~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

45 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

In a way it's almost worse after the election because you can no longer comfort yourself with the thought of at least getting rid of Trump and his exacerbation of the virus.

Now it's like you called the fire department, they're on their way, but you just have to watch the house burn while they get here :(

106523570-1588788127074gettyimages-12106
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Dr. Megan Ranney, an emergency physician and professor at Brown University, said that "the worst days of the pandemic are almost certainly still ahead of us."

58 minutes ago, vaxick said:

Uhhh...so I was watching television and a commerical came on featuring the governor of South Dakota, Kristi Noem.  She was advertising vacationing in South Dakota.  Yeah, sure, come visit the state with one of the worst outbreaks on the entire planet.

I think there was a story a while back that she actually used federal Covid recovery money on those ads.

This is one of those times where it would be hard to be more horrible and wrong than these people if you tried. I would say maybe if she literally paid people to show up and piss on the graves of Covid fatalities, but at least that wouldn't directly lead to more deaths....

58 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I think there was a story a while back that she actually used federal Covid recovery money on those ads.

This is one of those times where it would be hard to be more horrible and wrong than these people if you tried. I would say maybe if she literally paid people to show up and piss on the graves of Covid fatalities, but at least that wouldn't directly lead to more deaths....

Well that makes these ads all the more fucked up than they already are.  I was very flabbergasted seeing that ad trying to determine if what I was seeing was actually real.  Absolutely insane she's pushing for covid tourism and using funds that in no means intended for such things.  

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Big problems though: with this one is it requires storage/transport of temperatures at -150 or lower

And requires two shots weeks apart.

But they expect 50m doses by end of year for 25m people. 1.3b doses by end of next year.

How in the world are they going to transport this? How will low-resource hospitals stock it?

3 minutes ago, CayceG said:

How in the world are they going to transport this? How will low-resource hospitals stock it?

Ice cream trucks, going around the neighborhood putting microchips in their kids vaccinating the population

But seriously though, ultra cold/liquid nitrogen storage is the way. Not cheap or particularly easy, but no expense should be spared here if it works