Do you have any games preordered for years?

Remarkableriots

2 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Bruh. Don't tell me you think the PS5 storage is great. LOL. :lol:

Yeah, the digital editions of your games from Wii U don't transfer to the Switch.

Your mistake was buying a Wii U in the first place! :p 

Oh, ps5 storage sucks

But its not nearly as bad as switch.

I added 1tb, I have no problems at all now with ps5 storage. But i also don't keep games Im not playing on any of my hardware 

And thats why I said I don't trust Nintendo with my digital library. Of all the console makers, they are the most anti-consumer

16 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Oh, ps5 storage sucks

But its not nearly as bad as switch.

I added 1tb, I have no problems at all now with ps5 storage. But i also don't keep games Im not playing on any of my hardware 

And thats why I said I don't trust Nintendo with my digital library. Of all the console makers, they are the most anti-consumer

How much did 1TB set you back for the PS5? My son downloads a lot of stuff and we’re looking to add more space…

And yeah, Nintendo kinda screwed the pooch when it came to software preservation on Switch. It was pretty much a “hard reset” after the disaster that was the Wii U. (Almost as similar as the “reset” done by Sony went from PS3 to PS4, but worse) 

It was an odd move, considering the past. Nintendo has actually been pretty solid about backwards compatibility. Especially so with their handhelds. But Switch really…uh, switched things up. 

On 8/2/2020 at 7:18 PM, chakoo said:

I only have one old pre-order for Metroid 4 switch atm. 

It's kind of crazy this pre-order is still ongoing. I'm going to be shocked when it shows up one day.

23 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

This advice will likely fall on deaf ears, but you can trust Nintendo with your digital purchases. I don’t know where this irrational fear came from, but it’s completely unfounded.

Because you have to call someone and ask nicely for them to transfer over your licenses and in some of the early days they were not very willing to do this. So if you sold off your system you're not getting those purchases back if you buy another system years later. Unlike how it is now and how it was like on PSN/XBL. There will eventually be a point in the future where getting your purchases back on a DSi/3DS/Wii/WiiU on another system will just not be possible.

5 hours ago, chakoo said:

There will eventually be a point in the future where getting your purchases back on a DSi/3DS/Wii/WiiU on another system will just not be possible.

That actually is something of a concern for me for all platforms. Less so with Microsoft. Playstation will probably be okay? Just with the changing of technology and certainly in Nintendo's case, the changing of hardware. It's difficult, if not impossible, to truly replicate the dual-screen aspect of *some* DS/3DS/Wii U games on a Switch, for example. 

2 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

That actually is something of a concern for me for all platforms. Less so with Microsoft. Playstation will probably be okay?

On 2/12/2022 at 12:17 PM, GameDadGrant said:

If any company I don’t trust with my digital stuff, it’s Xbox.

So do you trust them or not? 🤔