Do you have any games preordered for years?

Remarkableriots

3 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

I was changing 5 preorders on Amazon because of my change of address and noticed i have Dead Island preordered back in 2014! Anybody else have something like this?

I don’t, but my buddy probably beats everyone. He finally decided to get his refund from EB Games about 2 years ago for his preorder for Starcraft Ghost 

• Shocked 2
  • Thanks 1

I only have one old pre-order for Metroid 4 switch atm. 

39 minutes ago, stepee said:

i don’t understand preordering anything anymore

I only do it when it looks to be a low print run game or I'm getting a good deal. Like my metroid preorder is $20 off because it was tied to e3 preorders.

• Thanks 1

I still have a reservation for Final Fantasy Versus XIII at GameStop. I’m sure at this point it’s been cancelled, but as far as I’m aware I was never informed or given my $5 back. So I still consider it pre-ordered. 

34 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I still have a reservation for Final Fantasy Versus XIII at GameStop. I’m sure at this point it’s been cancelled, but as far as I’m aware I was never informed or given my $5 back. So I still consider it pre-ordered. 

I mean, you can probably turn it in for free copy of Final Fantasy 15.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a game on preorder for more than a year. Even with delays, any game I’ve preordered came out within a year of that preorder. 

Mass Effect titles, Halo titles, Forza titles. Those were the only games I wanted to be sure I got my Limited/Collector’s edition. So I’d preorder as soon as they went live. Anything else, and especially since I went digital only in 2013 there hasn’t been a reason to preorder right away. So I usually preorder within the last month, even down the last week before a game comes out. 

6 hours ago, stepee said:

i don’t understand preordering anything anymore

I put in Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 preorders right before the 20% Prime discount for preorders was discontinued to lock in the discount. So those preorders are around two years old now. Otherwise yeah, lol at preorders. 

I pre-ordered a few games on Amazon back when they were ending their 15% discounts on pre-orders, but I think the last one was FF7R.

Most of the time if I pre order something, it's the weekend before release. It's odd, but sometimes physical pre-orders are still the best deals on new games.

19 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Kickstarter is the new preorder.

This. Kickstarter is the closest I get to months/years long pre-orders and that really shouldn't count as a pre-order.

The soonest I order a game is usually the soonest I can preload a game prior to launch.

When my Gamers Club expired, I went on a pre-order spree just in case I wanted something at launch with the 20% off discount.  All that's left is Cyberpunk and a couple of games that have no release date.  

I'm also still waiting for Rent A Hero No. 1 for the Xbox that I pre-ordered at Funcoland.  I lost the receipt so I'm doomed if it ever comes out.  

• Shocked 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/2/2020 at 11:24 PM, Remarkableriots said:

Dead Island 2 is probably going to be garbage. I didn't realize it has changed developers 3 times already.

dead-island-2.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

According to industry insider Tom Henderson, Dead Island 2 is still in active development at Dambuster Studios.

14 hours ago, Biggie said:

Hey remember that space game all the master racers were going GaGa over? lolololololol I think it was called Star Citizen.  

Amusingly, I just read about the experience current players in the early access game are having.

SC_05_Wallpaper_3840x2160.jpg
WWW.POLYGON.COM

A decade in, development’s still trucking along

33 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I do miss the good ole days before digital though. It was great to go to the store and pick up your copy along with everyone else. Now I don't buy physical games at all. 

Aside from my switch(partly because of limited space, but mostly because I don't tris Nintendo with my digital library), I haven't bought a physical game in two generations.

26 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Aside from my switch(partly because of limited space, but mostly because I don't tris Nintendo with my digital library), I haven't bought a physical game in two generations.

This is true. I always buy a physical copy of Nintendo games. I'll probably end up buying Kirby if it turns out good.

This advice will likely fall on deaf ears, but you can trust Nintendo with your digital purchases. I don’t know where this irrational fear came from, but it’s completely unfounded.

I’ve had a couple buddies either lose or accidentally destroy their hardware…and they got all their digital stuff back.

Heck, my own 3DS took a dump back in 2020 and I was able to recover all my downloads. 

If any company I don’t trust with my digital stuff, it’s Xbox. Since my account has been hacked a couple times and my games either get nuked and replaced with crap I wouldn’t buy (like I suddenly owned Madden for no apparent reason a few years back). 

That said, I’ve had a habit of buying physical copies, just because I like the tangible feeling of a game in my hands. Even for my PS5, since the storage on that machine is a complete joke.

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

This advice will likely fall on deaf ears, but you can trust Nintendo with your digital purchases. I don’t know where this irrational fear came from, but it’s completely unfounded.

I’ve had a couple buddies either lose or accidentally destroy their hardware…and they got all their digital stuff back.

Heck, my own 3DS took a dump back in 2020 and I was able to recover all my downloads. 

If any company I don’t trust with my digital stuff, it’s Xbox. Since my account has been hacked a couple times and my games either get nuked and replaced with crap I wouldn’t buy (like I suddenly owned Madden for no apparent reason a few years back). 

That said, I’ve had a habit of buying physical copies, just because I like the tangible feeling of a game in my hands. Even for my PS5, since the storage on that machine is a complete joke.

Stan for switch, calls ps5 storage a joke. Thats a straight up lol.

And why i don't trust Nintendo is because my digital editions of games that were on both WiiU and Switch had to be bought again. Fuck that noise. Until Nintendo has a unified store, ill never use it.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

Stan for switch, calls ps5 storage a joke. Thats a straight up lol.

And why i don't trust Nintendo is because my digital editions of games that were on both WiiU and Switch had to be bought again. Fuck that noise. Until Nintendo has a unified store, ill never use it.

Bruh. Don't tell me you think the PS5 storage is great. LOL. :lol:

Yeah, the digital editions of your games from Wii U don't transfer to the Switch.

Your mistake was buying a Wii U in the first place! :p