~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

1 minute ago, LazyPiranha said:

The three don’t need to conspire, any one will do.  Life isn’t Rambo, if a mildly organized group decides you’re a problem your gun or guns won’t do shit.  Owning a gun is like the TSA, it’s fucking security theater.  You’ve bought a false sense of security.

Lay down and take it 

15 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

the democratic leadership is so very unprepared to deal with this crisis--any crisis

I would think the chambers are unusable, even If cleared, if for no other reason than Covid contamination.

I don't know how feasible it is, but maybe Congress should meet in a secure location. Have McConnell whip the hell out of his caucus and get the objectors to give it up. Get the votes certified.

Doing it like this causes it's own problems, but allowing it to be delayed only sends the message that these terror tactics work. And there can be little doubt Trump would hail it as a victory and redouble his effort to encourage it.

10 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

henry winkler thumbs up GIF

Gaddafi.

• Like 1

Just now, mclumber1 said:

Lay down and take it 

How is acknowledging the fact that I’d be fucking terrible in an armed conflict “lying down and taking it?”  I have the same realistic outlook on if my life depended on my ability to outrun a hungry lion.  I can buy running shoes all I want, I’m still fucked.

• Like 1

Just now, SaysWho? said:

Kellyanne Conway's on ABC. She says these are not peaceful protests, Trump needs to tell them to leave, if you hated any looting over the summer, you need to condemn this, the looting on the Capitol isn't a joke or funny.

reap, sow, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

Trump is calling for peace in a video...but is saying the election was stolen. Says it was taken away from him, was fraudulent. But please go home. 

He didn’t just say the election is stolen and go home. For anyone that can’t watch the video that really minimizes how bad that statement was. He spends like 90% of the time talking about the election being stolen and how horrible it was. Telling people to go home is basically an afterthought to him.

9 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

The three don’t need to conspire, any one will do.  Life isn’t Rambo, if a mildly organized group decides you’re a problem your gun or guns won’t do shit.  Owning a gun is like the TSA, it’s fucking security theater.  You’ve bought a false sense of security.

i mean, whats the alternative? lay down and let them kill me or my family? i dont play rambo. i have my guns and they come out a few times a year to brush up on shooting. other than that they are out of sight. i dont mod them or go on gun message boards or pal around the gun shops and jerk off with the other ammosexuals. its not even a hobby to me. they are as important to me as my lawn mower.