Official "Look How Insane and Shitty ALL GOP Officials Are" Thread

1 hour ago, ort said:

I find it funny how they think it’s only Democrats who move from blue states to red states. A lot of transplants down here in the south are Republicans, and they would get screwed by this rule. 

• True 1

The headline is slightly misleading, because she was suggesting the 5 year voting ban in her succession fantasy. People moving to the "Red" half of the country wouldn't be allowed to vote for 5 years. I don't know if that's actually better or worse.

It really is shocking to me how someone like MTG can exist on the national stage and isn't just laughed and shunned away the instant she opens her mouth. It's really something, isn't it?

She's like 1,000 right wing uncles on Facebook distilled down into their pure essence and then used to create the perfect right wing shitposter, but in real life human form. A shitpost that walks and talks.

• True 1

I don't know where this belongs, but it's hilarious. Some guest on MSNBC was talking about how many Americans stereotype different states and said when people think of Florida they think of crystal meth and alligators. (He also made derogatory statements about California and New York)... anyway, Desantis "clapped back" with this zinger on twitter...

"MSNBC contributor @DrJasonJohnson claimed that when people think of Florida, they mostly think of ‘crystal meth and alligators.’ Dr. Johnson would know all about that, because he came to Florida to campaign for Andrew Gillum, later found passed out in a hotel with crystal meth,"

You say people only think of gators and meth? Well, the guy you worked for was caught passed out in a... uh...  (checks notes) Florida hotel with, uh... (checks notes again) Crystal Meth, so, uh...  take that sucker! SICK BURN!

• Sicko 1

39 minutes ago, ort said:

I don't know where this belongs, but it's hilarious. Some guest on MSNBC was talking about how many Americans stereotype different states and said when people think of Florida they think of crystal meth and alligators. (He also made derogatory statements about California and New York)... anyway, Desantis "clapped back" with this zinger on twitter...

You say people only think of gators and meth? Well, the guy you worked for was caught passed out in a... uh...  (checks notes) Florida hotel with, uh... (checks notes again) Crystal Meth, so, uh...  take that sucker! SICK BURN!

Only thing that would have made it more perfect is if there was a gator found in the bathroom as well. 

NBC2-FL-Democratic-Party-Abolish-Bill.pn
NBC-2.COM

Florida Republicans have introduced a bill that would abolish the Democratic Party from operating in the state of Florida. It is called the "Ultimate Cancel Act," introduced Tuesday afternoon.

LEE COUNTY, Fla. — Florida Republicans have introduced a bill that would abolish the Democratic Party from operating in the state of Florida. It is called the “Ultimate Cancel Act,” introduced Tuesday afternoon.

Senate Bill 1248 would force all of the state’s 4.8 million Democrats to find another party, an issue raising concern among Democrats and some Republicans.

• Guillotine 3

gettyimages-929122998-1677609440.jpg?cro
WWW.WESH.COM

The legislation would prohibit employees from referring to a student by their preferred pronouns if they do not correspond to that person's sex.

"It shall be the policy of every public K-12 educational institution that is provided or authorized by the Constitution and laws of Florida that a person's sex is an immutable biological trait and that it is false to ascribe to a person a pronoun that does not correspond to such person's sex," the bill reads.

Literally banning trans kids.

• Guillotine 3

You know, I work in a Catholic school division (albeit, publicly funded with public curriculum) and we actually use a student's preferred name in our Active Directory (and thus, corresponding software and services), not their legal name. I think we've had some complaints, but it's our stance that if a student wants to be called something else (i.e. trans student), then go for it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:
GettyImages-623826556.jpg?strip=1&w=640
WWW.WFLA.COM

Florida Sen. Jason Brodeur (R-Lake Mary) wants bloggers who write about Gov. Ron DeSantis, Attorney General Ashley Moody, and other members of the Florida executive cabinet or...

He must must have a hard on for China. Plus he’s only like a nuclear warhead on a NASA rocket away from North Korean leadership. Except he would have the capability to launch one successfully at an actually long distance target with them things. 

42 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:
GettyImages-623826556.jpg?strip=1&w=640
WWW.WFLA.COM

Florida Sen. Jason Brodeur (R-Lake Mary) wants bloggers who write about Gov. Ron DeSantis, Attorney General Ashley Moody, and other members of the Florida executive cabinet or...

Party of small gov...oh forget it.

• Halal 1