~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

39 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:
Y557HCPFPVENOZJ3Q3QDV3GCBA.jpg
WWW.DALLASNEWS.COM

The Watchdog reveals a worst-case scenario plan devised by area doctors. In the event of no ICU beds available, vaccination status could be used as part of...

How long till Abbott says "no you can't"

5 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Its pretty cool we've managed to break 1k deaths a day again with vaccines being widely avaliable!

It is really depressing to see the lengths people are going to avoid getting vaccinated. I can’t get over horse drugs, man.

A SHOCKING TWIST that no one saw coming!

4474.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Trump officials tried to convince him to take threat seriously and British experts ‘oddly pessimistic’ on defeating virus, says book

US officials thought their British counterparts “were out of their minds” in aiming for herd immunity as part of Boris Johnson’s initial policy on dealing with the coronavirus, according to a new book about the global response to the pandemic.

As the scale of the threat became increasingly clear in January and February 2020, officials in Donald Trump’s administration were trying to convince him to take the threat seriously, despite personal reassurances he had been given by Chinese president, Xi Jinping, that it was under control.

But they were even more shocked by the approach being taken in the UK. In a book to be published next Tuesday, Aftershocks: Pandemic Politics and the End of the Old International Order, British health experts at the time are described as being “oddly pessimistic about their capacity to defeat the virus”, rejecting measures such as a ban on mass gatherings.

“We thought they were out of their minds. We told them it would be an absolutely devastating approach to deal with the pandemic,” one US official told the authors, Thomas Wright, a foreign affairs expert at the Brookings Institution, and Colin Kahl, who is now under secretary of defence for policy. “We thought they were nuts and they thought we were nuts. It turns out, in the end, we were a little more right than they were.”

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It is really depressing to see the lengths people are going to avoid getting vaccinated. I can’t get over horse drugs, man.

Yeah hydroxychloroquine made sense in the beginning because hospitals were actually using it out of desperation and initially they thought it might actually work. But ivermectin is so fucking absurd.

8 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

As the scale of the threat became increasingly clear in January and February 2020, officials in Donald Trump’s administration were trying to convince him to take the threat seriously, despite personal reassurances he had been given by Chinese president, Xi Jinping, that it was under control.

Never has there been a more clear example of how credulous trump is than this right here. 

"Mr President, sir, you really should, sir, take this threat very seriously, sir. Thank you, sir"

"Xi personally told me he's got it so I believe him. Now go get me a diet coke"

78ca219a-b928-48c7-b4c7-7b2848b835fb-lar
KHQA.COM

Missouri State Representative and U. S. Congressional candidate Sara Walsh announced on Twitter Thursday morning her husband died after a battle with COVID-19. Walsh posted the tweet at 5:24 a. m. on Thursday and said "it saddens my heart to share that this morning my best friend and beloved husband Steve Walsh was welcomed to Heaven's glory into the arms of Jesus Christ his Lord and Savior. "...

• Like 1

I’ve been happy to see more of my 30-40 year old friends getting vaccinated now. Some that I’ve had conversations with as recently as a week ago trying to persuade them to do it. Better late than never, but it is far too late for so many and it didn’t have to be this way :( 

On 8/18/2021 at 9:56 AM, marioandsonic said:

I'm getting tested for Covid tomorrow afternoon.  I've been congested and with a sore throat since Monday night.

Just a follow-up:  I got tested yesterday.  Haven't received the results yet, as they said it takes 1-2 days.

Regardless of the results, I've felt like shit all week, and I'm probably going to spend all weekend in my apartment resting.