~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

2 hours ago, Jason said:

According to Georgia Marge, Biden told the FDA to speed up the Pfizer full approval (which she says was originally supposed to be after Labor Day) because he needed a distraction from Afghanistan. :silly:

I’m reading “I Alone Can Fix It” and it’s hilarious how many days in a row Azar would get calls from Trump telling him to have the FDA approve the vaccines around this time last year. Almost felt sorry for the guy.

20 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I’m reading “I Alone Can Fix It” and it’s hilarious how many days in a row Azar would get calls from Trump telling him to have the FDA approve the vaccines around this time last year. Almost felt sorry for the guy.

He was telling him to approve them before the phase 3 trials were done?

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Oh look, Nate Silver is/was a moron:

He's been in this cycle for like a year and a half where like once a month he puts out a post like, "Looks like I misjudged some things, I'll defer to the experts from now on," and then within like a week later he's back on his bullshit again.

Let me try to follow the logic train here:

The virus isn't real.

The virus is real and it's a weapon made by China to hurt us.

The virus is real and so weak that we shouldn't worry about it we can go on with our lives.

The virus is real and so strong that only the Trump Vaccine can save us.

The vaccine isn't real.

The vaccine is more harmful than the fake virus.

The vaccine is more harmful than the weak virus. 

The virus is real and can harm us but the vaccine doesn't work and the only thing that can help us is a dewormer medicine used on horses.

Did I get all that right?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Let me try to follow the logic train here:

The virus isn't real.

The virus is real and it's a weapon made by China to hurt us.

The virus is real and so weak that we shouldn't worry about it we can go on with our lives.

The virus is real and so strong that only the Trump Vaccine can save us.

The vaccine isn't real.

The vaccine is more harmful than the fake virus.

The vaccine is more harmful than the weak virus. 

The virus is real and can harm us but the vaccine doesn't work and the only thing that can help us is a dewormer medicine used on horses.

Did I get all that right?

You forgot:

The virus is real and being carried over here by illegal immigrants, and will kill us all

In what comes as a surprise to no one.

US intelligence study inconclusive on Covid origins, according to reports | Coronavirus | The Guardian

A classified US intelligence report delivered to the White House was inconclusive on the origins of the Covid-19 pandemic, in part due to a lack of information from China, according to US media reports.

The assessment received on Tuesday, which was ordered by President Joe Biden 90 days ago, was unable to definitively conclude whether the virus that first emerged in central China had jumped to humans via animals or escaped a highly secure research facility in Wuhan, two US officials familiar with the matter told the Washington Post.

Part of the problem is a lack of detailed information from China, according to the Wall Street Journal. “If China’s not going to give access to certain datasets, you’re never really going to know,” an official told the WSJ on condition of anonymity since the report is not public.

Beijing has rejected calls from the US and other countries for a renewed origin investigation after a heavily politicised visit by a World Health Organization team in January also proved inconclusive and faced criticism for lacking transparency and access.

At the outset of the pandemic, the natural origin hypothesis – that the virus emerged in bats then passed to humans, probably via an intermediary species – was widely accepted. But as time has passed, scientists have not found a virus in either bats or another animal that matches the genetic signature of Sars-CoV-2.

Frustrated with the progress, experts are increasingly willing to consider the theory that the virus may have leaked out of a lab conducting bat coronavirus research in Wuhan, an idea once dismissed as a conspiracy propagated by the US far right.

Ghebreyesus, has accepted the global health body’s initial investigation into Wuhan’s virology labs did not go far enough.

But the WHO’s call last month for the investigation’s second stage to include audits of the labs infuriated Beijing. The vice-minister of health, Zeng Yixin, said the plan showed “disrespect for common sense and arrogance towards science”.