~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

So my wife's school district seems to have enacted a policy of as long as we don't tell anyone positives aren't a thing nobody that was in contact can get it. Today she found out from a parent that one of her students tested positive and was in her room for 2 hours yesterday. We are no on the will she or won't she get it watch. While she is vaccinated she has been having issues with allergies and asthma (including a bout last week where she had to go on a med that warning that it could reduce immunity. If she does get it we are looking at joining a lawsuit with a couple of other teachers that have already tested positive after last weeks teacher in-service (which thankfully she missed due to the above asthma issue). 

My provincial health minister hasn't held a press conference in like, a month, and declines all interviews. Yesterday he finally appeared in front of the press to say:

• He hasn't looked at any modeling 
  • There will be no vaccine passports because they infringe on personal freedom
  • There will be no mask mandates any more, because they infringe on person freedom
  • There we will no incentives or punishments to encourage vaccination
  • Everyone has a personal choice to get vaccinated (we are the lowest vaxxed in Canada, by far)
  • We are beginning to see the "hint" of a fourth wave

Our new case graph for the past year:

tgykDNe.png

Uh, yeah, I'd say we're past the "hint" of a fourth wave you fucking dingus.

I hate my province.

https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/michael-ryan/article253707348.html

One man on the cusp of needing intubation told my friend’s nursing colleague she was an idiot for being vaccinated.

“He asked her if she’d had her vaccine, and he was just like, ‘You’re stupid,’” the nurse says. “Just laid into her about how everybody’s falling for what the government says and COVID’s not real and you shouldn’t get the vaccine. While he’s laying in an ICU bed.”

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

This looks like a conservative meme or something.  The way it reads is honestly ridiculous. 

Yeah I’m a libcuck who takes COVID very seriously and even I’m like “how the fuck is this real?” lol.

31 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Australia's lockdown makes ours look adorable and quaint 

Canada's lockdowns weren't quite that severe -- but weren't far off.  I never had a specific time I was allowed outside, but all of the parks were closed (kids couldn't use playgrounds, basketball hoops were covered, tennis courts were locked, etc.) and you weren't allowed to have non-members of your household on your property.

The oxygen situation in Florida is so bad, it's causing shortages for the space coast - All of those rockets require liquid oxygen to launch.  

GettyImages-1219607572.jpeg?quality=80&w
OBSERVER.COM

“Anybody who has liquid oxygen to spare, send me an email,” said SpaceX President Gwynne Shotwell.