~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

If we have to lock down again, I'll be mad. We basically hit a vaccination plateau around the start of July. It really does seem like everyone who wants to and can be fully vaccinated already is. And Oregon isn't going to be a "fuck it, whatever" state like most of the south.

And I understand that you can still get the delta variant if you're vaccinated, but the evidence says overwhelmingly that being vaccinated reduces the odds of the delta variant being serious to close enough to zero.

I'm basically at a point where I'm all for not letting unvaccinated people leave their house. Again, assuming they can get it, but just choose not to. Bruh, the same people who constantly bitch at my bar about masks and social distancing and all that, I guarantee are the same people who don't want the shot. They are their own problem.

Maybe I should start wearing a "get the shot" shirt at work. Or maybe a "you like playing pool? Cool, so do I. We can only continue to do so if you GET THE SHOT YOU FUCK." It's not as catchy, though.

4 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

imagine working your ass off to get into uva but being such a dumbass to get disenrolled because you didn't get a shot

Reminds me of a story someone was telling me about their sister in law. She had a pretty generous scholarship to a school but because she had to get vaccinated and  wear a mask she turned it down and won't be attending. :|

• Guillotine 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Reminds me of a story someone was telling me about their sister in law. She had a pretty generous scholarship to a school but because she had to get vaccinated and  wear a mask she turned it down and won't be attending. :|

I'm sure Liberty University will give her a scholarship and a free ride aboard the grievance-grift train. 

e3cc559c-2231-4b48-9f4f-f67aa4e66587-lar
KUTV.COM

A teacher at Lehi High School who was caught on videomaking statements in class about masks and vaccines, politics, and former President Donald Trump is no longer an employee of the school district. "Alpine School District has concluded our investigation of the incident that occurred on August 17, 2021 at Lehi High School," said a statement from the district Wednesday afternoon.

As the kids say "where the lie?"

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Preventable yes.... Tragedy at this point?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....no.

At this point the majority of these deaths are equivalent to single vehicle accidents where the driver hits a tree and is ejected from their car due to driving under the influence. 

2 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Preventable yes.... Tragedy at this point?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....no.

At this point the majority of these deaths are equivalent to single vehicle accidents where the driver hits a tree and is ejected from their car due to driving under the influence. 

And they have alternate seat belts made out of beef jerky.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:
e3cc559c-2231-4b48-9f4f-f67aa4e66587-lar
KUTV.COM

A teacher at Lehi High School who was caught on videomaking statements in class about masks and vaccines, politics, and former President Donald Trump is no longer an employee of the school district. "Alpine School District has concluded our investigation of the...

As the kids say "where the lie?"

Nothing but truth here. Maaaaaaaybe not appropriate for chemistry class tho

2 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

I'd wager the only reason he said anything at all to these idiots is because they're dying in places he needs to win if he ran again, more than half of 22k COVID deaths in GA for example happened this year, especially after the holidays where they all YOLO'd their family gatherings.

1 hour ago, finaljedi said:

Sometimes I get tired of living in a universe created by an Onion article.

I'm getting to the "fuck it" point, if someone is determined to eat horse paste instead of take a vaccine then odds are they aren't long for this world anyway.

It's like a Sandra Boynton book: Are you a cow? No! Are you a pig? No! Perhaps a horse? No! Then don't take ungulate worm medicine you smooth-brained buffoon!