Official "Look How Insane and Shitty ALL GOP Officials Are" Thread

This NC rep is switching parties (and giving the GOP a supermajority) because her feelings got hurt for the criticism she received for missing an important vote which -- I need not remind you -- is her actual job.

1680621889089.jpg
WWW.AXIOS.COM

Rep. Tricia Cotham is expected to announce her decision Wednesday.

• Guillotine 2

22 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This NC rep is switching parties (and giving the GOP a supermajority) because her feelings got hurt for the criticism she received for missing an important vote which -- I need not remind you -- is her actual job.

1680621889089.jpg
WWW.AXIOS.COM

She first got elected five months ago so I feel like this was probably the plan from the start, with the GOP knowing they couldn't win the district honestly. This isn't like a Joe Lieberman type switching to the GOP, she ran as a progressive. 

48 minutes ago, Jason said:

She first got elected five months ago so I feel like this was probably the plan from the start, with the GOP knowing they couldn't win the district honestly. This isn't like a Joe Lieberman type switching to the GOP, she ran as a progressive. 

If this is actually a "bait n' switch", then the Republican that lost to her must be feeling pretty freakin' dumb right about now.

16 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

1680621889089.jpg
WWW.AXIOS.COM

Yup, she did it because her feelings were hurt.

13089857_040523-wtvd-dems-respond-to-cot
ABC11.COM

Representative Tricia Cotham is switching parties, giving NC Republicans the supermajority they need to override any veto by Gov. Roy Cooper.

During a press conference, Rep. Tricia Cotham said she switched affiliations because she believes the Democratic Party has changed in the state.

"The party wants to villainize anyone who has free thought, free judgement, has solutions and wants to get to work to better our state. Not just sit in a meeting and have a workshop after a workshop, but really work with individuals to get things done. Because that is what real public servants do. If you don't do exactly what the Democrats want you to do they will try to bully you. They will try to cast you aside," she said.

The press conference announcing her party switch was very light on policy specifics. Cotham refused to answer what legislation she would support or which policies she had changed her stance on that more aligned her with Republicans.

20 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:
ZEFBZAAEY4USGXGNTQ6C7JEDGE.JPG&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

The historic act of retaliation comes a week after they halted proceedings to call for gun control in the wake of the Covenant School shooting.

They expelled the two who weren’t white. 
Fuck the GOP. 

They also previously did not expel a GOP rep who sexually abused children (funny how direct the Republican—>sex criminal pipeline is). 

Until the evil and delusional gun nuts are replaced, children will continue to die. 

• Guillotine 2

56 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:
ZEFBZAAEY4USGXGNTQ6C7JEDGE.JPG&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

The historic act of retaliation comes a week after they halted proceedings to call for gun control in the wake of the Covenant School shooting.

They expelled the two who weren’t white. 
Fuck the GOP. 

I figured this what happened when I heard they didn’t expel one democrat. 

Fox isn’t even covering this story which is really weird. It seems like exactly the kind of thing they can spin into a messy beautiful hate chum to spoon feed to their army of brainwashed idiot followers to keep their rock hard anger boners raging until the next thing they can exploit to further their hate filled garbage agenda for their garbage followers. 

It’s currently the 21st story on their site and has a stupid as shit headline titled “Dem makes racially charged suggestion about how she avoided expulsion.”

The third billed story is about how in the 1950s they put crosses on buildings using lights and why can’t the world be like that now?

Fuck you, that’s why. Go fuck yourselves Fox News.

9 minutes ago, ort said:

Fox isn’t even covering this story which is really weird. It seems like exactly the kind of thing they can spin into a messy beautiful hate chum to spoon feed to their army of brainwashed idiot followers to keep their rock hard anger boners raging until the next thing they can exploit to further their hate filled garbage agenda for their garbage followers. 

It’s currently the 21st story on their site and has a stupid as shit headline titled “Dem makes racially charged suggestion about how she avoided expulsion.”

The third billed story is about how in the 1950s they put crosses on buildings using lights and why can’t the world be like that now?

Fuck you, that’s why. Go fuck yourselves Fox News.

nah they know exactly what this is about an dont want to bring attention so it starts to happen more as we all know there wont be any consequences or pushback 

It sounds like what is going to happen is that the city council gets to appoint a new representative and they are just going to re-instate these two people back into their positions.

Will they then expelled again? I don't know.

2 hours ago, ort said:

It sounds like what is going to happen is that the city council gets to appoint a new representative and they are just going to re-instate these two people back into their positions.

Will they then expelled again? I don't know.

If they get reinstated, then they can’t be expelled for the same reason

5b7a9a12-7639-40ba-9be8-4fbb769923a3-Dan
WWW.STATESMAN.COM

Abbott's pardon tweet published less than 24 hours after Tucker Carlson called out the governor on his broadcast to say that Texas did not recognize the right of self-defense.

Can't really understate how gross the idea of immediately pardoning this guy is when you click through and read the details of the case, including the fact that he was basically fantasizing about shooting protesters days before the shooting happened.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

They’re fucking evil. 

I can't decide which is worse - the republicans who actually believe they're on some idiotic moral crusade or the ones who are just using it as a grift. I'm pretty sure Gregg Abott is in the latter category.

You can only stoke the fire of fanatacism (pretty sure I spelled that wrong) so long before it becomes too much to handle. Ask the moderate right party of Germany how that went in 1933.

There are a lot of people in government who still think they can control the Trumplicans for their own ends, and I think they are sorely mistaken.