The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

1 hour ago, osxmatt said:

Anyone seen conservative media jerking off to this video?

Not yet, but I'm sure I will be seeing it soon because I've seen a lot of "Not all cops are bad" messages, "Antifa has started a new communist country in Seattle" rants, videos of black people defending cops and saying the BLM movement is exploitative, "Statues are OUR history and we need to remember it lest we repeat it" posts, and general disgust at the riots. 

As far as this video is concerned, this is a prime example of pure tribalism - she wants to hold people of these parties of 150 years apart accountable to a name (Democrat/Republican), while, this is the important part, the policies the names represent have been documented to change.  The two-party system just exacerbates the tribalism.  There are too many separate and unrelated ideas, values, and policies to be represented with just two parties, and this nuance does not get reflected properly in the news while it is even worse reflected in social media; sound bites just don't allow for its expression.   Media in general wants to catch the eye, and the best way to do that is with conflict: Hit people with ideas that touch their core selves, that trigger a defense mechanism, and then pit that against the counter idea.  Personally I notice that emotion flare up all the time, and it takes real effort to tell myself to examine the logic and ignore the emotion.  

2 hours ago, Amazatron said:

As soon as she said Democrats are the same people that fought to keep slavery in and built the KKK I turned it off. Fuck that shit, learn history please.

Yeah that sentiment is going around big time amongst some black folks... I've been seeing this in my Facebook feed for awhile now. The Crime Bill is what she's talking about and her misinformed ass will be used by The Right who does not give a FUCK about her or people that look like her. I've destroyed this argument amongst "free thinking black folks" (their terminology not mine) more times than I can count. Sic Angela Rye on her ass... or better yet, Nina Turner.

Some black folks respond to racism by wanting to check out of the system completely. I find that easy to understand and so some ignorance is easy to forgive. Like was said though the problem is that in her ignorance she doesn't realize that she's not waking anybody up, she's helping the people more interested in actively making her life worse maintain credibility and power. 

8 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I see waaayyy too many conservative friends on social media posting Candace Owens videos, plus some other videos of these twin black comedians. They like black people when they push their ideas. But they ain't about to read anything by Kendi X. Ibram.

Actually, I've unfriended most of those people during this. If I hadn't ready unfriended them before.

One of my black friends pointed that out:

"I say this with love. If there is racism in your heart, and you don't want the world to know you're racist. I promise you reposting content from Candace Owens, Brandon Tatum, etc. While praising them for their intelligence isn't the way to go. On behalf on all people who have even the smallest measure of discernment, I would like to say that its evident you gravitate toward them because they are black people who reinforce and validate a lot of racism and backwards thinking you hold on to. Just admit it. You'll feel better."

Nobody really speaks to black friends... or maybe don't even have them. They just look for that one black person who says something they like.

How about a story that doesn't piss people off?

"I want to thank the two sweet black ladies who paid for my breakfast this morning. While waiting for a transport to be completed, I decided to have breakfast at a Cracker Barrel near the Nashville airport. I received this note from them."

• Thanks 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3202254001

The bill, led by Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C. — the chamber's lone Black Republican — includes measures aimed at increasing transparency at police agencies and around use-of-force incidents while also incentivizing departments to use body cameras and ban chokeholds by withholding federal grant money. 

"Too often we're having a discussion in this nation, about are you supporting the law enforcement community or are you supporting communities of color. This is a false binary choice," Scott said at a news conference unveiling his bill Wednesday.

"I support America, and if you support America you support restoring the confidence that communities of color have in institutions of authority. You support America, that means you know that the overwhelming number of officers in this nation want to do their job, go home to their family. It is not a binary choice," he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN23O27Z

Mars Inc is "evaluating all possibilities" regarding changes to its Uncle Ben's rice brand image, the food company told Reuters on Wednesday, following news that PepsiCo Inc (PEP.O) was dropping its Aunt Jemima brand.

"As a global brand, we know we have a responsibility to take a stand in helping to put an end to racial bias and injustices," a spokeswoman said in an emailed statement. "We recognize that one way we can do this is by evolving the Uncle Ben’s brand, including its visual brand identity."

"We don't yet know what the exact changes or timing will be, but we are evaluating all possibilities," she said.

5 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I didn't know where to put this but it's tangentially related to all that's going on right now. Cop Karen has a complete mental breakdown because of her McD's order taking a bit longer than usual.

I mentioned it like last week but we've got a cop thread

• Thanks 1

So you guy's want to see a textbook example of privilege? I saw this go down in real time... it all started when a black union editor posted in a facebook group looking to connect with other black editors. The mostly white editors in that group were NOT happy despite the fact that post production is over represented by white men, even on "black" shows. I've been dealing with this shit my whole career... follow the thread because sis names names.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I didn't know where to put this but it's tangentially related to all that's going on right now. Cop Karen has a complete mental breakdown because of her McD's order taking a bit longer than usual.

This happens to regular people all the fucking time. Nothing I heard in her story makes me think she had that level of service due to being a cop. She had that level of service likely due to them being disorganized, poor management, and being minimum wage. 

Get over yourself. 

Also, if they’re  this emotionally unstable they should not have a weapon of any kind. 

she’s so used to being treated like a princess that when she’s not, she thinks she’s being persecuted. 

24 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

This happens to regular people all the fucking time. Nothing I heard in her story makes me think she had that level of service due to being a cop. She had that level of service likely due to them being disorganized, poor management, and being minimum wage. 

Get over yourself. 

Also, if they’re  this emotionally unstable they should not have a weapon of any kind. 

she’s so used to being treated like a princess that when she’s not, she thinks she’s being persecuted. 

That's why I can do nothing but laugh. She's crying because McDonald's asked her to pull over for a few minutes to wait for her sandwich? And then they had the audacity to bring her some coffee to drink while she waited? They're damn monsters, I tell you.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So you guy's want to see a textbook example of privilege? I saw this go down in real time... it all started when a black union editor posted in a facebook group looking to connect with other black editors. The mostly white editors in that group were NOT happy despite the fact that post production is over represented by white men, even on "black" shows. I've been dealing with this shit my whole career... follow the thread because sis names names.

These guys claiming anti white racism just get a MASSIVE eye roll from me. 

Good thread.

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

These guys claiming anti white racism just get a MASSIVE eye roll from me. 

Good thread.

What's amazing is that post production is disproportionately White and male so why they feel threatened by ONE instance of some one looking to connect with Black editors is beyond me. There are Women in post groups too and I've seen posts where female producers are looking specifically for female editors. I didn't cry "Discrimination!" because I know how underrepresented women are in this business too. Crazy shit.

17 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Police have apparently built some kind of (possibly fake) wall:

Protestors should help by piling every brick and ounce of dirt they can find to just bury the station in. Just fill in everything being the wall with concrete. That'll keep it safe.

5 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Get over yourself. 

There is so much wrong with this video it's hard to break it all down. I honestly don't think it's just an ad hominem attack to say that if this stresses her out so much that she should not be an armed representative of the state. It's just a fact. She is clearly projecting her own stress and problems with the current situation onto these McDonald's employees.

An important point is that ironically this woman's whole underlying grievance seems to be that she's underappreciated and people don't understand what it's like to be a cop. But that's exactly what she's doing to underpaid, possibly understaffed employees likely working in an unsafe work envirionment during the outbreak.

Some miscellenious stuff. 

1. If they didn't have her door dash order ready, wouldn't that suggest the wait had nothing to do with her being a cop? I don't see why the fact that she is a cop would be included with the order info.

2. If you want something fried, it doesn't matter how small your order is. If you want it fresh, it's gonna take at least 4 or 5 minutes. If you order just an easy sandwich, that can go out in a matter of seconds. If you order 20 sandwiches that will take longer because the time it takes is how long it takes to assemble each one. But whether you order 1 order of hash browns or 10 of them, the frier takes the same amount of time to fry them(within reason).

3. As others have said, asking you to pull forward is standard. As per #2 if they're waiting on your hashbrowns and the orders behind you are a flurry and a sandwich that can be made immediately, they want to keep the drive thru moving. Bringing your coffee out to you while you wait is a fucking curtesy.

4. I notice that not even halfway through this video it becomes less about the time it took for her than her own emotional problems and some paranoia about what they are doing to her food. If you are that worried about it, feel free to get your ass out of your car and come inside. The kitchen area in most resturaunts is fairly open and you can watch them prepare your food if you really want.