Roe officially overturned, shocking no one given the leak earlier

16 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

GOOD (now contraception, a companion bill for Lawrence v texas ,etc)

Someone has to challenge loving, just to put Thomas on the spot. 

If Roe and and others aren't safe, lets see if his marriage is legal, or if he and Ginny are retroactively criminals?

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Someone has to challenge loving, just to put Thomas on the spot. 

If Roe and and others aren't safe, lets see if his marriage is legal, or if he and Ginny are retroactively criminals?

For a variety of reasons I don’t see that challenge happening unless and until the right gets a few more wins from the court. 

i also wouldn’t rule out gorsuch not going along with it because he can be at least aware of historical injustices (think the insular cases and korematsu) but stupidly blind to current ones. 

12 hours ago, Anathema- said:

Overturning Loving would do nothing to Clarence Thomas' marriage. Stop it.

I wasn't actually serious, but if gay marriage isn't protected (as Cruise has been talking about) why would interracial marriage be protected? 

Literally the only reason not to seems to be "we wouldn't want to be seen as racist". 

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

I wasn't actually serious, but if gay marriage isn't protected (as Cruise has been talking about) why would interracial marriage be protected? 

Literally the only reason not to seems to be "we wouldn't want to be seen as racist". 

“…right now”

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I don’t think Virginia is going to criminalize interracial marriage again

220719154157-05-congress-protest-arrests
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

More than a dozen Democratic members of Congress were among those arrested by Capitol Police on Tuesday afternoon as part of an abortion rights protest in front of the Supreme Court.

This is a sad situation but hopefully AOC can survive this injustice! :cry::rose: 

11 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:
6dbca809-4243-47a9-acd2-d487b6951071-Mat
WWW.USATODAY.COM

Gaetz spoke at Turning Point USA event in Tampa, saying no one wants to 'impregnate' abortion rights activists 'if you look like a thumb.'

How is it possible to be this fucking juvenile and shitty? Our “leaders” are an embarrassment. 

• True 4

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:
6dbca809-4243-47a9-acd2-d487b6951071-Mat
WWW.USATODAY.COM

Gaetz spoke at Turning Point USA event in Tampa, saying no one wants to 'impregnate' abortion rights activists 'if you look like a thumb.'

Big words coming from a guy who looks like a thumb himself, and rapes underage girls. 

• True 3

1 hour ago, LazyPiranha said:

Fuck right off.

So how does that work?  I mean the pressure of the leak does what?  They're Supreme Court Justices, it's the last job they're going to have, they aren't angling for a patronage landing job at the Federalist Society or Heritage Foundation.  

23 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

So how does that work?  I mean the pressure of the leak does what?  They're Supreme Court Justices, it's the last job they're going to have, they aren't angling for a patronage landing job at the Federalist Society or Heritage Foundation.  

Even the wingnuts on the court still want to pretend they're not considering outside influences, so by leaking the draft it locks them in because if anything changed it would make it look like they caved to the backlash.