~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

26 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Not like it matters.  I still feels like shit due to this cold, so I'm probably going to spend as much time as I can this weekend sleeping.

I mean it definitely matters. A cold is no big deal! Drink lots of Gatorade and chill, fam.

41 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Probably allergies.

I don't have any known allergies.  So I'll just chalk it up to a cold.

I went with my family last weekend tubing down a nearby river.  My older brother and my nephew also spent this week sick, but also tested negative for Covid.  And thank fucking god for that.  Because if one of my nephews got Covid and somehow got it from me, I wouldn't ever forgive myself.

59 minutes ago, Jason said:

We're not as bad as others, so let's do nothing to make sure it stays that way. He took too long to shut things down at the onset of the pandemic as well. Earlier this year, a bunch of school districts, mine included, put in requests to allow them to offer remote learning this coming fall. All of them were rejected with the order to return to full time in person schooling with remote options only being made available to kids in hospitals or the immunocompromised. Yay.

14 hours ago, Jason said:

12 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

We're not as bad as others, so let's do nothing to make sure it stays that way. He took too long to shut things down at the onset of the pandemic as well. Earlier this year, a bunch of school districts, mine included, put in requests to allow them to offer remote learning this coming fall. All of them were rejected with the order to return to full time in person schooling with remote options only being made available to kids in hospitals or the immunocompromised. Yay.

I'm in Rockport for the week and I can confirm the mask usage is...less than ideal. Loving the legal recreational marijuana though!

My company has been really helpful with testing.  They've allowed all employees to order these at-home testing kits, which are incredibly handy and accurate.  My household has used it multiple times to check our covid status - in fact it's what we used to confirm that my wife and daughter were positive back in June.  I have no idea how much each test costs, but I'm thankful my company has purchased them for us. 

7 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
210821033735-ivermectin-tablets-file-sup
WWW.CNN.COM

Mississippi health officials are warning residents not to take an anti-parasitic drug -- in most cases, a formulation purchased at livestock supply centers -- to treat or...

There is no hope for the human race. None

I have spoken in real life to a person who bought and consumed ivermectin she purchased from a Tractor Supply store

As a quick update, my uncle that had to receive monoclonal antibodies because of his strong case of COVID and who told my dad while he could barely speak because he couldn't catch his breath that he "felt so foolish for not getting vaccinated" is on the mend and already back on Facebook posting bullshit about how we shouldn't mandate vaccines. 

I say this as someone who loves my uncle and wishes him no harm, despite his stupidity: fuck these fools so hard. :/

d41586-021-02259-2_19579072.jpg
WWW.NATURE.COM

People infected with the Delta variant generally do not have COVID-19 symptoms until two days after they start shedding the coronavirus. People infected with the Delta variant generally do not...

This had been assumed for some time now about why Delta has such a high rate of transmission, and it may be mostly due not to the higher vital load itself, but the fact that higher viral loads make people contagious more quickly even though symptoms appear at a similar time from infection as earlier strains.