~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

7 minutes ago, Gavin King said:

I am actually surprised they Booed their Orange God. I always subscribed to the policies and the words didn't matter, republican orthodox be damned, all that mattered was Trump and owning liberals.

I'm not.  Trump knows he's one or two comments away from them turning on him. You can't control an angry mob.

53 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Healthcare debt was already insane in the south pre-covid, but at least the government can't control them now!

And to think, per the CDC there has been about 2.6 million hospital admissions for COVID-19. No telling how many have died while in the hospital. 

I will get a booster shot as soon as I can, as far as I know they aren't available in my area for anybody.

It's just... Get the fucking shots, folks. Get the fucking shot. I'm worried that the current concert season will be canceled because people didn't get the fucking shot. Those who could.

Just now, Fizzzzle said:

I will get a booster shot as soon as I can, as far as I know they aren't available in my area for anybody.

It's just... Get the fucking shots, folks. Get the fucking shot. I'm worried that the current concert season will be canceled because people didn't get the fucking shot. Those who could.

CDC guidelines are that you can just self-attest that you're immune compromised if you want a third shot. But it'll be a third shot of whatever you got the first two times. 

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

CDC guidelines are that you can just self-attest that you're immune compromised if you want a third shot. But it'll be a third shot of whatever you got the first two times. 

Yup. I just went to CVS and asked for a booster of Moderna. They didn't ask questions except for when I got the last shot and that's it. If they DID ask questions I'd just say my hypertension is a pre-existing condition. (Which I take meds for!) No appointment necessary.

I'll get my booster next month, when they start giving them. That'll be right around the 8 month mark for me, since I was fully vaxxed as of 15 Jan.

So the non-ICU covid unit is right next to my unit, just through some double doors. They really need to make it a lockdown unit, because it's all fucking psych patients over there and it's been a mess. There are elopements almost daily. One guy got out the other night, was tackled and tased by the sheriff's deputies and bit the shit out of one of security guards right above his nipple. I mean, it was a perfect bite mark shape, bleeding all over. Trying to keep these psych covid patients in their rooms is a disaster.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

Low risk now is high risk in the future. It is like we learned nothing from the current infections with children who can't be vaccinated. 

Children are still low risk.

But we aren’t talking about unvaccinated people, we are talking about already vaccinated people. People who, with literally no data to support their decision, are already going and getting boosted up. 

Boosters will likely be needed for all people, but maybe wait for the data to roll in that gives an indication of when that ought to be for different demos? For example, it seems pretty clear that those ages 60+ that are >8 months from their second dose date are probably good candidates for a booster regardless of other health conditions.

31 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

But we aren’t talking about unvaccinated people, we are talking about already vaccinated people. People who, with literally no data to support their decision, are already going and getting boosted up. 

Boosters will likely be needed for all people, but maybe wait for the data to roll in that gives an indication of when that ought to be for different demos? For example, it seems pretty clear that those ages 60+ that are >8 months from their second dose date are probably good candidates for a booster regardless of other health conditions.

Why do you care it's not like people are lacking availability. I went to two CVS stores today and I was the only one there looking for a vaccine. (first was Pfizer so I went to another location). 

6 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Why do you care it's not like people are lacking availability. I went to two CVS stores today and I was the only one there looking for a vaccine. (first was Pfizer so I went to another location). 

Because it is just the other side of the anti-scientific coin. 

1 minute ago, CayceG said:

Children spread the virus just as well and just as quickly as adults. They are not low-risk in terms of propagating the pandemic. 

Their personal health impacts are low. 

I didn’t say anything different. Low risk in the context being discussed is quite clearly about risk to the individual. And again, we are only talking about people who are already vaccinated as we are discussing booster doses. And if you pay attention to the underlying reasons for our board users getting boosters, it isn’t about the herd, it’s about them.

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

We as a nation are throwing away vaccine doses as they expire because nearly half the nation desperately wants to be members of a suicide cult. I wouldn't begrudge anyone looking for boosters when those doses just aren't being used by anyone else.

I'll a single shot J&J recipient. I'm totally thinking about what a booster would look like for me when I see all those fancy mRNA success numbers.