Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

Just now, osxmatt said:

As with Trump, I constantly oscillate between “this has to be the dumbest person in the world” and “he has to be doing this on purpose no person can be this dumb.”

It's the 44 billion dollar equivalent of those people back in the day who bought Xbox 360s to smash them in front of a line of waiting people.

• True 1

The thing about this that makes me think this actually might have some traction is that after COVID and millions working from home and unionization efforts and even stuff like the anti work movement, Musk coming out and firing half the company and then asking everyone left to work extra long hours just sets off everyone's bullshit meter. In this climate, to just assume everyone will be super cool with asking thousands of employees to be ready for years long crunch, while the gaming and VFX industry are getting all the sympathy in the world is crazy to me. It's Twitter. Not changing the world or saving any lives. Just the place where everyone goes to get some news while being told to get raped and kill themselves.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Uaarkson said:

My dad is convinced that Elon’s true goal is to destroy the company on purpose.

4 minutes ago, Reputator said:

I kind of am too.

He tried to back out of legally-binding contract, triggering a court case that he was sure to lose, so like the petulantly racist man-child that he is, he's decided to burn the entire thing to the ground in a final act of pique. 

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

He tried to back out of legally-binding contract, triggering a court case that he was sure to lose, so like the petulant racist man-child that he is, he's decided to burn the entire thing to the ground in a final act of pique. 

You don't tell your employees days after becoming the owner of Twitter that it will likely be bankrupt without.... probably some plan on maybe bankrupting Twitter.

I'm sure someone can track down my post from way earlier in the thread, but from day one my assumption has been he's been trying to destroy Twiter because he was forced to buy it. As soon as he walked in with a sink, I was like: "this motherfucker is gonna burn this shit to the ground, and torch whatever was left of his reputation to the ground in the process". 

Lo and behold, Musk giveth.

9 minutes ago, outsida said:

It’s being reported that the majority of the remaining employees are dependent on work visas and quitting their jobs would result in deportation from the country. 

So the South African mine magnate is dependent on forced labor. So on the nose.

• True 1

6 hours ago, outsida said:

It’s being reported that the majority of the remaining employees are dependent on work visas and quitting their jobs would result in deportation from the country. 

Wouldn't a company at that point be forced to start hiring US employees if the ratio of US to sponsored employees becomes too disproportionate?

9 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

NYT tech reporter Mike Isaac just tweeted this with no other context

What Isaac did is the type of nonsense that I really have very little patience for at my age.

An absolutely context-free statement that contributes nothing to our knowledge of the situation, only to follow-up with a link to the NYT article which he could've easily done in the original message.