~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

6 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I'm not feeling well, but I'm pretty certain that I'm just getting a cold.  This tends to happen to me this time of year when the weather starts to get cold.

And all of the stress and worrying about the election I'm sure isn't helping...

I was in the exact same boat as you, until today, when I completely lost my sense of smell.

I would say if it stays like it is now, you should be fine.

6 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

Going by the precedent Trump and Republicans set, I think he can.

Divert all funding to an emergency*

*the president has full discretion to label anything he wants an emergency.

He can’t defund them with a republican senate. That was not what was done with the emergency declaration.

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

My 6yr old (almost 7) niece has to go into 2 weeks of isolation starting today. They confirmed one student in her class tested positive and a 2nd student pending. Plus they had someone in the 7th grade who also tested positive at her school

The provincial government is being a ***king mess with covid. We're doing about 1k new cases a day and they want to reopen this weekend the same places they closed for causing 43% of the spreading when they were initially shutdown at 1/3-1/2 the case count we have now. FFS. With shopping and christmas around the corner we're so heading for a crazy spike and a massive lockdown early next year (if a vaccine is not on the near horizon). :angry:

12 hours ago, osxmatt said:

I was in the exact same boat as you, until today, when I completely lost my sense of smell.

I would say if it stays like it is now, you should be fine.

I can still taste and smell, but I have a fever more than anything else today.

I don't even know how Covid testing even works.  Do you have to call a certain number, or can you just walk in to certain testing areas?

28 minutes ago, chakoo said:

The provincial government is being a ***king mess with covid. We're doing about 1k new cases a day and they want to reopen this weekend the same places they closed for causing 43% of the spreading when they were initially shutdown at 1/3-1/2 the case count we have now. FFS. With shopping and christmas around the corner we're so heading for a crazy spike and a massive lockdown early next year (if a vaccine is not on the near horizon). :angry:

yeah the whole thing is a fucking mess. Especially the Peel region and their amount of cases. I’m working up 2-3 times a week and I can easily see why it’s happening. The store employees wear their masks but some not over the nose and the back rooms seem almost free reign to do whatever they want. A good portion of the time they are maskless. Then you have these stores near high schools and kids grabbing whatever. Then you see 10 of them outside, huddle together, no masks and thinking nothing of it. My cousin said they should give us a 1 week notice to get whatever shit we need for a 2 week ‘you don’t go anywhere’ lockdown. Make delivery service for groceries a mandatory service and keep a majority of the public home to quash the virus

The place where I work in California is trying to send kids back in December and none of the teachers support the district's plan but I think the district is just planning on saying tough shit and giving teachers no input. Teachers are primarily concerned about the start date and the rising cases across the United States. Then there are a bunch of problems with the schedule that teachers don't like. 

19 minutes ago, silentbob said:

yeah the whole thing is a fucking mess. Especially the Peel region and their amount of cases. I’m working up 2-3 times a week and I can easily see why it’s happening. The store employees wear their masks but some not over the nose and the back rooms seem almost free reign to do whatever they want. A good portion of the time they are maskless. Then you have these stores near high schools and kids grabbing whatever. Then you see 10 of them outside, huddle together, no masks and thinking nothing of it. My cousin said they should give us a 1 week notice to get whatever shit we need for a 2 week ‘you don’t go anywhere’ lockdown. Make delivery service for groceries a mandatory service and keep a majority of the public home to quash the virus

Too many dipshits seem to think that "outside = safe without any other precautions". I recently saw the COVID issues with six feet spacing for indoor dining/25% capacity, as some states have, compared to cigarettes. A cigarette would fill up the dining room with smellable smoke, just like coronavirus does via breath aerosols. This seems like a good comparison for outdoor dining (or just sitting close to people you don't live with maskless while outside) too. It's not as bad as being inside while they're smoking the cigarette, but you still probably wouldn't want to be sitting across the table from someone smoking a cigarette, and might be able to smell one from six feet away too. Now imagine if you're outside ringed by people sitting six feet away smoking a cigarette. Just because it's less bad doesn't mean it's not bad.

49 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I don't even know how Covid testing even works.  Do you have to call a certain number, or can you just walk in to certain testing areas?

I found an urgent care that does drive up testing. I just pull up, fill out a couple forms and they swab me. The urgent care isn't in my network but my insurance still covers 100% of the costs

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

Every state is different. I think in PA you do it through your insurance plan. In NJ, the state pays for it and you just make an appointment at a testing center.

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

covid-test.png
WWW.HEALTH.PA.GOV

How to spot COVID-19 symptoms and what to do if you have them.

So I have a minor sore throat and a massive ear ache . No one will see me for the ear ache until I go thru a COVID  test and there are no available quick tests and normal testing is running 6+ days for results. I know it’s necessary but god forbid this country do something right.

2 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

We are hitting 100,000 cases per day now.

If election day does cause a spike, you wonder what 100,000 plus a spike means.....

It means get fucked America, because Moscow Mitch and his band of GOP ghouls still ain't helping.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I feel like this is a brag post.

I asked the county health official who contacted me today if my positive case was reported yesterday (when test was conducted and results were given) or today (when county health contacted me).

He said he didn't know.

_115231562_mink2reuters.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Cases of a mutated strain of Covid-19 have been detected that may undermine future vaccines.

Prime Minister Frederiksen described the situation as "very, very serious". Danish police and army personnel will help to carry out the mass cull.

Ms Frederiksen cited a government report which said the mutated virus had been found to weaken the body's ability to form antibodies, potentially making the current vaccines under development for Covid-19 ineffective.

Justin Turner sitting maskless next to his high risk category cancer survivor coach after being informed of his positive Covid test and having no penalty is basically America in a nutshell.