowners and the homeless population in the US...

unbelievable....

Meanwhile congress is on vacation. Giving their pre-election donor fellatio.    I bet at least a few of those rich guys gave a fetish for turtles. And its the whole reason Lindsay Graham became a politician. But still, not one of these assholes cares about America.