Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

I don't follow the Elon stuff everyday.  But I randomly open Twitter and this is the type of shit Elon posts? I really should deactivate my account. I use it mostly to lurk at comedians I like but I think it's time.

Hide contents
QICVl6u.jpeg?fb
IMGUR.COM

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

He needs Trump to start posting 

2 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I don't follow the Elon stuff everyday.  But I randomly open Twitter and this is the type of shit Elon posts? I really should deactivate my account. I use it mostly to lurk at comedians I like but I think it's time.

Hide contents
QICVl6u.jpeg?fb
IMGUR.COM

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Oh yeah, he reinstated Trump and Trump has yet to actually tweet anything. I wonder if he made any Truth Social posts yet in response?

15 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Oh yeah, he reinstated Trump and Trump has yet to actually tweet anything. I wonder if he made any Truth Social posts yet in response?

Trump apparently signed a contract where anything he posts on Truth can't be posted elsewhere for another 6 hours.

So I think this time next week Trump will be back on Twitter.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

👀

Screenshot_20221120_230613.jpg

5 hours ago, Nokra said:

Curious.jpg

5 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

:hmm:

18 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Incredibly rare Elon W.

Elon's judgment overruled mine, and he was constantly remarking on the ways he found me lacking. "I am your wife," I told him repeatedly, "not your employee."

"If you were my employee," he said just as often, "I would fire you."

By the time eBay bought PayPal in 2002, we had moved to Los Angeles and had our first child, a boy named Nevada Alexander. The sale of PayPal vaulted Elon's net worth to well over $100 million. The same week, Nevada went down for a nap, placed on his back as always, and stopped breathing. He was 10 weeks old, the age when male infants are most susceptible to SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). By the time the paramedics resuscitated him, he had been deprived of oxygen for so long that he was brain-dead. He spent three days on life support in a hospital in Orange County before we made the decision to take him off it. I held him in my arms when he died.

Elon made it clear that he did not want to talk about Nevada's death. I didn't understand this, just as he didn't understand why I grieved openly, which he regarded as "emotionally manipulative." I buried my feelings instead, coping with Nevada's death by making my first visit to an IVF clinic less than two months later. Elon and I planned to get pregnant again as swiftly as possible. Within the next five years, I gave birth to twins, then triplets, and I sold three novels to Penguin and Simon & Schuster. Even so, Nevada's death sent me on a years-long inward spiral of depression and distraction that would be continuing today if one of our nannies hadn't noticed me struggling. She approached me with the name of an excellent therapist. Dubious, I gave it a shot. In those weekly sessions, I began to get perspective on what had become my life.

• Thanks 1

An ad exec explains why they are moving away from Twitter advertising:

FiF_m-7VsAEHvsN?format=jpg&name=large

FiF_m-5VIAAanfz?format=jpg&name=large

Source:

blind_tw_share.png
WWW.TEAMBLIND.COM

I’ve seen a lot of technical and ideological takes on Elon Twitter but wanted to share the marketing perspective. For background I’m a director at a medium sized b2b tech company (not in finserv anymore) running a team that deploys about $80M in ad s...

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

25 minutes ago, CayceG said:

lmao this rules

So he's every bay area tech "leader" 

This is super common across big industries, a whole bunch of roles pop up around managing the incompetence of celebrity-ceos. You need them because they bring in the attention and bacon, but you also need to keep their ideas and hands far away from anything. 

If you know the name of an exec, leader, game dev, who does interviews and videos and are known by the fans. They are 100% like this. 

• Like 1

The “staging” stuff reminds me of an old job. We’d basically slow down production to keep no material in mid process when the old ceo would come around. He liked to see the process “pull” material through rather than be  “pushed” 

his company so whatever, we did it then when he left (his schedule was carefully managed by VPs with years of experience dealing with him) we went back to what actually got material out the door on time which was important in the “don’t get yelled at today” sense instead of the “get your bosses and thus you yelled at today” sense

1 hour ago, CayceG said:

lmao this rules

Any way to verify it? E.g., did the person talk to a journalist who verified their identity? I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it were true, because it matches how I expect things have to operate given Elon's full display of stupidity and  given other things we know about him, but it would be nice to know!

13 minutes ago, legend said:

Any way to verify it? E.g., did the person talk to a journalist who verified their identity? I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it were true, because it matches how I expect things have to operate given Elon's full display of stupidity and  given other things we know about him, but it would be nice to know!

Forum rules prohibit me from confirming the source :p 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Comet said:

I still don’t quite really get who or what Dril is 

He's like Nostradamus, but I don't necessarily mean that in a haughty way. He has a way of phrasing things that paint amusing and absurd pictures in your mind but, likely thanks to the shotgun blast nature that absurdity allows him to work in, a shocking number of his posts have "come true."

He's basically got a knack for creating text based memes out of nothing.  If you aren't into absurdity or non sequiturs though then yeah there isn't much there for you.