The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

3 minutes ago, Brick said:

That's the thing; they're not rationally thinking people. They're racist morons. fucks.

As Joe Biden would say...

13 hours ago, ort said:

How can any rationally thinking person listen to this man speak about literally anything and think he is a person who knows what he's talking about? He's the biggest fucking nitwit on the fucking planet and the fact that people support him really does make me question everything I know to be true about the world.

I can honestly not even begin to comprehend how FUCKED IN THE HEAD you would have to be to put your support behind this man. What would have to be wrong with you? Like seriously, how can anyone listen to him speak and then line up behind him? FUCK THAT and FUCK all those people.

I just spent the evening trying to edit coherent sound bites from that interview for a piece I'm working on tonight. I literally have no idea what he's even TRYING to say half the time. Clearly this man is suffering from some type of impairment.

Jay Pharoah could have been George Floyd too.

Former Saturday Night Live cast member Jay Pharoah says he was stopped by police while jogging in Los Angeles recently, that one of the officers kneeled on his neck and that video footage, apparently from a nearby security camera, recorded the incident. Pharoah shared the video on Instagram today, saying “I could have easily been an Ahmaud Arbery or a George Floyd.” The actor and comedian speaks about the incident during an appearance to air on Monday’s episode of CBS’ The Talk, describing how he was stopped by four police officers, their guns drawn, as he was running on an L.A. sidewalk. He was told, he said, that he fit the description of a man they were seeking – “a black man with gray sweatpants and a gray shirt,” Pharoah said.

On a clip from The Talk released today, Pharoah said, “I see a gun from my peripheral and I look and the officer is like, ‘Freeze – get on the ground,’ and I’m like ‘Oh snap’…” Pharoah said he was ordered to drop to the ground and “spread your arms like an airplane.”  “Three more officers drove up… it’s hot, corona is definitely something to be worried about, the police officers didn’t have on gloves, they didn’t have on masks…When they put me in cuffs, after they were all on me, an officer put his knee on my neck.” Pharoah says on his Instagram video that he told the officers to Google his name and “you will see that you made a big mistake.” When the officers were notified that the suspect they were seeking had been apprehended, they apologized. Pharoah said he told them, “Get these f’ing cuffs off me.”

:|

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The reality was they was looking for was actually a white woman wearing hot pink booty shorts and sports bra. But he matched the description by just being black. 

EDIT: Not saying that was actually the case. But every time I hear the words "you matched the description" on these that is what I think. 

7 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

The reality was they was looking for was actually a white woman wearing hot pink booty shorts and sports bra. But he matched the description by just being black. 

EDIT: Not saying that was actually the case. But every time I hear the words "you matched the description" on these that is what I think. 

"Fit the description" literally means "The first black dude we see."

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Turns out both her daughters are police, and at least one previous complaint about her disappeared in the system...what a coincidence.

I saw on /r/losangeles that that was an initial misidentification. 

56 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Turns out both her daughters are police, and at least one previous complaint about her disappeared in the system...what a coincidence.

That’s why she’s so confident and is threatening people. It’s also why she says, “Do you know who my family is?” You’re FUCKED.

29 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That’s why she’s so confident and is threatening people. It’s also why she says, “Do you know who my family is?” You’re FUCKED.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I saw on /r/losangeles that that was an initial misidentification. 

Mike Pondsmith: Cops and Racists (the guy who created the original Cyberpunk tabletop RPG and is working with CDPR on Cyberpunk 2077)

I don’t care what your skin color is or what your orientations are. This a fight all of us have a stake in.  This is our future, and the future of our children and grandchildren. And if you fail them, in the end, they will be the ones who will judge you. Remember; the Cyberpunk future is a warning; not an aspiration. Whether we hear the warning is up to you.

This was a follow-up to R. Taslorian's post from last week:

We don’t just condemn racism. We despise it.

People, no matter the color of their skin, their gender identity, their sexual preference, their ethnicity, their physical and mental differences, their age, or their religion have a right to live their lives without worrying about being harassed or beaten or killed by others, especially others with power and authority.

When power is abused, people have the right and, in fact, the duty to stand up, protest that abuse, and demand accountability.

38 minutes ago, Jason said:

Mitch McConnell: We paid for 'sin of slavery' by electing Obama

I wonder how Uncle Tim feels about this.

Not even conceding that this has any merit, but it's always rich to see people who never voted for Obama, and voted for and still support the most openly racist president in a century, say this without a hint of any self awareness