~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

5 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Trump is calling for peace in a video...but is saying the election was stolen. Says it was taken away from him, was fraudulent. But please go home. 

Man that pause, that man has to reading off cue cards. Fucking disgrace

• Like 1

Just now, SaysWho? said:

"This claim of election fraud is disputed, and this Tweet can’t be replied to, Retweeted, or liked due to a risk of violence"

HOLY SHIT

At what point does Twitter change this from “disputed”... to false? just reference all the defeated legal challenges..

• Like 1

Just now, atom631 said:

i mean, whats the alternative? lay down and let them kill me or my family? i dont play rambo. i have my guns and they come out a few times a year to brush up on shooting. other than that they are out of sight. i dont mod them or go on gun message boards or pal around the gun shops and jerk off with the other ammosexuals. its not even a hobby to me. they are as important to me as my lawn mower.  

Accept the more realistic idea that you actually needing to defend your family with a gun is an incredibly unlikely event?  Accept the fact that having other people out there with easy access to guns actually makes it more dangerous for you?  Take more realistic precautions for safety?

• Like 1

Regarding the police opening the gate, my understanding is at that point, the insurrectionists were had already breached the perimeter at other locations and were moving into the building to the sides of their position and some were already behind them.

In essence, police command at that point made the (probably wise) call just to let the crowd through rather than allow their officers to be surrounded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Accept the more realistic idea that you actually needing to defend your family with a gun is an incredibly unlikely event?  Accept the fact that having other people out there with easy access to guns actually makes it more dangerous for you?  Take more realistic precautions for safety?

i moved into my new house about 8 years ago. ironically we moved out what was perceived as a not so nice area to this area that was supposedly safe and friendly. since i've been here - ive had my car broken into twice, some methed out goon tried to open my backdoor at night while my wife and 2 babies were there (and i was at a work event) and i had some unhinged roided out lunatic show up any my house bc our 7yr old daughters had a disagreement on the bus. 

add to the fact that ive had 2 other cars and my childhood home broken into - doesnt seem so unlikely that my gun wouldnt be a useful tool. 

now- i dont disagree that a complete and total ban on all guns would ultimately reduce/eliminate gun violence in this country. it absolutely would over a long period of time. if it comes down to that, i would gladly surrender my guns when i know that the vast majority of the black market guns are off the streets. then i will walk them down and hand them over. 

Just now, Joe said:

How the fuck is General Hospital still going? 

You only got like two options GH and something else so that is how. Also, character cuts and recasts. Yeah bring Dante back just to cut Lulu from the show. It is fucking stupid. Fucking hack writers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bacon said:

You only got like two options GH and something else so that is how. Also, character cuts and recasts. Yeah bring Dante back just to cut Lulu from the show. It is fucking stupid. Fucking hack writers. 

I read this 3 times and I still don't really get what it says.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, atom631 said:

i moved into my new house about 8 years ago. ironically we moved out what was perceived as a not so nice area to this area that was supposedly safe and friendly. since i've been here - ive had my car broken into twice, some methed out goon tried to open my backdoor at night while my wife and 2 babies were there (and i was at a work event) and i had some unhinged roided out lunatic show up any my house bc our 7yr old daughters had a disagreement on the bus. 

add to the fact that ive had 2 other cars and my childhood home broken into - doesnt seem so unlikely that my gun wouldnt be a useful tool. 

now- i dont disagree that a complete and total ban on all guns would ultimately reduce/eliminate gun violence in this country. it absolutely would over a long period of time. if it comes down to that, i would gladly surrender my guns when i know that the vast majority of the black market guns are off the streets. then i will walk them down and hand them over. 

And yet, somehow, everyone in your family is safe, alive, and unharmed.  Did it occur to you that escalating these events with a gun might make things worse?  What if you pulled a gun on that roided freak and he decides to just bide his time and shoot you the next time you step out your front door?  What happens if that methed out tweaker was faster on the draw than you?  Instead of having some shit stolen, now your wife and kids are burying you.  Buy better locks, get a dog, these will serve you far better.

4 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

And yet, somehow, everyone in your family is safe, alive, and unharmed.  Did it occur to you that escalating these events with a gun might make things worse?  What if you pulled a gun on that roided freak and he decides to just bide his time and shoot you the next time you step out your front door?  What happens if that methed out tweaker was faster on the draw than you?  Instead of having some shit stolen, now your wife and kids are burying you.  Buy better locks, get a dog, these will serve you far better.

all slippery slope arguments. there is no right or wrong answer here until that scenario actually plays out. there is enough evidence that both of us are right.

in the meantime, ill keep my guns.  

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Ok, my first reaction is rage for Trump being a traitor.

But on the other hand, is this even within the power of the VP?

Is it a technicality where Trump delegated the actual signing off of it to Pence(which, again, would even this be legal?).

Or, even setting aside the possibility that Trump is actively against the move, is Pence using separate, unilateral power to make it happen?

Is this as weird as it sounds, or does the VP have more discretion here than I thought?